Things that just dont make sense!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Killobyte, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Killobyte Member

Lately I have come across some things that just don't make sense. It seems to be happening more and more. I have played since launch and I thought, it will always be this way until someone brings it up. So, I am bringing it up. Feel free to add more if you feel like it. The intent of this thread is to bring some of the small nuisances, timesinks or other things you just don't know why they are the way they are. Let me start...

• I recently betrayed from Qeynos to FP. I had to do the same quest over and over about 12 times. I could have chose a different one, but the time difference doesn't warrant it. Wouldn't it make sense to have all 5 quests combined into one timeline and give you the faction required after completing the last quest? The mobs are grey, I really felt as though I was just going through the motions versus being caught up in the lore of a betrayal.

• Drinals Steward Merchant. Why can I not see it on all toons who have purchased the key? Is it really necessary to switch to the toon(s) that have completed the quest to be able to purchase an item, drop it in the shared bank and then relog back to the other toon? On a grander scale, doesn't that create more login activity than is required?

• Why do we not have personal flags to return to a location? Much like the guild flags, but for smaller guilds that cant afford the price and upkeep, they can utilize these?

• Why are guild hall doors not just built into player housing?

• Why are certain decoration items bought the marketplace not usable in a GH? I would love the option to be able to (even purchase if you have to) to be able to place a pool table or poker table in a GH. Arent these social games anyhow?

• Why can you not have more sort options on the broker such as missing collectables or recipe books? I know they are currently greyed out, but why not be able to search by collected and needed? Yes I know you can click on the collection in Profit UI and search. What about the ones not in your books?

This is all I can think of for now, but I will add more as I think of them.

P.S. I love this game. I don't want it to seem like I don't. I would just like to see some of these nuisances either explained or fixed.
  2. Elostirion Well-Known Member

1) You're a hated, notorious person. You have to do drudge work over and over for the new city to take a chance on admitting you.
    2) The key is a later work-around. It doesnt really make sense from the story side, it just makes your game-life easier.
    3) Because the world is small-seeming enough, and there's already enough magical transportation that having another one isnt necessary, imo.
    4) Because not everyone has a guild, and the convenience of having a guild door isnt automatic, you have to buy it?
    5) This one is down to ownership of items that have a RL price to them. The Dev's figured they would be in for fewer petitions of "I spent RL money on stuff and the new evil guild leader took my access away! He stoleded stuff now you fix it!!!" if they didnt let SC stuff go into a guild hall.
    6) You can do that in default UI too. You can sort your collections, and click on members to bring them up in the broker.

In short, it's a 10 year old game that has had a few dozen different dev teams making it over the years. Not everything fits with everything else perfectly.
  3. Terein Active Member

I'll add one, why do Beastlords get an updated level 70 Relic gear set and no one else does?
    Finora likes this.
  4. Mohee Active Member

^^^ THIS!!!

The most messed up part about it, is when beastlords came out, there wasn't a set for them at all. So like 5 beastlords cried to SoE, and so SoE made them a brand new set... in the meantime, not bothering to update everyone elses relic gear. They've known about this for almost a few years now... :mad:
    Terein likes this.
  5. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Oh, SoE could make a epic timeline weapon quest for everyone, not just beastlords..... lucky class i guess ^^
  6. Bolbir Active Member

"Why can you not have more sort options on the broker such as missing collectables or recipe books? I know they are currently greyed out, but why not be able to search by collected and needed? Yes I know you can click on the collection in Profit UI and search. What about the ones not in your books?

I like this idea if you search for shinys and only the ones you are missing showing up.
    Sigrdrifa and Kalderon like this.
  7. Davngr Well-Known Member

pretty sure this has been in game for a long time.

you open the broker window, then open your shiny journal tab and clicky on the shiny you're missing. it will automatically search for that shiny and they will all show up on your broker window.
  8. Prrasha Well-Known Member

He wants to auto-search for every shiny he's missing, all at once, whether he's discovered the quest for it or not, and not show any shinys he's already examined.

