Zero mercs are too many

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by BDHeath, Sep 22, 2022.

1. BDHeath New Member

I went to hire a merc so I dismissed one. When I attempted to hire one it said I had too many and I must dismiss one. I have now fired ALL of my mercs and if I try to dismiss anymore it will tell me I don't have a merc to dismiss. I try to hire one and it says I have too many and must dismiss one before I hire another. I have no mercenaries and I cannot hire one because they somehow see me as full.
    Duder and Stymie like this.
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

If you show zero mercs, but still have a merc window, you, at least as far as your layout is concerned do. Unsuspend / dismiss / rinse and repeat until the merc window disappears entirely - Use alt o / keys tab / UI on the context menu pulldown / mercenary window toggle - has no default toggle- Add a keystroke and hit the key. If window refuses to populate, you are now officially mercless.

This often happens with a /copylayout of any other character with mercenaries. Using the fillbox for copy socials imports social keys from merc toggles and breaks the recieving character's merc status.
    Duder, Wulfhere and code-zero like this.
  3. BDHeath New Member

THAT WORKED! Thank you!
    Duder likes this.
  4. tanknit Journeyman

this happened to me i had to open the merc hiring npc window then fire the invisible non existing merc and spam hire and boom i have a working merc again
    Duder likes this.