The Return of the Norrathian Spotlight!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Salutations Norrathians!

Our EverQuest 2 community is made up of many passionate players. Some of these players also spend extra time answering questions, designing in-game content, and creating videos to help make the game experience better for their fellow gamers. We’d like to thank these players and highlight some of them in a series of Norrathian Spotlight articles!
    • Are you a player that enjoys running in-game roleplay or pay-it-forward events?
    • Do you design amazing houses or dungeons for other players to enjoy?
    • Are you someone who loves doing livestreams, making videos, or running a fansite?
    • Do you spend time helping other players by answering questions on the forums?
    • Maybe you enjoy creating PlayerStudio items that are featured in game?
    • Or maybe you help by spending time providing feedback on the test server?
    If this sounds like you or someone you know, please share that information with us in this thread or via a forum personal message. Feel free to share screenshots, and/or a brief description of what makes that person stand out in the community. We will reach out to selected players directly for more information and feature them in an upcoming Norrathian Spotlight article.

Previous Spotlights:
    January 2015 - Transforming a Halfling Hovel into a Stunning Showpiece! (Danyelle, Nora, & Elduren)
    Tarnorili, Armageddoux, Nolus and 2 others like this.
  2. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

There's a thread in the Norrathian Homeshow for player spotlights as well. It might be a good place to start since a number of the people mentioned in it still play. :)
    jakenn and Afista_SOE like this.
  3. SilkVelvet New Member

I'd like to nominate Redhare and the entire Norrathian Crafters Alliance on Butcherblock. They created an amazing place (their guildhall) for players to craft with free access to raw combines and the ability for other players to donate crafting supplies. It totally revolutionised the way I craft, I went through and donated all of my common raws from all of my characters and I always try to craft in their guildhall.

They are a totally amazing bunch of people, so you need a pretty big spotlight to cover them all!

Silk, Butcherblock
    Seefar, Prissetta, Merriel and 7 others like this.
  4. Lala New Member

I'd like to second the vote for the Norrathian Crafters Alliance. There is one set up on Guk as well although for the life of me I can't find who is the main contact for it anymore. But it is an incredible resource for those starting out or those without a guild. I usually dump my pack pony and goblin gatherings in there once a day.
  5. GoblinTown New Member

I would like to nominate Heinzy (Brbzoning on youtube). He has done a lot of helpful youtube videos ranging from leveling guides, to how to do x quest, or how to get started in x expansion which I have found very helpful.

Don't know if I can post a link but if you search brbzoning everquest 2, you will find quite a bit.
    Link attempt: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=brbzoning everquest2
    Lala, Aurellie and Afista_SOE like this.
  6. Ereon New Member

I would like to nominate Slipps, Enjoys, etc. from Antonia Bayle. Slipps runs and helps out with multiple venues, publishes regularly updated books on various venues, helps organize and host the myriad of player events on AB, and is just overall one hell of a player and roleplayer.
    Lala, Nolus, Sapphirius and 1 other person like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that guild also exists on Unrest and the possibility to craft in a guildhall for new players is a heaven send.
    we had a problem with the raffie combines on Unrest somebody used all level 30 to 39 harvestable s
    from the harvest depot.
    I know this is not the right spot to post this but it just came to mind when this awesome person was mentioned.
    so I second Silk Velvet
    Thimdirran and Afista_SOE like this.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

I guess I'd better promote myself, so...

I'm Morgan Feldon. I've been playing EverQuest II since December 2007 when Echoes of Faydwer came out. My home server is Butcherblock and my main is a Ranger. I also enjoy playing my Monk and Dirge as needed for guild groups. Whenever I am in-game (admittedly not that often as all these endeavors keep me rather busy), I try to answer player questions in public channels including Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow, Unrest.EQ2Talk, and Test.Test.

