zone music

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by dinozo_povar, Feb 26, 2015.

1. dinozo_povar Journeyman

Playing in older zones, you may visit locales where the music changes. One of my favorite experiences is finding some safe spot where there's old-world music and some cool ambient like crackling fires or howling tunnel wind.

E.g. who doesn't love the Othmir music?

Seems like an easy way to induce nostalgia and/or immersion. Use the same old midi tunes for all i care.

-Dino
    Nniki and Norathorr like this.
  2. Rainbowdash Augur

They've done this in Sunrise, and with old MIDIs too, so it's definitely possible. Would be neats!

What I'd like is for them to fix some broken ones. Plane of sky hasn't played it's ambient music in many many years, and it was one of the best ambient midis in EQ :(. Be neat if they got the Luclin ambient midis working too. Look up the Shar Vahl 'theme' on Youtube, it's kinda cool. Been broken since release and never heard in-game :(. In fact pretty sure Grieg's End is the only Luclin zone who's ambient music has ever worked.

Also, I'm probably alone in this, but I kinda wish the boat/swimming/sneaking music was brought back and it had an on/off toggle put in in a similar fashion to the combat themes.
    Nniki and Norathorr like this.
  3. Norathorr Augur

Yeah the old atmospheric music really added something for me. I loved traveling through a huge open zone only for some music to start out of nowhere. It really added to immersion. Music around the bard guild in Qeynos was one of my favorites or the SK/Necro guild in Nerriak. I never heard any of that Luclin music before apart from Greigs. The one for the Grey is beautiful and the Sanctus Seru one I liked alot also.
  4. roguerunner Augur

I could listen to Ak`Anon, DSK, and Arx Mentis' music for a long time