Zoning Separates Group, Mercs from Owners

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by minimind, Jan 27, 2022.

1. minimind The Village Idiot

Server: Luclin

For the last month or so, zoning has included a chance of breaking up my group (player dropped from group) and will sometimes drop a player while their mercenary stays in group.

I'm aware that there's another thread () about a similar situation occurring with people being put in different picks, but this is not occurring with separate picks. Example:

Group consists of:
    • Character A (leader)
    • Merc A
    • Character B
    • Merc B
    Process
    1. Character A and Merc A are in an instanced DoDh zone.
    2. Character B and Merc B are in a non-instance DoDh zone.
    3. Character A and Merc A exit the instanced zone.
    4. Character A is dropped from the group. Everyone else remains in the original group.
    My experience last night shows this happening once out of every three or four run-through.
    I've had this happen a few other times as well, including simply while entering the Guild Hall.
    Mukkul, Aanuvane and Velisaris_MS like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

I've had this happen to my toons on and off for years. Just had it happen for the first time in forever a few days ago. I've never noticed a pattern to it (not that I'm looking for it to happen or testing it).
  3. Aanuvane Augur

My recollection is that it only happens when zoning in and out of instances. I don't recall it ever happening as I go in and out of static zones. On Povar.
  4. Scila Augur

I had it happen the other day going from new Velks to Pok. Back when it used to happen it only happened on my chanty ... same thing the other day. Been a long time since it popped up.