Login servers down?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Arev, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Arev New Member

Is it just me or is anyone able to get past the login servers?
  2. Lygerr Active Member

US servers are still down, no update on status.

big surprise...

"should we update the status/notes since we're having issues with the patch for our valued paying/loyal customers or have another cup of coffee?"
    "coffee of course!"
  3. Shadrac Well-Known Member

I thought that servers were in the "cloud" now and didn't need to come down anymore.
  4. Lygerr Active Member

where did you hear this?

the patch schedule is one of my only times to play and it has never been worked around.
  5. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Must be another busted patch--first servers showed as low later down but login attempted to find a server. Now its version mismatch stuff
  6. Detor Active Member

Login servers are up now, but you still can't log in. I run the patcher and if I click on settings it says 'All files are up to date', but then when I hit PLAY it says 'Login rejected: The client's version does not match the server's.Please re-run the patcher.' If you run the patcher again it still doesn't patch anything.

If I HAD to guess I'd say they ran into some critical problem this morning with the patch, tried to fix it, failed to find a solution (that's why it's been down so long), tried to revert it, that didn't work either, so now the login servers are either going to have to come down to be reverted again OR they're having to do a quick rush job on trying to fix whatever was going wrong before so they can push out updated files on the patcher.
  7. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Servers show as locked now but still client version probs
  8. Frack New Member

two days a week from 9 to noon, Mon and Tue, I can get uniterupted game time, their schedule sux, and f'ing up the "One Hour" doesn't work for me. Note toe SOE: Make a change and lets do this like Microsoft Defrag and run these on Wed at 1am EST???
  9. Knight Member

im having the same problem, client version mismatch bs ....seems its not just me thank goodness hehe
  10. Korsal New Member

This is so typical. Expect to be an hour to patch what 3 or 4 things they felt needed to be fixed. How does this get past the QA department? Oh wait they don't have a QA department, they have programmers and they patch to see if it blows up... its silly stuff like this that makes folks face palm themselves repeatedly.
  11. Lygerr Active Member

the problem is the updates require a full staff in case of issues, except no one seems to be the intermediary for the customers to say "we're having problems with patch communication, it will probably be another hour before we fix the problem."

of course these updates are first thing in the morning, when most people aren't up to working speed yet.
  12. Teldar New Member

getting same message log in rejected client does not match server?
  13. Kazarr New Member

No update message on the forums, where is the communication? Maybe if they hired more staff...
  14. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

2 days a week from 9 to noon? What servers are you playing on? This is a international game, 1AM is right in the middle of someone else's play time, think globally not locally
    cupit likes this.
  15. Kode New Member

You seem to think anyone over there cares about the customer...
  16. Lygerr Active Member

when the patch time has been the same for the past 8 years, you can bet it cuts into someones play time on a regular basis. there has been no compromise in that time since its inception. a "fair" trade would be moving the update time around every once in a while.
    HypatiaCade likes this.
  17. Mae- Well-Known Member

1am EST? That's only 10pm PST. I'm not alone in still being quite active in the game at that hour. I'm sorry that you only have 6 hours a week to play, and it happens to run against the patch schedule, but why should they change it to suit your playstyle? They've done patches Tuesdays at 7am PST for years now, with an occasional wed after holidays, or Thursday after particularly troublesome updates, so I'm not sure why you're acting all offended that it gets in the way of the only 6 hours a week you can play. THAT is not the fault of the game.
    HypatiaCade likes this.
  18. Trickykell Member

This is just a pain ... they say an hour now we're going onto over 2 hours... showing servers as up... still getting patch error. This was my last day of vacation *sigh*
  19. Pauly Well-Known Member

test server is up. :) come play there during live server downtimes.
  20. Kazarr New Member

Maybe if their patch actually made it onto our computers it would help... Just a thought SOE. (I'm willing to drop my consultancy fee for it).