The New All Access Plan Information & FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 24, 2014.

1. beagley Well-Known Member

If you're an old player you should be able to use your existing SOE account if you still have access to it. A PSS1 account is required for new European customers only unless they did something wacky like close off old inactive SOE accounts. I'd contact customer services if I were you using the SOE web page.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  2. antoniosteve New Member

I actually *just* figured out this is possible, which leaves me with this minor annoying problem that I only have an uptodate version (recent expacs etc) of the game on my PSS1 account - when I tried to come back originally, the SOE website wouldn't let me change my password at all, it only worked when I tried it today.

I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet and re-sub this account/get all the expacs and such over again, which isn't the end of the world to get away from PSS1. Interesting that it worked today though - thanks for prodding me to try it again Beagley!
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  3. Griff Well-Known Member

Let me tell you a story about "cruel". Our family has been subscribers on several accounts with the EQ franchise since almost 1999. We came home from work Friday night and see the announcement about Vanguard closing (a game we love to play) and consoled ourselves that we would be returning here (which we did yesterday). Sadly we did not see Vanguard being able to go much further anyway, so having always enjoyed EQ2 as well and having established characters here, there was a silver lining after all. Not financially though....

To add to Friday nights sad news comes the billing of 3 three month Vanguard subs x $29.99 each. No problem, just cancel that subscription, go all All Access now, my wife loved the Beast-lord Class in EQ1, lets start new characters to become familiar with EQ2 again while introducing it to our other two RL friends that are in VG with us. Wait, you can't cancel a subscription for a refund, you have to add a subscription and your old one gets extended? (Sighs) Alright, lets bite the bullet and go All Access now so we can unlock our locked characters and play as Gold members. Ring up $162.00.

My wife logs checks to see what expansion is the latest in EQ2 and see's a one day special 25% off for those going those who converted to All Access and it's bite the bulled for another $90. (3 expansions). Were up to $252 in "move back to EQ expenses" but hey, we're good to July!

Well, lets get her started with that Beast-lord! Eait that's not included in the expansion?What's 2,500 points anyway given how much she will enjoy coming back to Beast-lord and it lessens the sting of losing VG a little.

Oh wait, all the slots are full; who to delete? <mutters> I thought Vet's, especially those with 9 years on EQ2 had more slots!! (Turns out you do, you find that out when you do /claim to get them). Well, having spent a ton of points recently on some nice, soon to be destroyed items in VG, and the points to unlock Beast-lord, her points are low so lets spend $20 on points for SC to get the slot open.

Now is when our Son calls to state he would like to join us, but...yeah, break out the credit card again. So in short, $300+ later not counting the $90 I could not cancel for VG after waiting on hold with no answer for customer service we made the "smooth" transition to return to EQ2.
  4. Blaupunkt Active Member

Am i right in thinking that we will not know what will happen regarding the all access plan and EQ:N for grandfathered EQ accounts until this goes live ?
  5. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

I believe this has been answered in the thread
  6. St Hospitaller New Member

PEOPLE, PEOPLE.
    LISTEN HERE:

SOE are by far, one of THE BEST companies ever.

Now, EQN is coming out or what not, so change is to happen, and that's just the way it is,
    the changes are great, and SOE are doing a beyond fantastic job. 110%.

Thank you.
  7. Blaupunkt Active Member

Not quite, unless I have missed it.

RadarX said they could not provide any info regarding EQ:N and UK(EU) based players, someone said PSS1 or whatever they are called have been working on some sort of all access account for a while, which does not matter to me as i will never make an account with them where I need to provide any card details.

There does seem to be an indication than "we" will be able to use our current EU based grandfathered SOE accounts from the FAQ but no red name wants to or can confirm this.

The only thing I can see 100% confirmed is the ability to play landmark with our grandfathered account, while this is good its not the answer I am looking for as I am more interested in EQ:N then EQ:L

:)
    flameweaver likes this.
  8. Kraeref Well-Known Member

A couple Questions if I may to RadarX.

