Zland burn after Feb patch, pets, and lag.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Windance Augur

I play on Bertox which is a pretty low population server, so lag normally isn't a huge issue.

We've been going with the straight up burn Zland down fast to get past the pipers and usually end up with 2-3 draco's by the time we're got the boss to 5% and the script ends.

Since the patch a couple people have noticed that burn phase is less laggy.

Last night we decided to take it one step further and ran with out using swarm pets ( except mages ) and several people said they noticed significantly less lag when casting spells.

The flip side of less lag .... instead of the piper getting stuck and not moving, he actually continued walking up to the entrance and we got rats spawning just before we completed the script.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Swarm pets bad!!!

They need converted to something better for those classes that will give the same dps or slightly better with little system disruption.

Your guild never noticed when they all suddenly pop their swarm pets on a burn their is instantly more lag? Not to mention they clutter up the extended target window making life more difficult when looking for spawns.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Maybe dont click all swarm at the same instant?
    Chain Swarm Pets
    /rs Pets out - Oooglu your next
    :p
  4. Warpeace Augur

lol, right like any competitive dps player is going to wait .001 sec to pop theirs:p. Even if it only gives 1 dps for the event.
    Windance likes this.
  5. Riou EQResource

"bertox low pop"

it is the 2nd highest pop live normal server
  6. strongbus Augur

it might be but the raiding pop is small. we got 3 main raiding guilds and 1 open raid setup guild. and its a pita to even get new members for the raiding guilds.
  7. Windance Augur

Bertox has:

Two prime US time raiding guilds.
    One euro time raiding guild.
    One pick up weekend raiding alliance.

At most we might two guilds running raids at the same time.

Some how I don't think we're anywhere near the 2nd highest populated live server ...
  8. Riou EQResource

It is the 5th highest pop server overall, Bristlebane is the only live "normal" server ahead of it

Firiona (free trade) >
    bristle (normal) >
    rizlona (box TLP) >
    mangler (TLP) >
    bertox (normal)
  9. ArtremasEQ Augur

+ One Australian time raiding guild (Wreckers, I think the only one left in that TZ)
  10. Windance Augur

I counted wreckers as the one euro time zone.

11. Cadman Elder

o_O
    Would you like to borrow my Globe?
    KrakenReality likes this.
  12. ArtremasEQ Augur

KrakenReality likes this.
  13. smash Augur

Some moved Australia to Europa ?
  14. ArtremasEQ Augur

Australia, Austria. sort of close right.....
  15. smash Augur

heh
  16. ArtremasEQ Augur

Terra Australis Incognita

This is not the continent you are looking for. 'waves hand'....
  17. michahs1 New Member

i mean we're on selo doing this, and there are maybe 60 total characters on the server, and the dz's still lag all to hell during burns. your individual servers pop is not a part of the equation
  18. Windance Augur

Do many guilds ban swarm pets when burning?

Do many guilds promote using swarm pets when attempting to lag events and get 'easy' wins by avoiding the mechanics?
    Qimble likes this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Did we used to have this much lag before they introduced all the trash to the zones for augs?

I don't remember much lag back then, but then AB sees different problems to US servers.
    Svann2 likes this.
  20. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

There's spell-based swarm pets, and there's AA-based swarm pets.

AA-based should just go away or become a nuke. They aren't worth the DPS lost to lag.
    Ezbro likes this.