Zone wide ranom drops - CotF

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Brohan07, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Brohan07 Journeyman

Rof was very good to many of my friends that came back to EQ. In rof tier 3 and 4 I seriously helped out many to get some awesome drops just from random trash mob zone wide items. These are fantastic drops with a slot 3 on them. Really helped me out with catching folks up. Does CotF offer same? I've now done a few heroic missions and xped in the two first zone and other than some cloth hats I have seen none. I am not asking for an easy button just curious id the zone wide drops are no more in CotF.
  2. Gragas Augur

Only seen 25 purity augs myself for zone wide.
  3. Zaxamaphone Augur

Loved the random world drops in RoF. They were/are a great source for gearing up alts/catching up toons/making some plat.

Apparently SOE jettisoned this great idea the players loved in Cotf... purity augs only. Blargh.
  4. Sokon Augur

RoF was one of the best expansions ever. They built a ton of replay value into the expac with upgrades to clickies, purity augs, and power sources, some of which had seen no upgrades for 15 expansions. There was also a large amount of content. I doubt we see another expansion as good as RoF was while SOE's focus is on yet another franchise derivative.

But yes, the zonewide random drops were nice. I would just use them for 7-8 k tribute loot a pop and could almost find enough while moloing with tribute on to be sustainable. Obviously those drops were good for other reasons too but just another thing that made RoF great!