Bye Eq2

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Diveris, Nov 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wurm Well-Known Member

It's called QQing Raff... not Pew-Pewing lol
  2. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

And this is also how I play, I'm not in a hurry. I've found games that make it where you can lvl to cap within a few hours or days boring. All this content is awesome and so much of it is never seen by most folks. What saddens me is no one runs the lower lvl instances....that used to be a way for you to learn how to work your toon within the group structure. What I do see these days is a ton of pl folks getting into raids and knowing very little about what their toon can actually do to contribute to the raid in the best way.

But that's me and I could go on and on about this..lol. I understand some folks these days just want to get to the pot of gold and skip the wonderful rainbow all together. More power to them. In the meantime anyone want to make a wee wager how long it will be til folks are hollering they are bored? LOL.

To each his/her own I suppose.
  3. Clash Member

I have a lot of toons. Not counting the lower level toons, I have 2 at 100, 10 at 95 and 2 at 90. While it might get a little dull in the end, I would have no problem running the AoM sig quest line on all of them. The problem is the quest line does not take you to 100, and leveling to 100 after the quests was painfully slow, especially when compared to playing the game for so many years and getting to 95. Trying to top off to 100 shouldn't feel like hitting a brick wall.

I would do quests in Withered Lands on several toons, then when those were all completed, I would top off in Skyshrine. I wouldn't have minded questing to 95, but at least Skyshrine was a good option when the quests ran out.
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

Whatever..I'm old, opinionated and all this whining is ticking me off, lol
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  5. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Things have been this way since launch in 2004. In each expansion the questing never got you to max level. You always had to grind a little to finish leveling.
  6. Diveris Well-Known Member

Thats not true.. there were enough quests to get you to cap in every expansion up till SS. You may not have got there on sig alone, but between hq's and side quests you could get with nothing that would feel like grinding unless you choose to. GU 63 was the first time that you were left dead in the water grinding SS to level.
    Wurm likes this.
  7. Diveris Well-Known Member

Dm is for those who have done all that content and do not want to do it all over again.. or who actual want to you know play with others..

So whats the point of heroic characters and level agnostic dungeons, if not to give the ability to skip content?
  8. Clash Member

I agree with this. XP actually came so fast in the early levels that you would out level an area before coming close to finishing the quests. In the later levels it was a little slower, but the quests could carry me to around 92, then it was on to SS.

I didn't mind the SS grind at 92 because it was fairly easy to get a group, and XP moved fast enough that it didn't feel like torture to grind. When I reached 98, it felt like I hit a brick wall. I couldn't find groups because I wasn't 100, and everything else didn't move my XP bar even .1% many times.
  9. Diveris Well-Known Member

Then don't read it and play the game the way you like. Your money is not in any way more valuable than mine.. The way you play is not either. If SOE wants to mess with it's already low numbers so be it.. I'm currently under the opinion that they want to kill this game to free up resources for next.

My subs are already canceled, they run out tomorrow. The mass quantities of SC i use to purchase i no longer will, as I am showing my protest with my wallet. Many feel the same way I do about this change. Just look at the other threads.

And remember for each one of us gone is another person gone from the population, of an already dying game.
  10. Spindle Well-Known Member

Hmm, I would say Raff's money (and mine) is more valuable than yours as of tomorrow you will not spend any more money on the game. Don't be so caught up in your vitriol that you lose sight of logic.

Change happens. Changes do not please every player. Every player does not agree with every other player.

This is not a cookie-cutter game and we are not a cookie-cutter population. Thank the Norrathian gods for that.

I'm sorry to see you and others leave. I hope you find games that please your play styles and personalities. If that doesn't happen, well, you all are always welcome back here in Norrath.
  11. Diveris Well-Known Member

If we are going to try to be smart a@@!s money has the same value anywhere in the country. Since its based in denominations.. that is it's value. Speak of logic all you like.. My post was about the value of my money to SOE while i was a paid sub and spending good chunks of money on SC, for the soul sake of supporting the game. At that time my money and his (and yours) were equal, in the eyes of SOE.

Your right about change.. and how it happens. As I am an adult and already know this your just being redundant to sound like a cool guy. Here's the thing tho for the literacy challenged; It is not only the change that attracted my ire.. its the timing of its implementation. Why wait until over a week after the expansion released? Its a cause and effect change.. a handful of players complaining impacted my game play. When people have been using DM to level for well over a year. IT WAS KNOWN and accepted by "devs". But once a few ppl comment on others bypassing content, here comes the nerf bat.

This change was accompanied by SEVERAL others which i mentioned in the first post.. yet no one wants to talk about anything other than DM.. Eq2 may be your religion since you can boundlessly get behind decisions that these borderline con-men put into place. But that's not my bag. So ill say it again.. bye bye.. I'm off to work on my own game lol. Only replying for the lulz myslef and my wife are getting from reading these posts.

I wont be back to Norrath.. I'll be in Asrea.
  12. Fippyderpderp New Member

Knock Knock...
    Who's there?
    Boo...and you know the rest.
    So DM gets a nerf and people quit? With DM nerf there's no possible way to get to 100 anymore? Hmm..oh wait, there's something called questing and grouping and playing with guildies. I guess you forgot about your guildies in your rage quitting madness.
  13. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I have had a really busy week. LIke no play kinda week .Hubby and I quested all weekend and got to about 98.5. He has time to play, and WANTS to play to relax after a stressful week, but I don't. And he wants to see 100, darn it! Our plan had been to visit group zones form older expansions to top off to 100 but with me out, he's been left to his own devices. He had been going into DM for a bit of time each evening until last night when he was he was only getting 8 XP per kill. So he left and I think went out and killed guards in Qeynos out of frustration (darn freeportians).
    I bet SOE would like to murder the person who came up with the slogan play your way. Cause his first reaction was why can't I play MY way? I understand the concept of what they are trying to do. I totally understood awhile back when they nerfed DM cause you could level a toon in like an hour or so, (some crazy reactive gear) but if someone wants to grind mobs in dungeons or whatever, why not let them? No one rage quits from too many options, just too few ;)
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

The "Play your Way" shtick is gettin old, btw It was never meant to allow players to jimmy the system anyway they want. All it ever meant was that you could play any way you wanted within the accepted parameters of the game. Those parameters to be determined, as always, by SOE.
    Arieste and Spindle like this.
  15. SOE-MOD-04 Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.