Things that just dont make sense!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Killobyte, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Mae- Well-Known Member

I disagree (especilaly with Elostirion's statement about defilers...) because there are already neutral necromancers in the game, in Paineel. Paladins have already gone bad (hello, Lucan!) and SK's... well if they can rationalize assassins, they can rationalize ANYTHING.
  2. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

I keep seeing this response from players but never a red name.. There are house items on the market that can be placed in a guildhall so this is just nonsense. A friend can trustee you to their home and do the same thing. The whole what can go in a guildhall and what can go in a house is based on some whim.
  3. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

These 3 make no more sense than any of the others. If you make the decision to all of a sudden one day change the rules then do it across the board.
  4. Elostirion Well-Known Member

A red name said it first, which is why we parrot it. I personally don't think it makes a great deal of sense either, 'caveat decorator' and all that (and I personally just had a guild hall of stuff carted off and hidden in a house by a joint guild leader). It is based on some whim. But we reported to you the source and basis for that whim, which is the best you can do until one of us is making those calls.
  5. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Really? Why? Mystics deal with Ancestor spirits. Well some ancestors are benevolent and some are malevolent, just like those individuals were in life, and how the Mystic employs those spirits also matters. Mystics could be easily good or evil.

Defilers seek to enslave, debase and degrade spirits, to consume them to fuel their magics. That's evil in a fantasy sense if ever there was occasion to name it. Animating the dead is less evil than corrupting and debasing spiritual beings. But where are the neutral necromancers? I just remember necromancers who aren't bothering to kill you because you arent worth the trouble as long as you're doing drudge work for them. Also Lucan is a SK. Him 'going bad' proves the point because he must have run the betrayal quest sometime in the past 500 years :) And assassins are as easily rationalizable as their choice of targets :p
  6. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

The necromancers in Paineel will deal with you out of necessity, that doesn't make them any less evil. Lucan was a paladin a long time ago. That was taken from him when he left the Knights of Truth, well before he reached his current undead overlord state.

Relative morality cannot exist in an alignment-based gaming system such as D&D or EverQuest.
  7. Mae- Well-Known Member

And yet the members of Qeynos accepted them and the help they gave, didn't they? =P
  8. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Cause $40.
    Fetish likes this.
  9. Ruckus Well-Known Member

This one has my vote in 2013. Free the last 8 classes on PvE servers and let us all be neutral.
    Terein, Fetish and Karrane like this.
  10. Gourdon Well-Known Member

Assassins aren't actually good. They are just good at not letting you know they are assassins. Paladins, Shadowknights and Necromancers all have the problem of being obvious.
  11. Gourdon Well-Known Member

You've apparently never heard of neutral or alignment with tendency like LE(LN). Equating D&D alignment to the childishly simplistic alignment factions of EQ is ridiculous.
  12. Elostirion Well-Known Member

That speaks more to a hypocritical nature of Qeynosians than it does to the Paineel necromancers, no?
  13. Lyin New Member

For anyone that has played since launch would know, there was a very strict class/faction at creation. And you didn't just choose your class you started with a general class choice, then sub-class, and finally specialty (i.e. Priest -> Cleric -> Inquisitor). They have opened it up tons since launch as any MMO does, but you have to make it logical and believable. (Why would a Qeynosian, High Elf be a Shadowknight?)
  14. Mae- Well-Known Member

What better way to know your enemy than to learn your enemy's ways....
  15. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Some way that didnt require you to become your enemy.
  16. Terein Active Member

They've already destroyed the lore, who cares at this point.
  17. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Exactly this. It was done on PvP servers for a reason...balance.

I can pay $25 to move my PvE swashbuckler to the PvP server, betray him to an evil city, remain a swashbuckler in an evil city, pay another $25 to move him back to my original server and....BAM an evil-aligned swashbuckler is born.

Just be done with it already defending the lore, and let us all be neutral. Rangers are evil and assassins are good. Monks are evil and bruisers are good. Templars are evil and inquisitors are good. Yet, the concept of an evil swashbuckler and a good brigand is too far fetched. (Insert list of the other 6 classes that are still not neutral on PvE.)
    Epixz, Mae- and Terein like this.
  18. Mae- Well-Known Member

Why does it have to be "evil" and "good" ugh that's so archaic. The faction split has meant nothing for a LONG time, why restrict us with boring old been-there, done-that faction restrictions. Take the "Any Class, Any Race" one step further and add "Any faction", or even better "no faction". Add NEUTRALITY as a serious option, not an incomplete quest. I should be allowed to be a neutral, accepted member of Qeynos as a Shadow Knight... it may be grudging acceptance with penalties such as higher broker fees if I use the ones in the cities, or higher merchant prices, heck even higher status costs for things like mounts or house vendors, with guards who glare at me and NPC's who talk behind my back. But I should be allowed to be there if I did the work to earn their respect via the betrayal quest.

What surprises me is the roleplayers... why on earth would you want to RESTRICT roleplay options? If I want to be a mystic in Freeport, shouldn't it be my decision on why I am there?
  19. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Why we not move forward, made a epic event, where queynos and freeport got smashed and we all come together in hum.... needs to be invented tho..... there some aged things, some might not make sense anymore.... but why do we need to be equal all the way down? There still some rants if you as queynos or freeport meet some of the opposite faction, sometimes..... (well funny ones sure ^^)
  20. Lyin New Member

Wihle it is true they have destroyed the lore mostly, your comment about who cares at that point is moot. Why then does it matter what race you play as long as you get to play as the class you want? Or what your starting or home city is? At this point in my gameplay since i am not on a RP server I usually play a race that has featherfall since that helps me a lot. It doesn't matter to me which it is (although I usually choose a fairy race since i like to be small and out of thw way when grouping)