Heroic Characters

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Dulcenia, Sep 23, 2013.

1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

From here that seems to be the only reason to stay gold at this point. I turned 3 of my accounts from gold to ftp with these incoming changes.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

1) When will Channellers become available as heroic characters? As a rough estimate. Considering its possible to go 95-320 in about 24 hours anyway with a good amount of effort.
    2) Is there plans to take the Heroic Characters feature further in future, like Tradeskills/Adorning/Tinkering etc.
    3) Is it possible to have certain long and tedious questlines already completed (For example Speak as a dragon). As It'll only put off new/returning players if they have to go back and do that quest. Or better yet, just give them the tablet.
    4) How will the "1 Per Household" application work, for places where you are likely to see multiple log ins from multiple people (Like Universities, Colleges, Military Bases).
    5) Can all Gold Subscribers get a free Character Slot with the release of heroic characters. Seeing as the perks to Gold are getting lesser and lesser by the day, and a lot of people will already have filled their maximum.
    Feara likes this.
  3. guard Active Member

will a level 85 heroic toon have all skills upto level i.e harvesting, swimming , crushing ,slashing etc
    Gnaff, CoLD MeTaL and Quabi like this.
  4. Caith Developer

1 - We don't have a date on when Channelers will become available as a Heroic option.
    2 - No plans at this time.
    3 - Heroic characters are not going to have any quests completed for them. If a quest is so tedious as to be off putting, and is also something that cannot be avoided, I would rather look at the quest itself. I'm not sure To Speak as a Dragon would qualify in my estimation, but it's something that we can look at.
    4 - Unfortunately, that's not a question I can answer, the household limitation is being implemented via code, and explaining the limitation in detail could encourage people to try to get around the limitation.
    5 - Gold members already are granted more character slots then silver or bronze accounts. I'm not going to go into gold membership here, but I will say we have some things in the works.

Combat and adventure skills will be maxed for level 85, harvesting and crafting skills are not.
    Feara likes this.
  5. Linthu New Member

Sorry if this was asked and answered, i read this thread and the faq and didnt see it. But, what level of spells will we have on the heroics? (Journeyman, Adept, Master, etc).

Thanks for answering all our questions!
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

This is a very deep mistake, it will make anyone who levelled normaly to 85 quite angry.
    A quest to get the heroic gear should really be available to anyone that reaches level 85.

Indeed, if you cared about the server communities those heroic toons would come in treasured
    gear, and this would impulse a high dynamic in the economy and make traders very happy.

We can stand some limitated pay to win feature, but it seem that in their soe has gone beyond the acceptable limits.
  7. Quabi Active Member

To Speak as a Dragon is so fast now with the streamlined travel system...I'm wondering if the people worried about it haven't done it in years.
  8. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

While its somewhat quicker than it used to be, for a new or returning player, it has very little value in the whole running around all of old grey content gathering 48 runes or whatever it was.
    The quest is pretty much needed for all epics, and people would get the lore behind it if they just had to go down to Naggy, talk to giant, and then were already given the completion tablet.

If I went to play a new game, and was expecting to go right into end game, and then was told I'd have to spend a few hours running round random zones, just to click some items, I'd lose interest really quickly.
    As it stands, as a new player going to join with the pretense of starting at end game, they get the delight of running down to Nagafen, after having to grind giants for Language, after having to free the Maiden in the Gulch, to then go find 48 random items in empty/grey zones, to then do a class epic, to then have to do epic repercussions. Then they can start end game. Seems a little silly really, or maybe its just me.
    Avianna likes this.
  9. Quabi Active Member

I don't think it's bad for new players to run around to see the old zones /shrug. EDIT: The only part of it that I think is really dated and don't like is Obelisk of Lost Souls...if that hasn't already been streamlined since I last did it.

It's my understanding that you will be able to start Epic Repercussions without having to do your class epic. Maybe Caith can confirm/deny.
  10. Kraeref Well-Known Member

If you completed To speak as a Dragon once you can give a tablet to your alt with no fuss. ( I think it's 26 runes :D)
    So running around can be avoided. That's what happened with my two alts. You can also buy the tablet from a shady character if you accidently lost it.

For the first time for new players is nothing wrong with running a bit around to learn lore and see places :)

EDIT: You are correct Quabi. You just need a fabled version of a weapon to start ER.
  11. Foretold Well-Known Member

I just did Speak as a Dragon for the first time on my second account a week ago (no easy tablet... sad face).

It took about an hour and a half, with the aid of locations provided by wiki/zam. It wasn't the most tedious thing ever in game, but it wasn't big fun. It was just something that had to be done.

Grinding all the faction for the Epic weapon... well, that was another matter. THAT was tedious.
  12. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Some epic weapons require a high harvesting and they will start at zero /boggle.
  13. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Harvesting is not bad to get up quickly. Transmuting, tinkering and adorning on the other hand are all tedious.
  14. Corgaan New Member

I have been wondering why SOE never got the idea to sell temporary faction items on the market, like temporary illusion spell that grants you faction for those quest steps. I'm sure they could have made some dime on it and no one would mind...
  15. Nelie Well-Known Member

Helped you with your quoting there. I am sorry you feel this way and take it out on raiding. I personally do not have trouble finding groups and I raid full time. So if you think my "complaining" is affecting my game play, think again. I think you're confused about my take on Heroic Characters as well. I really do not care about them but at the same time I hope people have fun with them.
  16. Awkk Well-Known Member

Thank you for the reply. Can you please say the difference between a locked and unlocked heroic character?

For instance, between Oct 1-15, if anyone makes a free heroic char, and then deletes it...can they make another heroic char for that account, if it is not yet Oct 15?

Or if anyone buys a 35 SC heroic char slot, will it always be a heroic char slot? If they ever delete that heroic char, will they be able to make another heroic char in that slot? Or will a regular char slot be available after deletion, or no slot at all?

Thanks again! And thanks for all the great new stuff over the last year! Really love the new depot boxes, the fast change AAs, and the CoE tradeskill abilities! I just wish I had paid the $19 extra and gotten the werewolf mercs. They were added late and I didn't know how good they would be until it was too late. :(

As others have said, there is not much grouping under 85-95, or maybe there is, and it was my choice not to find it, but I have been mostly soloing/moloing all my toons to 90. Just got the second one to 90 last night! So that is why a good merc and the XP 10% Gold Rush is valuable to me. I would really love one last chance to be able to pay the $19 and get the CoE collectors edition, or even just the mercs. :)
  17. Caith Developer

When I refer to a locked heroic character, that would mean it still has all of it's restrictions.

Heroic characters do not interact with your character slot at all. If you make a character heroic, only that character is heroic. If you delete that character, nothing is retained.
  18. guard Active Member

if only I could let you do all my harvesting :). I hate doing it but to come into game get a level 85 then have to run around the beginner zones to level it all I would find very tedious
  19. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Call me crazy I actually like harvesting :p
  20. Mae- Well-Known Member

I think you're being a bit dramatic. People who purchase these characters for $35 deserve at the very least a unique armor appearance.