Is it possible to link houses in good and bad zones?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Nele, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Nele Member

What I mean here is that I have a High Elf characters in a good zone and created one character in Neriak as I love houses both in Neriak and Freeport. But now I have a problem of how my high elf characters can travel to those houses. I have also a prestige house in Qyenos. Is it possible to link that prestige house to a house in Neriak for example through teleporters, or they will only work for the same zones?
  2. Tineren Active Member

Yes you can link the prestige house to the Neriak house by putting a portal item in the Neriak house. But of course you still have to visit the Neriak house once to place the portal.
    There are two ways to visit easily
    1. Use the portal to housing in a guild hall, this will let you travel to any house where you have specifically been granted access.
    2. Enter Neriak and bring up the housing window. Pick the visit tab and you will be able to visit any house in Neriak you have access to. You can do this even while standing at the entrance to the zone before you encounter the guards.
    Nele and suka like this.
  3. Nele Member

ok ty will try that. I read somewhere that i can go to Freeport through the sewers and now i am 4 hours in those sewers and cannot find the way out. So i guess i can try that with freeport as well? as my alt bought a house there too
  4. Nele Member

No, doesn't work. I can enter people's houses from t he guild list, but can only exit back to the docks from them. and my alt's house doesn't show up, I guess because she is not in the guild. Well my idea was to buy a prestige house for her, so she can go to my first house and link it with teleport, just wanted to be sure that you can actually link prestige house from Qeynos for example to house in Neriak, as those are two different zones
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Did your alt make you a Friend or Trustee of the house? If so you should be able to enter directly by using the housing portal in the guild hall.
  6. Nele Member

Yes, I am a trustee, but the house doesn't show up on the list even when I type her name in.
    The reason I am asking about linking those prestige houses is that the first house I bought in Qeynos and when my alt was trying to locate it in the Freeport prestige house portal, it doesn't show there. So I guess each zone has its own prestige houses. I just do not want to pay rl money for it and then not to have access for all my characters
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes. The prestige houses are not linked in both qeynos AND freeport. The house is linked at whichever 'anchor' you used to access the house for the very first time.
    What Dulcenia is talking about, however, has nothing to do with the portal anchor in cities. She's talking about the 'portal to member housing' item in guild halls.
    Nele and suka like this.
  8. Nele Member

Yes I understand what she is talking about, but that doesn't work for me for some reason.
    So I just wanted to be sure that I would be able to link the new house if I will buy it
  9. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

If the housing portal (blue circle on floor) won't let you access all houses you have friend or trustee access to, then....honestly, nothing can be guaranteed to work, because there is no reason why that should not, unless your character is bugged somehow.
    Nele likes this.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

The prestige housing portals in Qeynos & Freeport are completely separate. You will not be able to access a FP house from the Qeynos stick. You definitely can sneak into Qeynos or Freeport and get to the housing area if you are careful. I do recommend getting EQ2 maps before trying though, because I'm not sure the default has maps of the sewers yet & they can be very confusing until you've ran through them a few times.

It doesn't matter at the guild hall housing portal if the house you are trying to access belongs to a guild mate or not.
    I helped decorate a playground on EF server and the base house belonged to someone in a different guild. I still could see his house on the guild housing portal. It will show all houses you have access to.

In your situation it seems you might not have actually granted your character the access to the alt's house you thought you did. Check that you have granted at least friend access to all your characters you want to be able to visit any of your houses. Then you should be able to access them from the guild hall portal. Once you do that drop a portal from your Prestige house in each of the houses you want to have linked to the prestige house. Then if you accessed the house via the visit feature or entered one of them via it's actual door, then you should be able to use the prestige portal in the houses or click the door to travel to the prestige house and from the prestige house to any of the other ones (via clicking the door). If you publish a house and access it from the leaderboards this doesn't work, you'll get ported back to wherever you were when you used the leaderboards.
    Nele likes this.
  11. Nele Member

Well, thank you will try to check that again, but I checked it already that I am assigned as a trustee, that is the first thing i do when i acquire a new house, set all alts as trustees. Actually my houses or my alts houses never show on any lists unless I type the names in manually, but in that case it didn't work either. But I will try again.
    I am not going to those sewers the second time, I did have a map, but they are not just sewers, but a dungeon where I had to fight all the way for all those 5 hours I was trying to break out. And I am low level and do not like combat much. Btw I lost my way in that Guild house too and couldn't get out of thereas well, So I am pretty hopeless with dungeons
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Some people have said they could not access houses even if they had trustee status if they didn't also have the house set to accept visitors. So, you might want to check that as well.

