The Return of the Norrathian Spotlight!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justaddvodka New Member

So many great folks to list! I will start by throwing in my vote for those listed above Lera, Nergal, and Feldon as well as Slipps. It was a good few years back and Freeport which I believe was still the ftp server was down and I went on an adventure to AB. Alone with no one on my friend list and having created my first evil aligned character therefore being in a start zone completely new for me (doubt this will be remembered) Slipps helped me out with many answers to my many questions. I don't really remember the details except as I said it was my first evil aligned character and the starting zone was new to me and my sense of direction is a weakness lol. I felt like a complete noob to the game even though I'd played for years as an EQ player then when EQ2 went live for a good year before taking a break and returning to the ftp EQ2 server Freeport. needless to say Slipps patiently answered my questions and made me feel comfortable on what is known as and I warmly say this , the "Big Boy" server. AB can be a bit intimidating but I will never forget the welcoming feeling Slipps gave me. Again wish I had more details.

OK now for some folks from Freeport that I am soo grateful to have met and can say have made the game even more awesome to play.

Skulls - Where do I start??? This player has helped me not only on one class but several. The amount of knowledge Skulls has on the entire game is endlessly valuable. Classes, zones, strats, group builds for this or that.. as I said the entire game. I have been lucky enough to take the Conjy 101 class ( My name for it not his ) with Skulls.. and for any of you out there who play a Conjy you know how broken the class is and difficult it is to play well. Skulls plays the class beyond well and has helped me and many others with goals in playing their conjy well also. Heres the kicker though.. I walked away with tips also for my tank and my healer that have been completely game play changing in the best of ways. I could go on and on but I have more to list so on to the next.

Ok this one is not just a player but an entire guild of folks. Whiskey Tango Fox Trot guild. I have many toons and play them all. My guild is a guild I created for my real life girlfriends and I to play and escape from Mommiehood. It leaves me being the only non Mommy of the bunch soloing quite a bit during certain times of the year and it was during one of these times I was lucky enough to meet a member of WTFT. After chatting a good while I was asked if I had considered bringing a toon or playing with another guild. long story short I was welcomed in to WTFT and am no longer soloing. Ok thats a nice story and all but here is why I throw this bunch of folks in the mix to be spotlighted. They are an awesome team of players that are true to what a guild is supposed to be. They are helpful to one another as well as others. So many guilds around now that are or have gone thru leadership changes and in doing so have become a core group of cliques therefore not staying true to what a guild was intended to be. Helping eachother !!! Again I could go on and on but I will rely on you to do your own in game contact as mentioned above to find out more.

Altruistic, Elertulie and Motherhen... All three ladies simply that. Ladies.

Altruistic is a new player's dream person to meet. Knowledgeable, endlessly helpful and welcoming!

Elertulie and Motherhen beyond knowledgeable on not just their main classes but several as well as all other game play aspects. Don't know if this will make sense to others but I like to call them the best "explainers" of strats. Some people can know how to do things and others are able to teach I guess. Lets just say they know how to explain strats for those of us who don't always get it when its run down in game lingo or soo fast that u caught every two words maybe. Another two who make game play a much more welcoming and friendly atmosphere.

Those are off the top of my head and I wont apologize for the long winded post as you asked lol. Kudos to all mentioned as well. Even if i haven't had to pleasure of interacting with some of the names listed they all sound worthy of being spotlighted.
    Smallcorners and Afista_SOE like this.
  2. Dethdlr Active Member

Woot! I'm a Co-Conspirator! Has a nice ring to it. :)
    Seefar, Llwellyn, Faeonara and 2 others like this.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

I will totally support the nominations for Feldon, Lera, and Redhare and the Norrathian Crafters Alliance. They have all been so helpful to the community, myself included. They are amazing people who do amazing things!
    Seefar, Feldon and Afista like this.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I nominate Phatkins! I don't see anyone else here taking a pail of milk to the face for Norrath!
    Faeonara, Shmogre, Afista_SOE and 2 others like this.
  5. Cleaner Active Member

you sure that was milk LMAO
  6. Kelvani Well-Known Member

There are a ton of amazing people who really stand out to me. I have been on a 6 year hiatus from the game (been back about 3 months now) and without the tools they put out I would be completely lost!

I remember Niami Denmum and EQ2traders from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when. So I was thrilled to see her site up and running still! Niami gets my first vote for that very reason. Her longetivity is to be admired!

In addition I have found many new sites useful. Eq2wire is.. OMG AMAAAZING! TY to those who dreamed it up and put it out there. It is helping me tweak my gear, and understand stuff so much better. This would be Feldon I believe? He gets my second vote.

As a passionate home decorator my discovery of EQ2Furniture was another Godsend. Oh how I love this site.. may I repeat it again. LOOOOOOOOVE this site! When I was decorate it is my constant companion. Thanks to this site I can find out where something is from, and get it myself if I don't want to spend a ton on the broker. Thanks to this site I knew what faction I needed for my lamps, what books I was missing on my carpenter ect and so on. I don't know the name of the wonderful person who maintains this site, but they DEFINATELY deserve a mention!

My final nomination is someone who has really been instrumental in getting great homes noticed. When I returned I decided to see what other players were doing with their homes, and yet.... one server is so.. limited a scope. Sure I could make toons on every server to check them out but this lovely lady (err troll) has weeded out the chaff and posted the gems in her amazing home tours! Yes, I am speaking about Niboota Bloodyeyes of AB. Here is a link to her journal http://evertour.livejournal.com/
    Feldon and Afista_SOE like this.
  7. Mystfit Well-Known Member

twice
    Afista_SOE and ttobey like this.
  8. Praetorian Well-Known Member

I nominate Mecrab. The creator of Raidhub (www.raidhub.com) and the programmer of the Raid Guild Rankings on my EQ2 website EQ-Raiders (www.eq-raiders.com).

The guy is a pleasure to know and work with.

Praetorian
    EQ-Raiders.com
    Afista_SOE likes this.
  9. Wanderingbat Active Member

YAY! Feldon! I know you have no idea who I am but that is ok. lol I just wanted to let you know that your Beastlord guide on EQ2Wire was just amazing and so very clear and helpful. On that note , I would also like to nominate Morgan Feldon for the Spotlight.
    Feldon likes this.
  10. Feldon Well-Known Member

Thanks for the well wishes. I had my Spotlight last month!! Thanks to everyone who put my name in the hat. :)
    https://www.everquest2.com/news/norrathian-spotlight-feldon-eq2wire
    NefariaDarksoul and Kittybock like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.