Login servers down?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Arev, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Kart Member

Now I know what to look for, thx
  2. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Wish I could do more to help. :( Just seriously hope you get to the bottom of the problem today, not next week.
  3. Kart Member

The thing is, I've removed the files ppl said they had updated, I've selected "validate" on the launchpad more times than I can count, I've tried setting the game to EU English (it installed files 'cause I'm running US), then swapped back to US, applied, and verified, and it STILL got the files from the old build. I don't know what else I can do, except hope that SOE fixes this, or provides a manual patch.
  4. Velwyn Member

Right! SOE loves to put off next week what they should fix today. But hey! Who cares about the people who pay their paychecks. Right?
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

During the time the patch was broken I logged onto the Test Server. It was up during the whole escapade. Worth a try, because it seems to load a somewhat different set of files.

Edit: I know it installs in a different directory, but it might reset or kick-start something.
  6. Kart Member

How much will it need to install? I'm on limited bandwidth of 15GB/month (out in the boonies), so if it's gotta download most of the core files I can't do it.

Did submit a support ticket too, so let's see what happens. My money is on "not much," at least in the near future. Sounds like SOE is busy right now, guess they had to refill the coffee pot.
  7. Bunji Developer

I've notified our Ops team that some are still having issues patching the new files.
    Dulcenia likes this.
  8. Seraj New Member

Is there an isolated file I could delete to update the SOE build version. I still have the August 29 version and patcher doesn't do anything.
  9. Velwyn Member

Submitted a ticket. Lets hope that with enough of them they'll realize there's something fishy going on and it's not their wives. >.>
  10. Velwyn Member

Nope. So far there really isn't anything we can do right now until SOE gets off their behinds and do something. Now there are hundreds of support tickets in now.
  11. Velwyn Member

Yay!!!! tytytytytyty!!!!! "hugs!"
  12. Kart Member

Thank you SO much, Bunji! Let's hope we can figure this out soonish, I miss my stress relief.
  13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I'm honestly not sure anymore. I've been messing around on the Test Server for over a year now, since it's often up when other servers are still down.
  14. Bunji Developer

Got a reply back suggesting a DNS cache flush may help:

1. Open a command window (All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt, or type cmd in search field)
    2. Enter: ipconfig /flushdns
  15. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Would that work for those using an inhome network with their router acting as a DHCP server?
  16. Kart Member

No luck, unfortunately. Tried that, got a message in the console window saying "Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver cache." Opened LaunchPad again, and it's still jumping to "preloading assets," and still says that all files are verified. Unfortunately, it's still showing my build as 10338L.
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Do you have the manual for your router? I bet you're using DHCP since you're on a network, which means it is your router in charge of getting the DNS information.
  18. Velwyn Member

Flushing. Will post results.
  19. Kart Member

Will access the router and try to flush from that. Will keep everyone informed.
  20. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

You may also have to flush the PCs again to force them to get new DNS info from the DHCP server. Been a while since I messed around with this at work.