Which day of a month with the new change we would be able to claim our 500SC? My C card is charged in the second half of a month. Currently 500SC added to my account around the same time (don't know a precise day, never paid attention). How is it going to change for me in coming April?

And is it going to be a message in a game that SC is ready for claim? I never remember to claim LoNs b/c there is no reminder. I hope it's not going to be a case with 500SC when soe would secretely hope I won't claim them at all. ;)

Thanks!
    daicia likes this.
  9. daicia Well-Known Member

Actually, this would be great info to have, if and when you know, RadarX. I'll second that with a request to please have some sort of a message or in-game mail so we know it's there to claim unless it starts showing up on the first of the month each month. I do remember with LoN, but that only because it's generically available on the 1st of the month and I have a reminder set to go off on my phone.

Ha! I just realized the irony of getting an alert or seeing an announcement about the stipend on April 1st (April Fool's Day in the USA).
  10. daicia Well-Known Member

Maybe they had to pick just one retired game and the population is higher there? Maybe the servers that they have Vanguard on are in very sad shape? Again, I feel for those loosing it (seemed like a neat game, never had much time to play it) but I'm sure there are reasons they won't likely expound on here. I only mentioned it because know the laundry list of things it takes to just have a server up and and in use without anything as serious as a game on it or regular bug-fixes and updates (electricity, bandwidth, replacement parts if it blows up, etc). It adds up fast! Actually, it's pretty generous of them to keep Planetside 1 up for now, now that you mention it.
  11. CazadorDeLaBruja New Member

The Planetside 2 Community was in an uproar because it wasn't a good deal for them... primarily with the restrictions of single item purchase restrictions. so SOE opted to find a middle ground that could work best for all of the games. The 500 SC isnt limited to a single item... even though it is a smaller amount, it can be saved between months provided you log in at least once each month.
  12. CazadorDeLaBruja New Member

i made the same note when i saw the significance of the planned availability of this change occurring on or after April 2nd... i was like... well so long as its not April 1st... then they are serious.
    daicia likes this.
  13. Complaintdesk New Member

I am reasonably satisfied with the proposed changes, but I am disappointed we will no longer receive the monthly 3 Goblin Game Tickets. I did receive 500SC on January 1st, but did not receive the 3 Goblin Game Tickets.

I understand the changes are to be implemented on April 2nd, my question is what do we receive in the interim, seeing as we are not receiving the monthly 500SC and the 3 Goblin Game Coupons?
  14. Mtug New Member

I thought it was just me but me nor my wife didnt get our 500 SC in Jan or Feb. Not sure whats going on there either.
  15. Luperza Community Manager

When we granted players extra days, the day of the monthly 500SC grant may have changed.

If this issue persists, please let me know.
  16. Complaintdesk New Member

Well it would be nice to know either way. Even though I have looked through the threads on this topic I cannot find a definitive answer. I was hoping by posting here I could get a definitive answer. ie; What do Gold Members get as a monthly bonus until the April 2nd changes are implemented?

As it stands it appears as if all bonuses have been suspended until April 2nd. It does seem strange though that some Gold Members received 500SC for January while others did not.
  17. Luperza Community Manager

Eshaac and Shmogre like this.
  18. Eshaac Active Member

Eeeekkkk.. no, no, not that.. is it the 16th yet?? lol I am sooo lookin forward to this.. take as long as possible to get it right the first time out, is what I say..

Eshaac
    Luperza likes this.
  19. Complaintdesk New Member

What do Gold Members get as a monthly bonus until the April 2nd - 16th, changes are implemented?
  20. Finora Well-Known Member

We get the same old 500SC, 5 LON booster packs & the gold rush bonuses (double alternate currency, +10% mount speed, 15% coin bonus). The only thing that changed was they discontinued the goblin games.
    Complaintdesk likes this.