Zerkers in group content.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by tnot, Feb 24, 2018.

1. tnot Elder

Played with one today that was doing about 400kdps. By himself. For over an hour.

Maybe it was the style of play and relatively short-lived life of the mobs in a High DPS group. We had 1 fight about every 40 seconds, average fight about 12-15 seconds, I'm not familiar with the class, perhaps they burst well and have abilities that don't scale well in faster pulling or longer fight situations? but this sort of shocked me.

How are zerkers sustaining 2-3x what other dps classes are in a group situation?

I'm not making any inference about class balance, I'm just genuinely curious how this was achieved and I'd like to know more about the class.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

For something more realistic, why not just hit your Dicho only during the fight and talk about that?

You need constant mobs... all the time for any realistic parse.
    Brohg likes this.
  3. tnot Elder

There's nothing ambiguous about the parses. He did 400kdps+ on every mob, about 75 of them.

Are you suggesting if he didnt have the 15 -20 seconds between fights he couldnt sustain that? Because that's kind of what I'm inquiring about.

But the parsing is perfectly accurate as described, which is why I described the situation , length of fights, and pull rate.

Average mob lvl 110.
  4. Daedly Augur

1 fight every 40 seconds that only lasts about 15seconds. I think that explains it all...

A melee hits all his abilities at the start of every fight and they will have refreshed by the time the next mob gets there. So the faster a mob does, the higher the DPS looks.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Yeah, that's very easy to do when the fights are very short and Dicho is used in every fight. Nothing to see here.. now pull multiple mobs at once and keep it up for as long as you can (until people need to med), then do it again... for an hour. Then take a look at the parse. It will tell a different story.
    kizant likes this.
  6. Cicelee Augur

You spent 15 seconds out of 40 seconds fighting a mob. Which is about 37.5% of the time. Extrapolate that to an hour, that is 22.5 minutes per 60 minutes that the zerker was attacking a mob.

I would venture yes, if a zerker can cherry pick and plan ahead to only fight 22.5 minutes out of a possible 60, then they can do 400k DPS.

The real question, of course, is can a zerker do 400k for 60 minutes over the course of 60 minutes? By himself? I venture no...
  7. Tucoh Augur

^^^

DoTing classes work best against single mobs that take forever to kill. (or against multiple mobs if they can live long enough)
    Nuke-based classes work best against a steady stream of mobs.
    Melee classes, especially berserkers, work best against mobs that come in every ~50s and don't take that long to kill.

That's one reason why when you stack a bunch of melee together they'll dramatically increase in parsed DPS, because they're able to kill a mob via their "alpha strike" of their initial abilities.

It's also why when I try to measure how good I'm actually doing, I measure how much total damage I do over a period of time. Or for a more realistic measurement if I'm farming mobs, how many named mobs I'm able to keep on lock down. The latter measurement takes into account my group's ability to sustain itself, move around and pull mobs, vs just the pure aspect of killing mobs.

That being said, berserkers should generally be the #1 DPS, but not 2-3x other high DPS members. Unless the group is literally killing each mob by the time the zerker finishes hitting all his abilities (which can happen), they're probably doing something wrong.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  8. mmats Augur

Any chance you can upload the full parse somewhere for us to see? What was the group makeup? Is this a raid geared berserker?

Despite what others have said, I dont believe any other class can maintain that type of dps for ~75 mobs over the course of an hour. Actually having a hard time believing its possible, but if it is then it may be the final push I need to roll a new alt ;)
  9. Daedly Augur

You said they did this by themselves. Then you said we and group. This is confusing.
  10. Cicelee Augur

Probably meant the berserker was not receiving any ADPS from any classes, and thus the damage they did was purely from themself.

Like as a magician, I benefit from a druid and an enchanter in a group. I get little to no support if I am with a warrior or a rogue as far as my DPS goes, hence me doing the damage "by myself"...
  11. Quatr Augur

I hope you realize that zerker DPS will be nerfed the day you finish leveling and gearing up the alt. It's one of the fundamental laws of the universe! :)
  12. mmats Augur

I think he was just trying to point out that the 400k wasnt the group total dps, it was the berserker personal dps... (with adps support)

I know but hopefully it will still be much better than the rogue whos spot he will be taking :p
  13. Kolani Augur

As much as I'm not a fan of how berserkers were created, I have massive respect for the berserker class as a whole. I've never seen a berserker asking for preposterous things like in-city tracking, mezzes or lulls like other pure melee classes have in the past, and they're better for it. They're DPS, they know they're DPS, and they ask for DPS instead of asking for utility that gives devs excuses to take away from their DPS.
  14. Brohg Augur

selective memory, Kolani. How many literal actual pixels the weapon encompasses on player screens has been on official berserker class issues lists. It ranked higher than multiple dps-facing matters
  15. Kolani Augur

Brohg, at least it's not them stretching lore to argue that they should be able to track inside cities like rogues did once, or the monk's lulls and mezzes that stagnated their dps.