Things that just dont make sense!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Killobyte, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Epixz Member

just allow us to play any class we want reguardless of the city...
  2. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

The problem where is this tends to polarize into an all or nothing type of situation

Also, regardless of a multi-tiered alignment system with tendancies such as mentioned, evil is still evil, good is still good, and there are shades in between. There is still no relative morality there.

I think we need to give up on the idea that Qeynos = Good and Freeport = Evil and borrow from cities like Gorowyn and from EQ1.

Look at Qeynos in EQ1. On the surface Qeynos was a fairly nice city. Underneath it was a temple to Bertoxxulous full of necromancers and shadow knights.
  3. Plavem Active Member

If these things you listed are the only things that don't make sense in this game then wow you have nothing to worry about.

What really doesn't make any sense, is useless low level dungeons that forgot to get itemized. The dungeon finder is useless.

Most raid gear is useless on drop because of the adorns.

Running instances is about useless.

Grouping is about useless.

Crafting is just about useless.

I can keep going, but why bother we are all just suckers for sony. They really don't care about their community at all. What they care about is the dollar.
  4. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Essentially what your saying is that playing the game is useless?
  5. Plavem Active Member

Pretty much. Its sloppy and poorly constructed, sad thing is devs know it and do nothing to fix it.
  6. Shanak Member

Just because someone uses dark magic or light magic doesn't mean they're evil or good people :p
  7. Elostirion Well-Known Member

1) You go and do better.

2) Why are you still here?
  8. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Oh, i bet there is a diffrence in those magic. Well.... somehow ^^ But that leads to the point that magic is in general evil :) only the use makes it good or bad ^^
  9. Puckbone Member

My peeves:

1) What has always bothered me is that when you take a griffon ride across the continent, the griffon has to touch the airspace of all the griffon posts between where you are and where you are destined. This is just plain STUPID! I know some will try to justify why this is—the griffon needs visual cues to ensure they are on track, etc., but anything can be justified if you’re willing to go that far in reaching for a thread of continuity (and by now the griffons should know the way in their sleep).

2) Why are there no “Clear” buttons in all filter windows? For example, when using the track window filter when tracking and when you found the NPC, you have to use backspace to clear the window. A “Clear” button would be nice (it’s the little things). Also, when searching using the filter window on the broker, the same thing: backspace to clear the window.
  10. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

With the griffons they originally only went to a limited number of posts and then you basically had to land and catch a new griffon to a new post. SOE basically just eliminated this portion by linking existing paths together, hence the hop from point to point as they are now.
  11. Puckbone Member

I KNOW that’s what they did. I am merely stating that it’s STUPID from an immersive gaming perspective. We, the player game base, asked, a long time ago, for a non-stop route from one griffon tower to any other griffon tower and this is how they did it—in the most lazy, sloppy way possible (sorry if that sounds mean).
  12. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

They did it in the fastest, least time consuming way possible. It's called time management. Balancing working on something that was essentially a non-issue from a gameplay standpoint with the time required to make the change vs. working on something that was actually important. And who knows, there could be additional underlying reasons as to why they didn't add more flight paths. I'm betting on that it simply wasn't worth the time invested.

Besides, walking up a tower and hopping on a griffon and letting it carry you around is fairly cheesy and immersion breaking in and of itself.
  13. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Remember the days, where you have to walk and take the ship and co, most of the time :eek::p
  14. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I honestly don't remember ever having to do much walking in this game. I remember walking to griffon towers and walking to bells and hopping from tower to tower or bell to bell. Hell, we actually move around under our own power so little in this game it's a wonder we aren't all fat like everyone in Wall-E.
  15. Puckbone Member

"I honestly don't remember ever having to do much walking in this game. I remember walking to griffon towers and walking to bells and hopping from tower to tower or bell to bell. "

(How do you post quotes on these forums? Oh well, maybe I’ll learn one of these days)

Anyway, I think I just read where you claimed to be completely new in a different thread. How could you remember never having to do much walking in this game?

Doesn’t matter—you are right about us being fat Wall-E wannabees.

But, as far as it being, “…time management. Balancing working on something that was essentially a non-issue from a game play standpoint with the time required to make the change vs. working on something that was actually important”, if something is important enough for the developers to respond to, isn’t it important enough for them to do it right? And aren’t all the issues in this particular thread “non-issues” anyway to whoever hasn’t thought of them enough to be bothered by them? The two things I mentioned are things that bug me whenever I use them. When I am not on a griffon (or cloud, or horse, or whatever) or am not at the broker, I don’t even think of them. (It’s not like, "Ah! There he is! That elusive [insert name here] that I have been waiting for! Now if only I had a “Clear” key in my filter window, all would be complete!)
  16. Shanak Member

Man I rememember when you actually had to ride a boat.
  17. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Nope, been here since day one.

Yeah they revived an abbreviated version of the EQ1 boat rides for a couple of expansions. Personally I liked it, but I don't remember it being overly popular in general.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

He's a Troll. my rule is don't feed the Trolls that will starve them and maybe they will go away.
  19. Alenna Well-Known Member

you must have not have started playing the game in the beginning with in the first 2 or 3 years. there was a lot of walking before they put the griffon stations in and even after to link yourself to each station. I wan't there at the beginning when there wern't any towers but I do remember having to walk to each tower first in some of the zones.
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

then you know there were no griffon towers at the beginning. there was a world event to build them.