Over 500K hit in a SOLO ZONE? REALLY?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Sigrdrifa, Feb 24, 2013.

1. GrouchyMouse Active Member

I had a piece drop from Dreadcutter solo for my Paladin that had a red slot, two white, one yellow, just like a raid piece. A guildie has had three pieces drop from other solos with red slots.

It's the Samhain bracers if you look on Pheep's EQ2U profile, 179 str, that's raid level. Underdepths gear is 171-172, Unearthed is 179, AoA has some 179 pieces (chain if I recall right).

I raid in current content and have seen the gear from Underdepths, Unearthed, Altar of Abohorrence, Harrow's End raid instances. The pieces which can drop from the solos are definitely raid gear.
  2. Draylore Well-Known Member

I beg to differ.......lets see.......my current BP, my current Shoulders.....my current hands.....my current legs...all 179 stuff ..I got from AS zones. Same pieces i've seen drop in raids...........so yeah you are wrong.

Sure its all entry level raid stuff but still raid stuff none the less.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

OK, 179 is prior expansion raid gear, but not current 187+. I've run a bunch of solo zones and only seen 160 stat, didn't know higher dropped in there. But since it is freaking super rare it still isn't raid quality loot. You got lucky, good for you.
  4. Lempo Well-Known Member

160 is about 15% of current raid quality, that is more than good enough for solo zones, I solod WE-AS in all HANDCRAFTED or worse gear 132ish stuff on average, no adorns on any of it.
    179 is less than 5% away and it does drop in there, and you KNOW it does drop you have been told over and over in multiple threads you just conveniently forget it so you can continue this 'crusade', of course it could be a huge conspiracy to deceive you.
    Rhita likes this.
  5. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Wasn't 179 the stat level for plate/chain for fighter/scout in UD raid? I know my Coercer's gear was 171.

187 is HE and some of AoA loot from what I recall. 179 is the chain piece my dusted-off-to-raid-again Dirge gained from the trash drops in AoA, her hat and shoulders are 187 and came from HE. But her blade, Ritualistic Sword of Fear Feasting, came from AoA and is 187.

Either way, she's raiding with lower end gear, 160/130 for jewelry, 130's for some of her armour, so I guess you can say that 130 on up is raid worthy.
  6. GrouchyMouse Active Member

But about that hit from Venekor...he squished my Coercer dead because I didn't know the script then. It was my first time thru. It's funny, tho, she was dead but the Inquis merc finished the fight, rezzed, and I still had the quest ding. My Paladin killed Venekor so fast he never had a chance to do his attack. I had taken four toons thru the sig line before I knew what it was: when Venekor does his huge inhale, move out.

The only reason I can think of for the huge squish like a bug damage is for those in raid gear going thru the sig line and steam rolling it all. If it was turned for folks in heroic gear, my Coercer, who's my raid toon, would've probably survived.
  7. Tylia Well-Known Member

Venekor's breath AoE is a frontal cone. If you move in under his belly on the emote, you won't get hit with it. ;)
    Kalderon likes this.
  8. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Got me.... did died couple of times on this, till i notice that one :eek:
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's not that it was hard, it's that it was overkill.

I also object to instance mobs being so huge that you can't even see the whole thing on your screen. This is a function of close horizons and vast mob size. "What did you fight today, honey?" "I dunno, but it had scaley, horny toenails, severe halitosis, and inferior loot."
  10. Zannah Active Member

I didn't even know Venekor had a death touch, but I really hate Baelon. Admittedly, I've only killed him twice (since I find the zone boring), but he always kills me. I know how the fight works, I know where I'm supposed to stand - but nope, he always gets me. Fortunately it doesn't matter since I duo and my tank is more than capable of taking him down by himself. Funny thing is, with the Seer in WBE, we have the opposite problem - I can hide from his AOE no problem, but it always kills the tank at least once in the fight, even if he hides in the exact same spot as me. Seems a bit buggy and unpredictable to me, but as we are currently playing on a pretty lousy connection, our issues could be down to lag rather than the game itself.

I have to say that I hate death touches and fail conditions though, because there is no way of knowing about them the first time you pull, and they don't give you even a chance to learn the script on the fly. You have to pull and die at least once (unless you're able to just own the mob, like we apparently own Venekor). I don't like that. I like figuring out a fight while it's still going on, getting everybody back from death's door and regrouping on the fly, instead of staring at a revive screen wondering wtf just happened. But hey, that's just my personal preference and I suppose fail conditions have their place in the game, too.
  11. Draylore Well-Known Member

I only knew Venekor 'had' a death touch because of the heroic version......just never seen it in the solo version since he is pretty much a one-shot.
  12. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

It's a dragon's breath weapon. That's all the indication you need. Getting hit with it once should be enough to figure it out what it is.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

Totally off subject. You think this is a Deathtouch try getting hit by Vallon HM in his tower... that is a 98 Million Deathtouch if you manage to activate it (how I did I do not know) I just wish that my Perfect Counter Attack went in after absorbing 3 of those babies... god I would have loved to reflect a 294 million point blast on the named.
  14. mague Active Member

Usually i dont like scripts, but this one is easy. He killed me exactly once at my first try. The hide-behind-pillar script in WE is worse because its sometimes not working properly and you stll take damage although hidden.
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

I've honestly not seen this death touch in either solo or heroic, Even boxing the heroic zone, I've not seen it happen. It must be like a min into the fight or something.
  16. Ynnek Well-Known Member

42s? I'll have to time it one day.

But it's a simple no-frills 480k hit. As such, there are any number of things you could have up by coincidence that absorb it. It could easily go into a tank's stoneskin unnoticed, or just take down one charge of bloodletter, or get absorbed by a priest. We're not exactly uber, and we only let him cast it once, I can certainly imagine someone in raid gear outrunning the script entirely.
  17. GrouchyMouse Active Member

You can utterly own Venekor if you have the dps, just kill him outright before he does that large attack. It's about half way in the fight, when he's at 50% or so IIRC. You get the red text of him inhaling and he roots, you can run under him to the back. But not everyone does have the dps, so it's a bit iffy for those not well to moderately geared.
  18. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

It's like once a minute or so. ToS has time to come back up between hits.

And it's not 500k, it's 747k. That's what my stoneskin absorbs.
  19. Erszebeth Active Member

Venekor takes a deep breath!!

big red letters across the screen, means joust behind him, or you die to frontal cone death touch. its about every 45 seconds in the solo or heroic versions, HM or EM in heroic. In heroic it hits around 750K, can be stoneskinned in both EM and HM heroics and in solo, its a physical damage hit.

Baelon just watch for the giant red cone on the ground and get out of it, you have about a minute into the fight before it even happens and it hits for 2mil+, and can be stone skinned, physical damage hit.
  20. Erszebeth Active Member

The stoneskin absorbs damage before mitigation, which is probably why it hit for 500Kish, thats the post mitigation damage.