Awesome Bonus Items for Purchasing Altar of Malice!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Dakassinator New Member

EQ expansion is getting way more items for the same price of the new collector's expac of $90 here even with the 10% off. We should at least get a house that is race bound, not have to buy the race for all access, think about it our prior expac's were more exciting and worth the money for less.

I love soe, just not the greed with the amount of money they are charging on everything nowadays.
  2. Arnfield Member

Having one time only things like collectors edition items that cannot be earned in game is a good way to turn people off the game permanently.
    Jrel likes this.
  3. Naramsin Well-Known Member

In the past, SOE has charged $60 for the CEs.
    Now they want $90

Do the math and that is 150% of the normal CE charge
    What makes SOE believe there is an extra 50% value in this expansions CE as compared to prior Expansion CEs?
    Braxlin likes this.
  4. Hijinx Well-Known Member

Didn't I read recently that SOE had some pretty big financial losses last quarter? What it comes down to, for me is this: EQ1 and EQ2 are games with smaller populations. Even if everyone subscribed, it's still not a ton of folks when you consider development costs of new content. Then add in the costs of maintenance and support (and I will say, the customer support in this game is MUCH better than even WoW).

So do I want a game that continues to expand and remains well maintained and supported? Yes. You may be used to paying the same rate for years - but do you really think their costs have remained stagnant? Not a raise, or healthcare increase or tax?
  5. Ratza Well-Known Member

I've been toying with the idea to cancel my sub on my 2nd account after all the recent price increases....no need to toy with the idea anymore....I will cut off this 10 yr old account and only keep one sub....Thank you SOE for helping me decide. Yes, SOE will get the money out of me for 1 sub and xpac....but they lose the other all access sub. This game has become too rich for me.....I can no longer can afford to upgrade and maintain multiple accounts.
    Hirofortis likes this.
  6. Hirofortis Active Member

We all knew this was coming, we all said it was coming, now SOE has proven us right. All I can say is congratulations SOE, for the first time since EQ@ came out I WILL NOT BY the CE.

I have been a loyal customer for since the start of EQ1. Always paid for the monthly service. Always bought collectors editions. And now you tell us how much we mean to you. I am very very upset now.

I am now taking my game off of auto renew. Paid up for a bit still, but if this is how you want to treat us, this is going to be my last expansion. I sure hope this grand money wringing experiment fails miserably so you might learn that you are only hurting yourself when you do foolish stuff like this.

Congrats on ticking off a loyal customer.
    Braxlin and Phreak like this.
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

hmm, I was gonna buy the CE for the first time ever this time.
    thought to myself "yea 50 dollars isn't that bad, I will do it this time"
    bit disappointed :p
  8. Syrendyr New Member

Same here.....I want to continue playing, but not under these conditions.
    I'm not pretentious enough to think Sony cares enough to stop me, but I think they will start to notice a mass exodus. maybe that will get their attention.
    I've been with Sony since EQ1's first year.....I've even built my first gaming rigs to handle the initial stress of EQ2.

Including expansions, monthly fees, upgrades, station cash, and probably a few things I'm forgetting, I've probably dumped around $4,000 into this franchise. This is NOT the way to treat customers who pay to play a game when so many out there are free.
    For the first time ever, I will not buy the expansion, much less the over-priced and under-delivered CE.
    BUT, on the bright side, I will finally get time to enjoy my under used xbox :)
  9. Centuriana Sokokar New Member

Yeah I gotta say too - no house, no pre-order - no way for me. The houses are the main reason I ever bought the collector editions in the first place.
  10. Trickykell Member

I don't think there is a sense of entitlement among most voicing their opinions on this matter, I too, find the CE too steep for what is being offered. It will be the first time I don't buy the CE. That's just my choice. If the new race had been included I would have seriously considered it, just my financial situation being what it is at this point of time, spending 90 dollars on an expansion isn't justified. As it is, will probably just buy standard expansion (or beg husband to as my birthday present lol) and also miss out on the new race. I imagine it will be rather costly plus if I bought a race change potion... because having 8 or so 95 toons and little interest in a new class.. would have to buy the race change potion instead of rolling yet another toon to get it. I understand inflation.. I go grocery shopping every week for a family of 5 lol... but this one is a bit steep and has to be a personal choice and this time the CE will be a no.
  11. Foretold Well-Known Member

Good lord, the overreaction on this thread is just... appalling... all over the cost of the CE which is something you don't even NEED to play the game.

If you can't afford the CE, or if it's not appealing to you, or you don't think its a value for your money... don't buy it. That's your choice and you're entirely welcome to it. Rage quitting over the cost of it? Whining about it? Trying to bargain with SOE to add to it or change it? Comparing it to the past (like the price of nothing has gone up in the last 10 years... HAH)... just ... stop.

