Zerker group gear/dps

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Faelim, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Faelim Lorekeeper

Right now I bot a 100 paladin/99 bard. Thinking of leveling my 87 zerker to 105 w/ my bard box. How do they fair with just group gear on dps in group situations? Not looking to be top dps, but just want to be "decent." More so looking on sustained. I know burns are decent.
  2. Fenudir Augur

It depends if you're going to be focused on them or not. If you are, it'll be fair. If you're going to leave it on auto attack for a good portion of the time, you're better off with pretty much any other melee class. Zerker sustained is one of the longest running jokes in EQ.
    Faelim likes this.
  3. sojero One hit wonder

With just a bard and my zerker (level 100), and I'm concentrating on zerker, with cotf group gear, I sustain about 19k dps over a 20 minute time. That is using discs and AA on cool downs, and only leaving my main burn hot key alone for if we get a big pull that we need down asap.

I don't think I am using my discs and aa wisely most the time, and still working on that, so there is room for improvement.

With my burn the other day on a named in HA, with just bard, I did 42k dps, I can't remember the time length, but that was my best burn yet, so its still fresh for me. I wish I could get a group with a bst, bard, ranger, and shm and could coordinate the burn and see what happened.
    Faelim likes this.
  4. Faelim Lorekeeper

Thanks all!
  5. Wiji Elder

Outside of decap, I think rogue or monk would be better for sustain/grinding/camping if you wanted to go melee. It is not hard to Pl a new class to where your zerker is. Although zerkers are not horrible so you can definitely have fun using it, you just don't come across situations where they are optimal that often. Getting epic should help a little bit of your sustain.