The New All Access Plan Information & FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Luperza Community Manager

We've clarified questions about EU players internally. At this point, while Landmark is definitely included in the new All-Access plan, no decisions have yet been made regarding memberships in EverQuest Next, as that game is still a ways off in the future. We will keep you posted as soon as new information becomes available.
  2. Layla Littlenymph Member

Since you have decided to "sunset" four titles, All Access is not nearly as attractive as it once was. Now you seem to be saying that new titles may not be included as well? If All Access does not give Access to All, then it's not really All Access, is it?

As a long term player of one of those games facing a "sunset," and a casual player of yet another in that group, I am beginning to come to the conclusion that game memberships are not a good investment of my entertainment dollar. It is disheartening to make a long term (cash) investment in building up characters simply to see those investments washed away before their time. The All Access plan restored my faith to some degree, in that at least I could have other games I was established in to transfer to, without any additional costs on my part. To discover at this late date that the All Access may exclude future titles is something of a disappointment, and erodes the desire on my part to invest in it. Since the games I enjoyed most are being sacrificed to the altar of EQ, your future titles are my only real incentive to purchase All Access in the first place.

Yes, yes, I understand that your only obligation to me under All Access is to provide access to all titles currently available. I would point out however that this is a departure on your part from what All Access was intimated to be at the time it was first revealed. In fact, this is the first I have heard that new titles may be excluded. It is very disappointing to learn such at this late date, and does little to inspire any confidence on my part. I simply can not see investing in All Access when even SOE does not fully understand what is or is not included in that investment. When you figure out exactly what it is you are selling, let me know, and I will decide whether or not it is something I wish to buy. Until then, it would simply be foolish on my part to pay for something before I know what it is I am getting.
  3. Layla Littlenymph Member

4. Griff Well-Known Member

Forgive me if this has been touched on before. The biggest hindrance to all access, in this family's opinion is the cost of entry to the games. We returned from Vanguard to this game when they announced the closing of Vanguard. We also went All Access at that time wanting to be able to log in now and then to Vanguard and perhaps even Everquest I since we started there almost 15 years ago (Also met my RL wife there....in game).

Four family accounts x $39.99 for the expansions, and another $20-$30 to unlock Beast Lord, and some features that we wanted and we've spent $240-$300. Not to mention the costs of upgrading from Gold to All Access. The odds of us soon jumping over to play EQ-1 again? Well, not in the near future. It would be nice if there was some feature that discounted the cost of entry to additional games providing you're current in one game.

You can argue F2P and ways around restrictions, but lets face it folks, that's not what most long term players enjoy in a game. To expect a family or group of friends to lay out $40-$80 each, for every additional game in the stable they want to play AND pay a subscription feels a bit harsh.

People that still commit to subscription based games are the target for All Access in my opinion. Those are the ones that will invest money into a game they enjoy. Making the entry level cost to an additional game too steep detracts from the desire to invest in another game in the stable. Their not looking for F2P, Restricted Play, paid unlocks and the sort. They want a complete game for a monthly fee.
  5. Excession New Member

Smedley already tweeted a while back that EU players HAVE to go through Prosieben for EQNext (just like EU players have to apply for EQNext beta through Prosieben for EQNext), but I digress.

Once again you miss the point of my post.

SOE claim that if you pay for All Access, you can play all these games on your SOE Station account:

DC Universe Online
    EverQuest
    EverQuest II
    Free Realms
    PlanetSide 2
    PlanetSide
    Star Wars®: Clone Wars Adventures
    Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

But if you are from the UK for example, you cannot, as I found out when I tried to log back into DCUO, and was told I needed a Prosieben account to play it.

If I can log into my SOE Station account, and play EQ2, and PS2, without needing a Prosieben account, why is it different for DCUO?
    Tkia and Kalderon like this.
  6. Kalderon Well-Known Member

I still pretend on my own will and if i want to stay overseas, it should be allowed, at least, as long term customers ^^
    (Otherwise, there can be some movement on base of player ^^)
  7. Luperza Community Manager

We currently have no information to share beyond what is currently available in the FAQ. When updates or additional information is available, the FAQ will be updated.

I've added your concern to the query. I'll let you know if anything changes with the FAQ.
  8. Layla Littlenymph Member

Since my question seems to have been "overlooked," I'll ask again in a more concise manner.

Is the plan to hold off on deciding if EQN will be included in All Access until such time as AFTER we have bought it?
  9. Luperza Community Manager

As stated previously, decisions have yet been made regarding memberships in EverQuest Next, as that game is still a ways off in the future. We will keep you posted as soon as new information becomes available.

