ZONING slow from the character screen and..

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lark, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Lark New Member

I am getting to the character screen and click to log in and it takes forever!!!! Then when I finally zone in, every zone is at least 5 minutes to zone into. Getting very annoying I have tried everything. I cant imagine what happened. I have restored, rebooted, changed everything to lessen the pain and nothing is happening. Deleted files etc Please help.
  2. Talif Augur

Sounds like you have a hard drive dying.
  3. KC13 Augur

I have this problem as well, and it happens on 3 different computers. Therefore it cannot be a failing HD. I've also noticed that it doesn't occur on every server. My Luclin chars are fine, my Tunare chars allow me to read a Russian novel to completion before getting into the game.......
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Is this every zone you enter from character select? I dread when I log out in PoK right now with all the Anniversary decorations up and Guild Lobby because of the Buff Lag Pile. Quad core with 8 GB Ram and an SSD still loads these 2 zones slow - not just from character select. It also takes a bit for the Guild Hall to load because it's an instance if no one is in it before you log in.
  5. Bardy Elder

It take me FORVER(over 5 mins sometimes) on different computers to log in, if I have two accounts already logged in. I have plenty of ram etc. Some characters(seems the ones with lower aa) log in faster than others.
  6. Talif Augur

I mention the failing HD because that is what caused that problem for me on my previous computer. My new one can log in even in GL without problems (some EQ files, too, as I just copied over the directory).
  7. Atali New Member

Same problem. VERY frustrating, and has me ready to smash things up! This issue adds HOURS to quests like "An Epic Request."

I've tried multiple hard drives, multiple wifi adapters... all to no avail. The problem seems most pronounced when zoning into Time or the Void. Also, the Guild Hall. Those three are guaranteed to take 5 minutes, and possibly result in a disconnect.
  8. Talif Augur

Have you tried direct connect vs wifi? Might have a router issue.
  9. Klotar-TSM Lorekeeper

Slow zoning can also be character related. Let me clarify:

A typical main, with say 5000+ AA, max level, max skills, full armour with all augment slots filled, full buffs, pet, etc. will take longer to zone than a naked, level 1 new character; from say, the GL to PoK.

I'm not saying that this is the OP's problem, just that this test is measurable and possibly significant. It can explain why the same character zones slowly on multiple different physical computers; and can also minimize blame on hardware issues (video, HD) and connectivity issues (router, ISP).
  10. Narye Augur

5+ minute zone times suck :(
  11. Leerah Augur