That's a huge strain on the database... a broker search for, what, 5000, 10000 specific items? How many tradable shinys does the game have so far? Other searches (Fabled things, things that equip in the ear slot, things with +crit chance) key off database fields that exist. "Shinys Prrasha doesn't have" isn't a database field on the server.

I doubt we'll ever see it. Greying out up to 8 items being displayed on the broker window (which is probably done client-side) doesn't hammer the server. This would.
  9. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

• Why do we not have personal flags to return to a location? Much like the guild flags, but for smaller guilds that cant afford the price and upkeep, they can utilize these?
    Because the flags are a reward for guilds that can afford the price and upkeep.

• Why are guild hall doors not just built into player housing?
    Because GH doors are tied to status and I believe guild rank permissions. Again, something you have to earn the right to (and rather easily in this case. Besides, if they were built into the house then you'd be stuck with wherever the designer decided to stick it.
    Finora likes this.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

why when crafting and you hit every reactive correctly do you still get critical failure. or even failure. there should be no failure if you hit the correct reactive becuase you didn't fail did you.
  11. Rotherian Well-Known Member

People not using an apostrophe when using a contraction (e.g. don't)! :D
  12. Rhiamon New Member

I'll add one....Guild Fuel Depots over having PERSONAL ones....it stinks juggling fuels for 10 toons
    Tylia, Finora and Cyliena like this.
  13. Shanak Member

Why do we get Drinal's head as a trophy after attempting to save him?
    Tylia and Cyliena like this.
  14. Mae- Well-Known Member

I'll add one... that 8 classes remain faction locked while the other 17 are not.
    Karrane, Ruckus, Tylia and 4 others like this.
  15. Mathafern Well-Known Member

A couple nuisances I'm ready to see fixed:
    - Still no "Vend all trash", even though merchant garbage loot is clearly labelled as such in the description. Is it so hard to flag these items so that they can be autosold?
    - Lore and Legend garbage requires people to click through it. This gets really old in zones like the new Chelsith, where every other corpse has L&L on it. Can there not be a group loot option to random distribute L&L which still allows legendary etc to be nbg?
  16. Elostirion Well-Known Member

No to 'vend all trash' because the buyback function isnt perfect. You can get things back out of a harvest box but not back from the vendor all the time. Adding that feature would just be a CS nightmare.

And its Chelsith. Just turn auto-greed on for that zone. You dont want anything there except crushables anyway.
  17. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Vend all trash would be a disaster and it would only bring about more requests for filtering and other options that would eliminate a person's need to think about what they're doing. Even with the no-sell restriction on bags, people will find a way to accidentally sell something they didn't want to.

These should be on the way. They stated early on that they wanted to see how they perform in halls before bringing them to housees.
  18. Gilasil Active Member

• I recently betrayed from Qeynos to FP. I had to do the same quest over and over about 12 times. I could have chose a different one, but the time difference doesn't warrant it. Wouldn't it make sense to have all 5 quests combined into one timeline and give you the faction required after completing the last quest? The mobs are grey, I really felt as though I was just going through the motions versus being caught up in the lore of a betrayal.
    Betrayal was originally intended to be done below level 20. You couldn't betray past that. At 20 the mobs aren't grey at all. In fact the guards are red. If they did a fixed timeline you'd be stuck with it Some people are more comfortable sneaking around a hostile city then others. The way it is now gives people choices -- fast and dangerous or slow and not so dangerous. If you like timed quests you can do those, if you hate them but don't mind sneaking past guards or running around a lot you can do that instead. A fixed timeline would presumably stick all those quests together end to end and you'd be stuck doing all of them. It would not be an improvement.

I almost forgot. There are more then five quests. You pick a TYPE of quest and it picks randomly which one to give you.

But I agree that betrayal shouldn't be a trivial grind past grey mobs. They should make all guards level 100 epics. I have betrayed several characters and I always try to do it in my low 20s because the guards are still red and it's a lot more fun. Not boring at all then.
  19. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Paladin, SK, and Necro make sense to be locked. The rest are all neutral in function and should go either way based on city and diety. Personally I wish diety choice would affect class choice.
  20. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Definitely add Defiler to that list.