2014 Membership Benefit Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wanic Active Member

2. lulubelle New Member

I agree with everyone..I would rather have my 500SC every month or have the option to choose the 2000 or the 500..Im like everyone else, I buy things with my station cash that I need, house items, appearance items and so forth, its just going to be a waste for me.. where I will probably go back to using Krono's instead of paying for my gold account..
  3. Feara Well-Known Member

It should of never been set up to be able to use awarded sc for that.
  4. Phirmware New Member

I just saw that as well, Wanic.

Apparently we don't rate our own post.

One problem with that post, though. There are zero problems with cross-platform SC issues in EQ2.

Lastly, is the fact that I couldn't care a hill-o-beans about getting member access to other games. I barely have time for this one.
  5. Charlice Well-Known Member

So if Smed can offer an explanation for Planet, why are we still waiting for one?
    Though coming from the man that stated we'd never see micro transactions in any way shape or form, I take it with a pinch of poison.
    Avahlynn and aspekx like this.
  6. kellian1 New Member

Gotta be honest $14.99 a month for the WHOLE LINEUP of SOE games ADDED with the 2000SC use it or lose it is rather enticing...

Still not sure how I feel about it, though the arrow is no longer moving down for me.
    ShyMidnight and Lady Araushnee like this.
  7. RadarX Community Manager

Let's remain constructive please. You'll see something over here very shortly however many of the questions asked in this thread have been answered over there.
    daicia and Basel Noire like this.
  8. Maizing Member

I realize that you do not get it. Let me try to explain once more...

I often do not even log in every month. This means that, in those months, that 500 SC costs me the entirety of my monthly subscription (which is certainly more than $5). That SC and the fact that it accumulates is the main reason I have not just switched to Silver long ago. Another part is that I actually want to support the company.

If this change goes through as planned, I will no longer have any incentive to stay with a Gold subscription. So I will drop to Silver, and maybe spend up to $5 in any given month. This is less than what Sony is getting from me now.

The double loyalty coins, etc are a nice perk, but only if I happen to actively play that month... and how much I play that month determines how good those perks are.

I am upset not only because the only perk I can really count on is being taken away, but also because I do want to support Sony. I just can't justify paying RL $$$ for nothing.
  9. ShyMidnight Active Member

I quite like the idea of being subbed to all the games at once with an item in each. It's interesting.

Still we'll see what they're thinking of for EQ2 Anon.

Something I'd like to see, is to get all the gold perks whether or not we sub with gamecard, krono, or credit card. I've always though the better perks for credit card subscriptions were odd. It would also be nice if Sony sold 3, 6, and 12 month subscription cards in places like gamestop, walmart, and bestbuy. That's just my take. I used a credit card for my last 12 month sub to EQ2, purely because it was the only way to get the station cash added in.

Another nice tweak would be to be able to put krono towards subbing in any of the Sony stable of games. I think I have a krono in EQ2; I was thinking it would be nice to put it into for example Vanguard to try that game out.
  10. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Regarding Smed's post:

So people complain that 500SC isn't enough, so you give a 2000 limited voucher that can't be used for smaller purchases without wasting most of it. And time restrict it. That just solves one problem by making another even bigger, above and beyond all the other issues already being discussed.

I don't get why people accruing SC and not spending it is a problem (Except for EQN that is). We've paid for it. It can't be cashed out so it shouldn't count as money they are holding on our behalf, thus accounting should be fine.

This bit really annoys me:

"We are considering (and are likely going to move forward with) a plan that means if you subscribe to one of our games you are a subscriber to all our games (this applies to PC titles only btw).. all for the current $14.99 a month. That's a benefit most companies simply can't offer because they don't have our portfolio of games. The goal would be to let you pick an item in each game you play. Some of you might say "well who cares..I only play Planetside 2. How is that a benefit to me?" My answer is simple - we've got a great lineup of games, some of which aren't announced yet that cater to a lot of players. We have EQN and EQNL coming along with other..... games... that PS2 players might just like :)"

I still say "how is this a benefit to me, I only play EQ2?" I don't WANT to play any other SOE games. Nothing else out at the moment appeals in the slightest, I've even stopped playing EQ1. And promises of unknown future titles (that will unquestionably be handled in Europe by PSS1) is even worse than SOE's usual 'details to follow' line with multi-year waiting time. I chose EQ2. I'd like rewards for the game I play, not those I don't. I don't want other games for 'free' tyvm. I feel no loyalty to SOE after the PSS1 fiasco either. I like to pick and choose my games from a range of suppliers although I don't have much time to play much else anyway.

Plus how this affects Euros with half the games at PSS1 and all future ones too I have no idea. I can't play EQN or Landmark with my SOE account, nor DCUO. So my value plummets immediately.

From that post it sounds like the whole way SOE manages it's 'portfolio' is just one huge mess from start to finish. No surprises there.
    Flatline, Sambril, Tkia and 5 others like this.
  11. Pariel Active Member

Why is it Smed can always take the time to hide on some 3rd party website or try and answer indepth questions with 160 character tweets, but never in all controversial decisions made by the company he heads up can he show his face on the forums of the games directly affected by those decisions?
    Simparri, Pippers, Avahlynn and 2 others like this.
  12. Quinnos Active Member

This change does nothing beneficial to people who play EQ2 only and their only response is "Well you can play all these other games"

I seem to remember phone companies doing similar forced bundle sales like this until the FCC change regulations on them forcing them to unbundle services because the practice was deemed unfair to consumers.

Even with the access to all games gold membership, it's not what I want. It's selling me things I don't want and lessening the benefits I do want. Not worth it for me, but that's not to say it won't be worth it to somebody else.

Either way, this is lessening EQ2 specific benefits in exchange for other benefits you may not want outside of EQ2.
  13. Pariel Active Member

This ^^^. Well said Pips

This makes me laugh... "We are considering (and are likely going to move forward with) a plan that means if you subscribe to one of our games you are a subscriber to all our games (this applies to PC titles only btw).. all for the current $14.99 a month.....
    Didn't that used be called All Access (just a tad more expensive).. you know, the thing us lowly EU's can't use? And all new "all access" subscription.. so I'll bet good money it's non EU only, as Pips said, can I use my SOE account for EQN?
    Avahlynn and Pipsissiwa like this.
  14. RadarX Community Manager

He's currently engaging a larger audience on that subreddit than he would here on the EQ2 forums and his goal is most likely to address as large an audience as possible.. Why would negative feedback on the forums where we moderate things be more effective than a subreddit that SOE has absolutely no control over? Every question he is responding to is from an SOE customer.

Folks I'm once again going to ask we remain on topic and constructive. Future posts not meeting those requirements will have to be moderated.
  15. amarisa Member

I haven't read everything here but this uproar over the 500 sc thing has made me realize. I have played a gold account for two years, paid the yearly fee, not the monthly and have never received any station cash. My gold account ends tomorrow and I will not be renewing it, apparently I have been getting ripped off for two yaers now, go figure.. I guess this "change" doesn't affect me, won't miss what I never got.
  16. RadarX Community Manager

Folks at this time I'm going to ask you redirect your feedback to this new discussion thread which should answer a number of questions you have available. We are still very much monitoring your concerns. Thank you!
    Basel Noire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.