I can't imagine you all act so foolish IRL when price increases happen and you're caught a bit off guard. Carrots cost 39 cents a pound last month and now they cost 50 cents? RAGE!! I WILL NEVER EAT AGAIN!!! I'M TAKING BACK ALL THE FOOD I ALREADY BOUGHT!!

Sigh.

I can't even read this thread any more. It's just. Killing. Me.
    Candalyn, Ahupu and Liral like this.
  12. Ratza Well-Known Member

If people don't voice their opinion then how is SOE supposed to kknow what is good and what isn't?.....it's not all sunshine and roses in any business....good business practice means hearing customer feedback both positive and negative.
    GrunEQ, Kurisutaru, Feldon and 4 others like this.
  13. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

I have to agree with some of the posters here. Nothing has stayed constant in terms of pricing in real life in my 10+ years of playing Everquest, as the price of expansions. People need to get paid for the work they do, and if the prices go up for gas, groceries, etc, I might shop around but eventually I will pay for it. Feedback is great, but whining and threats and oh lordy I'm leaving over this is not the way to get the point across.

Same with gaming; the price went up... so what, now you decide if it fits in your budget or not... an unfortunate choice must be made. If it does, great, suggest some things to the team they can add, but it is what it is. I applaud the Dev team for the hard work they put into the game constantly, and hope that management can reign in costs and reduce the cost of expansions, etc. I will continue to support this great game and Team until the day when it is not financially possible or the doors shut closed.
    Spindle likes this.
  14. Hirofortis Active Member

Are you forgetting that they up the price on sc items, the have monthly fees for all access, they up the price on expansions, and they cut the dev team to a skeleton crew.

I don't see other MMO's upping the price on expansions. If anything SOE is going to cut there own throat as the market is becoming even more competitive. Upping the price when more competition comes is not a good business model.
    Feldon, Streppoch and Braxlin like this.
  15. Jrel Well-Known Member

I'm not buying the CE edition either. The gems blew my mind. :mad: I don't Pay2Win.
    Phreak likes this.
  16. Phreak Member

No actually I think speaking up and voting with our wallets is exactly what should be done when unhappy in business.

I'm in the same boat. I always pre-order the CE but not this year unfortunately. That exploded tower looks great but not for 50$ extra.
    Streppoch and Hirofortis like this.
  17. corruptbiker Member

Ya there a lot of doom and gloom on this thread here which has broken down into what is going be look at as whining instead of feed back the prices for items will always go up that can't be helped but what SOE could do to help balance things out here is what suggested in an earlier post just do a one day sale on NOV 11 sale the CE for 59.99 to both all access and free to play for that day only the have price of the CE go back to 89.99 after that day.
    Dambae Shadowfury likes this.
  18. maxxamus New Member

Be careful about wanting to use station cash.... tried to last time and had a lot stored up an Sony said NOPE! Didn't have the $ an tried but was screwed. Wish they would...Oh Well
  19. Rawl Well-Known Member

One of my bosses once told me, don't come to me complaining about anything unless you also come with a viable solution. I think that is good advice, therefore I suggest considering the options which could be a win win situation for both SoE and the game players.

I know SoE would like to grow their player base, and I know people enjoy the game play. I also know many people feel financially strained so it is reasonable to see the commentary about the cost of the collector's edition vs. value added.

EQ2 really is a good game. Many people leave EQ2 mostly for financial reasons (as expressed above,) then try other games but after seeing how lacking they are, they come back to EQ2 even after years of trying other games, because nothing else is as content rich as this game is. It has taken what, 10 years for all this content development to unfold, there aren't many other games that have even endured this long.

So, think about how you could help make this opportunity a win win situation where both SoE and you win, then post your suggestions. It doesn't mean they will heed the advice, but at least it takes away the whine factor. :)
    Braxlin, Moonpanther and Wenjii like this.
  20. Hirofortis Active Member

Agree, my first reaction is pure sticker shock outrage. We all knew they were going to do it. We all said they were gonna do it. Peps were like no, just wait and see, we waited, we say, we are upset. I could agree if they did a 1 day order cost, but that is not what they are gonna do. they want to see just how much they can wring out of this. voting with wallet and after years nad years of CE's. I will not be buying this year. I am paid up on all access for a while and will continue to play, but I am no longer set on a recurring sub. I really enjoy SOE games and have been an advocate of eq for many years. Right now I am feelign a bit abused though so that is the way of it. We will see what $OE does next.
    Braxlin likes this.