Scheduled Server Downtime November 11, 2014

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Travail Member

just a classic to hold you over till there up!

Silat, Kurofinis, Kayan and 2 others like this.
  2. Bashem Well-Known Member

[IMG]
  3. KitKat New Member

Still??? Really??? /shakes head ... Any other info??? Why still??? This is so SOE But my money was gladly taken and taken every month!
    Stammel Desperado likes this.
  4. LordTiras Well-Known Member

That's worth a lot more than a few servers coming back online. Are you crazy? :)
  5. Arcos Active Member

Oh come on - got to go to bed in an hour and half :(
  6. Natharin Member

@KitKat
    Which is why in 10 years of this game alone they should have learned to never give an estimate as no matter what their intentions someone will not be happy whether it is one second late or one hour late.

We have suggested just after launch to not give and ETA (for one that's just silly as SERVERS do not arrive) and instead simply say "Servers will go down tomorrow at <insert time> and will be back up when ready".

You know back during that time when Blackguard was the CR here he did make a few comments himself along the lines of why they didn't like to give estimates, and he was right with his whole thoughts on it at the time. Giving estimates sets up expectations that are not always reasonable as many things can go wrong between putting things from internal servers to beta/test servers to X amount of live servers.

Though to be honest no matter what SOE does or does not do about an estimate someone would still be griping in some way, but just remember you do accept that thing called the ToS every time you log in, and that pretty much covers SOE in these such circumstances.
    Raesean and Hijinx like this.
  7. Raveen Active Member

lol I live close too we can go together :)
    Prissetta and Stammel Desperado like this.
  8. Seefar Well-Known Member

OK, here's a trivia question for all the veteran expac-hunters:

If I have launchpad up and it's showing servers as 'locked', when they become 'unlocked' is launchpad updated with that information (ie enabling 'play' at that point), or does launchpad get stuck in 'locked' mode (requiring a restart)?

Just something I've sometimes wondered about. I've never seen launchpad flip from 'locked' to 'unlocked', myself, you see.
  9. Raistlyn Active Member

Wish they could go learn from blizzard, servers dont even go down anymore, just play the expac at midnight.
  10. gavin enders New Member

Whats the eta i got plats to make
  11. Arithi New Member

hmm.. you would think this mess would be over with by now what can we do? we are but slaves to Soe and there fancies :p
  12. Paris New Member

If you miss the old days of sitting in live chat waiting for the servers to come up, go to EQ2Wire and join the live chat there :)
  13. Captivator New Member

Wow...10 years of monthly dues ... $1,600-$1,800 US dollars ... not to mention cost of expansions.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the test server is down again guess testing the expansion was a fail
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

that will have to wait till I get my new rig on one account have fun.
  16. Hijinx Well-Known Member

It's not SOE specific - every MMOs I've played has been like this. The analogy that comes to mind is a wedding. You plan for a whole year and yet there's always a last minute crisis. But the wedding still goes on.
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Fractals Member

It' took him three keyboards to the forehead to realize it hurts, lol
  18. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Can we please keep our comments about actual game play stuff away from this thread?

You make it boring! More videos!!!

Love the pigeon!
    grlgeek72, Tierisch and Hijinx like this.
  19. Loligo Opalescens New Member

One might also think that after 10 years of this game, they'd know to within minutes how long it will take to patch and cycle the servers for an expansion.

Nevertheless, the point is well taken.
  20. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

But, it's just a picture! That's more of a tease :( -Minus 10 DKP for you!

They are working on finishing up a platform update and we hope to have the servers unlocked very soon!
    Eshaac and Tierisch like this.