zone ?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Marlon1957, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Marlon1957 Augur

has any one been to deepest guk lately? what is the easiest way into deepest guk?
  2. Aanuvane Augur

Is this a trick question? Isn't "Deepest" Guk part of the South Ro LDONs?
  3. Fendy Augur

4. Stickietoes Augur

I thought it was connected to Karnor's Castle this week?.

(I know I know, not the same :))
  5. Marlon1957 Augur

thanks I will keep trying to get in the zone
  6. Everstorm Augur

Zone or zone not, there is no try. Anyway, like Fendy said they are instanced zones, triggered by talking to ppl at the Wayfarer camp. IIRC one of the zone in points was bugged, I'm not sure if they ever got round to fixing it.
  7. Fendy Augur

Also be aware that LDoN's are group missions. It takes 3 ppl to get in.
  8. Marlon1957 Augur

simple find 2 0ther players pay a ton of plat get in then split and stand and forage for 30 days and leave I just need in the door then I will get what I need the zone level is low to my druid,
  9. Sebbina Augur

LDoN instances are on a timer, something like 90 min max.
    Dumb question why do you want in, maybe if you reveal your goal, some one can suggest an alternative, as there are few reasons to go to Deepest Guk, and non I can think of atm.
  10. Yther Augur

Probably Pal Epic 1.5 or 2.0 foraged item (tradeable). They reduced / removed the lockout timer. I've heard 5 min, but only have gotten one done in 20 before getting another to confirm.

If that's what it is for and you are maxed Forage and AAs, just get someone that doesn't mind a loss (I think all but one of Octavia's Guk losses is from helping Pallies out), you can get one before the 120 min time just foraging at the entrance. Likely to get 2 in a row when you do get one.

You could also just do them and get the wins, if your Adventurer's Stone isn't maxed for Guk, and be an incentive for people to join the group for the free progression.

EDIT: LDoN Expansion Overview might be helpful. And I agree, letting us know what the end goal is allows us to give better responses / suggestions tailored to your need.

Yther Ore.
  11. Marlon1957 Augur

pondweed for swamp temper and the thing you get for going to a zone for the first time my pally is too low to go there my heroic hunters are the ones that gather tradeskill items. and the heroic hunters will be deleted when no longer needed
  12. Stickietoes Augur

:confused:
  13. Marlon1957 Augur

14. Yther Augur

Are you just wanting to make twink gear for a Pally? If so, why not do the Tutorial for starter gear, then Simple level cultural armor. It has nearly the same AC, but better stats. For drakkin See http://everquest.allakhazam.com/search.html?q=simple crystalwing#Items and add in the appropriate Blessed symbol and it's much better: See http://everquest.allakhazam.com/search.html?q=symbol of the brood

The supplies are easier to farm. Also, if you have the coin, you could spend it on bazaar bought twink gear that is much better or just do the Hero's Journey achievements to keep up a current set of defiant-level gear.

Also, if doing LDoNs for the pondweed, kill the mobs as well as foraging, if you can. You'll get more, faster that way. I wouldn't go that way though for gear. It's not that great.

Yther Ore.
  15. Marlon1957 Augur

my brewing and smiting and baking is close to 200 I am building rarely seen old sets for personal collection waiting for the new sets of cultural to arrive I hope that those new sets help with high end solo play , but I made some old iksar cultural and dark elf and other I am making my collection and enjoying this game very much hope I can get in there , Thanks
    Yther likes this.