(Basically, I have no info on EQN as of right now. :) I know, repeat repeat, but that's pretty much all I can do at this moment in regards to EQN.)
    Calthine and Avahlynn like this.
  10. Cerium New Member

I actually have an Everquest 1 account that I pay for and an Everquest 2 account that I pay for on the same login. This allows me to play both games simultaneously. I have done this with several SOE games in the past. How will that work? Can I log into multiple games at the same time? I would like to do this with EQNext also.
  11. Luperza Community Manager

If you have two All Access accounts, you'll be able to use both of those accounts in all the games eligible for each account. :)
  12. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I suspect he meant more like...can he put them together so he only has to pay for 1 sub.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  13. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Right. As in, maybe some paid for multiple games before, can they consolidate down in their number of accounts?
  14. suka Well-Known Member

i will probably get into trouble for answering this, but here goes. I don't want you to feel that no one heard you.

Punishment for not logging in is having your guild hall evicted because no one logged in that month because you are the guild and you were gone. Punishment is having your house evicted because you have 4 accounts full of tradeskill houses and thought you had logged everyone in but missed one.

This isn't about punishment, it is about bookkeeping. To keep their records straight and avoid paying unreasonable taxes. they had to make it a claim item. Because that is a renewable claim every month, it doesn't accrue. In eq1 you get punished for not logging in. not in eq2.
  15. suka Well-Known Member

kk i'm not following you. if you bought everything including AOD - which was not an expansion but a feature pack, then why do you not have a fully unlocked game? i bought everything including AOD and even went back and found a few expacs on amazon that i bought because i had missed the collection features. true there are some things i don't have because i wasn't playing during some of the epacs and missed those collector editions, but i have a fully unlocked and playable game. I don't understand why you wouldn't.

you can buy the aod pack for the same $40 that the original feature pack sold for and it will be the same. as for what this has to do with having to claim our sc monthly, i am not sure where you are coming from on that. Are you claiming to be our authorized spokesperson? please don't claim to have permissions i for one never gave you.

Yeah if i get sick and can't log in for a month and can't get someone in my family to do it for me for whatever reason, i will miss my sc that month, and my LON cards. but i won't be banging down SOE's door about it. It isn't that important and i don't consider it something i "paid for". When i started the games, there were no LON cards for free and no sc for free. I paid a sub for the game itself and that was all i got. If i didn't pay monthly, i couldn't log in at all. what we get today is way different from back then - in fact we get a whole lot more.

so if you don't log in for whatever reason and can't get someone to log you in and claim it, you can't blame soe. it was there for you to get. just like if you don't log in during a festival then you can't complain about not getting festival prizes. I for one am not a baby and don't need SOE to hold my hand all the way and make sure i get everything i think i might feel entitled to.
  16. suka Well-Known Member

I second that one. I have a head too and can't use it. also, will this mean the end of discounted xpacs? when i bought my last one, my all access pass got hers a bit cheaper than my other account did. gonna miss that although the savings would probably buy two xpacs lol.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

kk, i still don't get it. the basic game is what you pay for, not all the other stuff that sells on the marketplace. if you want to revive, have a cleric or warden merc or just hit revive and you end up at the succor point in the zone you are in. Like in eq1, some games send you back to wherever you are bound, not in-zone so landing in the zone and being able to run back without zoning several times is a great plus.

The things sold in marketplace, like instant rev, xp potions, special race packs, those items were developed to make money for the company and really aren't part of the basic game. they are there if you want to purchase them, and it was stated from the start. but they are not the game. they are an embellishment. every game has a few because how else are they going to make money? and please don't say from your sub because i can assure you that your $16 a month won't pay the bills.

With the ftp and silver models, it is even more important that they do something to bring in money- like heroic toons. I would rather they think up ways to make money off us than to go broke and stop giving us the game at all. Do you really think they would be shutting down other games if there was enough money being made through them?
  18. suka Well-Known Member

actually the only reason i wouldn't play all the games is that between eq1 and eq2 i am kind of spread pretty thin. since i pay for all access, i am glad the price is going down to my regular sub. thanks soe
  19. suka Well-Known Member

the silver and ftp accounts won't be affected at all so how does that affect you? if you are silver, nothing changes for you.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

Huh? i think you are more than a little confused. the monthly sub isn't changing, you will still pay the same. you just get to play more of the games if you want. where do you come up with needing to pay more???