And I don't know how many alts you have but I found out just last night that I'd completely forgotten to add an alt to a house. So it can happen if you have several of them...or more than several in my case.
  13. Nele Member

No I checked 3 times already andl I tried again several Guild Halls and now when I click that portal I get no-zone message all the time. Maybe it has something to do with that I never been in that zone before and it is locked for me, idk. I am so tired, had been all day at that. Guess i will just buy that second house, seems would be easier
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

If it is not a prestige house rent also has to be paid up.

I've used the methods I've described many times on at least 3 different servers so I know they work.

I don't know what else to tell you without actually seeing what's occurring to you myself. Sorry.
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Might be an idea to ask in guild chat to see if anyone else is having an issue with the housing portal. If no one is, maybe they can help figure out why it's misbehaving for you.
  16. Nele Member

It is ok, thank you all. Yes rent is paid up. And I honestly is just too tired of this whole issue to bother about it any more. All I wanted was just buying a few houses and craft some stuff to decorate it. And with so much headache I just don't care anymore. If it will work out it will work out, if not then not.
    Last thing I would try would be buying that second prestige house that I planned to do anyway, just will buy it for another character. Btw I want that Oakmyst place, but cannot ride a horse there, is there any chance that this feature would be added at some point?
    Re not being able to enter houses in general, for my personal case I solved that after spending another 3 hours on google. It turned out that some houses would not show on the lists because there are already too many people on those lists. All I had to do is to type manually names of characters that own them.
    Re asking something in chat, that is another headache, because I gave up on chat long time ago, as it never works normally and I cannot figure out how to set it up right. So I generally just close all chat when I log except for combat window. I do not know how to ask anything in chat or send messages to people. All the time the chat is either spammed with too many messages or just doesn't show anything at all. Each time I reset chat options, next time I log in or go to another zone it just resets everything to not show any chat. I sometimes get messages from people that I see in chat, but i have no idea where they do come from and how to respond to them.
    Overall, I do not know if devs are reading that particular thread, but it really could be a good idea to make some simple manual or something to make this game more friendly to new people. I am playing about two weeks now and still spending 70% of time on google trying to figure things out. If it wouldn't been for that zam or something help I don't know how I would have been able to play it at all.
  17. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Hey Nele. :) you sound really frustrated! I'm so sorry. What server are you on? It sounds like you would really benefit from a one on one mentor, like I had. Cynara walked me through the interface and taught me the ins and out of messaging, travel, loot settings, and the broker. I'd be happy to pass along that wonderful knowledge, if you like.

We did it over Skype, so much easier that typing it all out. I'm happy to do a chat with you if you like. If not, I totally understand. Hang in there, this does get easier!!

Bree of AB
    Tariya, Shmogre, Nele and 1 other person like this.
  18. Maltaros Active Member

It sounds like you are having all kinds of trouble. I would suggest you do a clean install of the game and see if it clears up the bugs. By that I mean uninstall the game, then delete the folder (usually C:/Users/Public/Sony Online Entertainment/ Installed Games/Everquest II). That should get rid of all settings, .ini files and anything else that might be corrupted. Re-download the game and see if it cleans up your problems with chat, housing, etc.

Also, chat is pretty simple to figure out and is the best way to learn this game. There is a bit of a learning curve for any MMO but your fellow gamers are your best resource. I would recommend you not just close chat and ignore it. It sounds like you are in a guild so you really need to keep your guild chat on and pay attention to it. Those are the people you want to help you out. There should be people there willing to help you with all your game-related issues.
    Nele likes this.
  19. Nele Member

Lol. Sorry that I sounded frustrated, Normally I am rarely negative, but just got mad that I had to fight those mobs in the sewers all day yesterday, when I only wanted to craft stuff for my new houses. :p
    I am on Antonia Bayle server, I do not have skype, voice etc and do not plan to install them ever :p Avahlynn, ty very much for the offer. If you do not mind I can ask questions from time to time, most stuff I figured out already (that is if I ever figure out how to contact you in game, maybe will try mail, as it seems easier than chat) I guess you have same name in game? Because Nele is not the name of any of my characters. Re taking a full time mentor, I guess if I would be unable understand most of things myself, then it is no point to play a game at all. Besides I hate to bother people with anything and I am already asking too many questions here I think.

Maltaros: Ty for suggestion, but I am not reinstalling the game as long as it works more or less normally. I do not want to mess up things more with deleting files, etc. Re chat, it is probably not working because I am not setting it right and I do not care much if it works or not. I am pretty much solo player, so it is ok for me. And no, I am not part of the guild and the chat is not simple here. I maybe didn't play MMORPG games, but I had chat in many other places and it is always quite simple. Here there is like 50 different options to set up and not all of them clear as to their meaning. I guess with time I will figure it out, but the chat is something I left for a later dates when i will start looking for the guild or something.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  20. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I am on Antonia Bayle, too. Mail is totally fine! If you ever need a little help mail Breelynah.

Xoxo
    Avahlynn