All Access Labor Day Sale

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Ratza Well-Known Member

Agree...plus giving us an extra day on Monday to make up for the troubles last weekend was not any help to those of us who have jobs and had to work on Monday...I feel kind of cheater.....so like you I too was hoping for another double xp weekend.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

They gave us an extra day of double xp, this last Monday...

Sigh.

Thank you for the sale soe. I appreciate it. I am thankful for the gifts I am given. That is all.
    Ava
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Sale my ****, did you see how much they raised the prices on unattuners?
    Even with the 25% off its costlier than it used to be.

Previously they were 350 SC for 1, now its 499 SC
    Before gouge, a bundle of 7 was 1950 SC and is now 2999 SC
    Beee, Belenos, suka and 3 others like this.
  4. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Besides that fact that I am a bit shocked (not too much, since it's SOE) by some marketplace items being raised on the day of the sale. I am more surprised that nothing is being done for F2P. Keep in mind I am all access but I figured that after last weekend's double xp that this week they would off the same to all and maybe a sale for only all access members.

I also can't understand why different games in the same company will offer double exp while others don't get it.
    suka, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kuulei like this.
  5. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Im not defending THAT. But they have the right to charge whatever they want, but yes, the timing is rather horrid.
    suka, Cynara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think they might've been referring to the li'l badge thingee some of us have under our avatar pictures; it can tell folks at a glance, for example, if you're All-Access and/or play multiple SOE games. :)

Uwk
    suka likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Different staffs, by now. :-/

Uwk
  8. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Olive Garden and Red Lobster are both owned by the same company, but I don't go into Red Lobster expecting the endless pasta special.

Raising the base price on items so the "sale" rate is actually more expensive than the standard rate the day before, however, is a very low blow. I honestly expect better out of SOE than a fake-out sale.
    suka, Xillean, Faelynn and 3 others like this.
  9. Faelynn Active Member

Can't agree more. Not impressed at all by the sounds of some of those price increases, but at the VERY least, it should have waited for AFTER the sale before they went up.
    suka, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kuulei like this.
  10. Windstalker Executive Producer

Just so there's no confusion or suggestion there's a bug, a few prices have changed on SC items. Very few. About 6 items. We felt that doing that at the same time as the sale might be helpful for members, at least, who choose to purchase those few items.

This week prices that changed are on purchases that you can obtain or use in-game in other ways (like merc slots and revive). As a few people have pointed out, we make adjustments like functioning businesses do. We'll continue to make adjustments as we go forward which will include reducing prices too (one item this week was slightly reduced).

Overall, please be sure you're happy with the price before you confirm your purchase. We want you to be happy about what you choose to buy and we are grateful when you do! We aren't out to trick anyone. I promise you that!
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  11. Windstalker Executive Producer

Oh, and on the bonus XP days, weekends, etc. There are going to be plenty of them coming over time. As you have said here, we did Double XP last weekend through to Monday. We'll be doing it again before too long. Same with Status XP days, weekends, etc.

We like to give you plenty of stuff to look forward to and fun benefits. Next weekend we'll be doing a Status Bonus weekend, for example, that will include F2P members.
  12. Xillean Well-Known Member

You should have clearly stated which items were being increased instead of leaving us to guess and your timing is quite frankly horrible. Its not asking to much for someone to post somewhere when you change things, especially during a sell.
    Mindsway, aspekx, Kuulei and 3 others like this.
  13. morath Member

Are you all purposely trying to piss off everyone to the point they quit the game and run yourselves out of a job? No warning and the timing with a "sale" making stuff more expensive then just the day before is just horrible for publicity and customer loyalty when SoE already doesn't have that great of an image to begin with due to poor decision making.
    aspekx, Morfydd, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  14. Malleria Well-Known Member

You could quite easily have announced the changes before or during their roll out, but you chose not to. Smells like a trick to me.
  15. Corydonn Well-Known Member

I was less hurt by Taco Bell raising their price on the quesarrito than I am at SoE raising prices right at a holiday weekend sale.

And that quesarrito going up in price really hurt my soul!
    Morfydd likes this.
  16. RadarX Community Manager

Folks we want everyone's feedback but it must remain specific and constructive. PM me with any moderation questions.
  17. Vunder Well-Known Member

The unattuner hike Gouge, literally killed what little desire I had left to play. I used the heck out of those on hand me down gear. I was stripping a bard and went to the store to buy 2 of them, ya...not happening.
    Mindsway and aspekx like this.
  18. Jrel Well-Known Member

Yeah. I agree. Raising the unattuner price is lame. I thought it was Great when they were 350 SC.
  19. Tajar Well-Known Member

We cannot get unattuners in game as we no longer get goblin gold. Unless there is another way that I do not know of? I was needing to buy two sets and thought the old price was steep tbh, but $30 a bundle now? :(
  20. Regolas Well-Known Member

Poor form Holly. 50% increases are too much in one go.
    aspekx, Morfydd, suka and 1 other person like this.