I am editor-in-chief of EQ2Wire, the EQ2 News & Commentary site. Every year I cover EverQuest II from the annual SOE Live event for those who aren't able to make it. I record HD video of all the EQ2-related panels, edit them (a process which takes 5-7 hours per video) and post them on my Youtube channel. Every expansion I release guides, updates, an expansion FAQ, an expansion interview (this year was a podcast with Kander). I also co-run EQ2U Players, a site that lets players view their own Characters, Guilds, Quests, Recipes, AAs, Achievements, Spells, Items, Leaderboards, and learn from others.
  9. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I agree....Morgan Feldon would be a great person to spotlight. Just want to add that he was very patient with all the people trying to complete the beta achievements. I ran too many alts on beta to admit and every time he was there answering questions.
    jakenn, Hijinx, Afista_SOE and 3 others like this.
  10. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Feldon's got my vote. XD I think I check his site more than I check my own email. o.0
    jakenn, Hijinx, Afista_SOE and 2 others like this.
  11. Veysha Member

I'll put a vote in for Nergal on Freeport. He runs The Free Thinkers Hideout and like other guilds listed its open for crafting, portals and other Guild Hall Amenities. Several times Ive been using his crafting stations and he's popped in asking what items are low in the Depots - he's bought those items off the broker to restock.

He's got books he's created with Tips on gearing up and adornments, classes and many other things.

He always sends a message in General asking if anyone needs help with an update - crafting or adventuring - before he logs off. He's definitely helped me be a better player and made things much more enjoyable in Norrath.
    Nolus and Afista_SOE like this.
  12. Arlorielle New Member

I'd like to nominate Lera from Antonia Bayle for her work on EQ2Furniture. She maintains the site herself, putting much of her time and effort into making sure the site has an up to date database of all the furniture in the game, along with how to get it, if it's still obtainable, and keeping every piece of furniture categorized. I know I personally find the site a lifesaver for decorating, and I can't speak for them but I think many other decorators would say the same.

Hats off to our Frostfell Elf!
    Lala, Griffon Lady, Fleaz and 5 others like this.
  13. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Feldon covered. I use EQ2u and EQ2Wire all the time.
  14. Myrka New Member

I'll add my vote for Lera, Nergal, and Feldon! These guys do sooo much work to make the game an even better experience for the rest of us :)
    reddawg, Justaddvodka, Fleaz and 2 others like this.
  15. Phano Member

I would like to support Redhare and NCA on Butcherblock firstly, and also add support for Feldon and EQ2Wire secondly.

Redhare is a super individual and NCA is an amazing in-game resource for both the guilded and unguilded player. In addition, Redhare almost always asks if anyone needs help with Proof In the Pudding before logging off!!

Feldon's EQ2Wire is an incredible resource of EQ2 information for the entire community. In its own right EQ2U is an absolutely fantastic website for helping to keep track of all manner of information regarding players, guilds, stats, etc.

I believe that Redhare and NCA, and Feldon and EQ2Wire/EQ2U are both make fantastic, welcome, and necessary contributions to the entire community that are often overlooked and certainly taken for granted.

Thank you for helping to spotlight some amazing community members.
    Feldon, Thimdirran and Afista_SOE like this.
  16. Nantoh Member

Are spots located at different place at different server?
  17. Creepsey New Member

From AB i would love to nominate Slipps and Lera, both excellent people . slipps works so hard to promote RP and hold events and festivals
    Fleaz and Afista_SOE like this.
  18. Tajar Well-Known Member

I vote for Slipps too :)
    Kalmaraa and Afista_SOE like this.
  19. Integrit New Member

Lera on AB is awesome! Always helping in general and homeshow channels and keeping us updated online as well. She is an absolute, hands down, ALL IN for the community player across all servers. She takes the time to research for accuracy and is humble about her actions. Lera all the way :)
    Afista_SOE and Fleaz like this.
  20. Fleaz New Member

Agreed, Lera!!! The efforts she makes for accuracy on EQ2Furniture are beyond compare. She leads the way for beginning player decorators, directs those with more experience and sets herself apart from the crowd in personality. She chuckles with us all as we lead our Norrathian lives. On many occasions she can be counted on to even Correctly calculate and share the exact time remaining until Frostfell begins. Lera brings many joyful smiles, smirks, giggles and LOLs with the community on all servers via the homeshow chanel. Vote =Lera X infinity
    Afista_SOE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.