Zerg guild

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ElaidaTL, Jan 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaclav Augur

Batphones these days aren't actual phone trees anymore - so they go out on blast to everyone. They don't know if they're getting 20 people or 100 people until people start logging in...

Phone trees were better that way in the old days - since you could make sure it wasn't overkill - but they're far slower than tweeting/etc.
  2. BigDog Elder

One of these days you can leave the porch and run with me.
  3. bodes Augur

You did say it was numbers heavy and I glossed over that, so fair point.

At least we finally agree that the heavy numbers open world game is indeed a "zerg" option. No screenshot of an instance kill (the original post here) can refute that.
  4. Vaclav Augur

It's not a "zerg option" exclusively though - it's also really the only winning option. If you don't have overwhelming numbers, someone else will - and they'll be top dog of open world instead.

It's like the whole Mutually Assured Destruction principle - no one really wants to do it - everyone would love a nice lean roster. But the minute someone has X size, you need X+1 to maintain an advantage in open world - which leads to an endless cycle until one side gives up/runs out of people to draw upon - and then one primary force is established as a result, with tiering forming below them, generally in size order.

Roster size is a HUGE factor right now and won't diminish until into 2017.
  5. Batbener Augur

First, zerging is a tactic. If it wins, then it, by definition, is the correct tactic.

OP, while some may question your or your guild's skill level, most people that know the game do not. Most accusations by people calling you a zerg guild are either about open world mechanics through you, or are trying to knock AOS lemming # 207 down a peg or three. My advice to you is take the high road, and for God's sake stay away from the forums. If you are looking for 100% approval from the internet, you are going to be perpetually disappointed.
  6. Barathrum Augur

I am so Psychotic and SO ENRAGED THAT THEY WOULD DARE CALL MY GUILD THE GREATEST TLP GUILD EVER (AOS / TL) A ZERG GUILD!!! ILL SHOW THOSE CASUAL SCUM DOGS WILL GET THE BEST ENCHANTERS AND POSSIBLE GROUPS AND MURDER VOX WITH 27-29!!!! NOW I AM GOING TO THE FORUMS!!!!! ATTENTION WURMS ALL THIS TALK THAT MY GUILD MY GODLY AMAZING SUPER POWER KNOWN AS THE GODS OF THE SERVER AOS OR TL!!! WE ARE NOT A ZERG GUILD LOOK AT MY COOL SCREEN SHOT YEA YEA WE TOOK VOX DOWN WITH LESS THEN 30!!!! DON'T YOU GUYS THINK WERE SUPER GOOD AND COOL AT THE GAME NOW??? I MEAN COME ON BRAH WHY DON'T YOU GET 27-29 PEOPLE!!!!. LOOK MY EGO COULD NOT ALLOW MY SUPER GUILD OF SUPER AMAZING PLAYERS BE CALLED A ZERG I WILL NOT BE INSULTED!!!!!!!! I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS ILL SHOW EVERYONE HOW SUPER AWESOME I AM WITH A POST AND A MEGA THREAD SHOWING OF MY GUILD!!!!

I AM THE COOLEST PERSON EVER #GLOF**AOS***

I WIN THE THREAD NO ONE ELSE NEEDS TO POST! #Winner
  7. yerm Augur

That awkward moment when you think you're trendy and funny but nobody's going to read your bad caps lock joke.
    Malbolshia, Qelyn and ElaidaTL like this.
  8. Risiko Augur

Honestly, nobody that matters would even care if someone called your guild zerg. You didn't have to prove them wrong in the first place because who cares if they call you a zerg guild. Ignore them.

But, since you did go ahead and post proof of your skill, I say again, congratulations.

Haters are going to hate. Trolls are going to troll. And, the people that matter to you are going to keep on doing what they do and not care what others think.
  9. derpinscotch Elder

Interesting... in all the back and forth, the one thing no one came to defend... claims that Elaida does not actually take care of bad apples in AoS. Not a single person has come out to defend Elaida on that.
  10. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

This thread is turning out way better than I thought it could.
  11. yerm Augur

If you say so!

12. Vaclav Augur

It definitely has come across as a concern to their leadership in my discussions with them - but at the same time - requiring a ton of bodies to make sure they win in open-world ties his hands to a degree.

If you have nothing but nice guys, you're probably going to have half the numbers and less motivated to do anything to win. =/

Kind of a rock and a hard place.
  13. Tudadar Augur

Anyone have actual numbers to go along with the accusations? How many people have they had for contested highend raid targets?
  14. -wycca Augur

We saved them from wiping to zone trash with that engage. There were like 30 adds and their raid was mostly dead. Although a MIM druid didn't appreciate it and kept breaking charms on purpose.
  15. BigDog Elder

On a scale of 1 to 10, how bad is the hurt in your butt?
  16. Finley Augur

We did not team up for or ever pull CT in the open world zone, it was merely discussed. Most of Pixel Pirates's raid got ported to middle of the zone (0,0 I think?) from bugged Turmoil Toad fears and died.
  17. Silvara Elder

Stop acting as if every other guild is some beacon of hope and purity, I've had bad experiences with just about every guild on this server. Been bullied out of camps by PP, MiM, OGC, etc. AoS gets the most attention because of their position and notoriety on the server. Plus, I'd venture a guess to say that the ones complaining the loudest are just as guilty of training/stealing camps. tends to stick together, afterall.
  18. Asheran Augur

This stuff is entertaining from the outside looking in. I was very involved on Lockjaw, but don't play enough to care anymore.

However, in the past I've played in big, zerg guilds, and smaller guilds that actually had to develop legitimate strategies to win. I can say that it felt much better, and was more fun, playing in the smaller guilds.

Of course, the guilds that zerg can eventually do content with fewer players than even the smaller guilds. When you have a much larger amount of gear dropping, you end up with a portion of your raid force being extremely well geared. That is usually tanks, followed by healers and the top dps classes...and it makes everything much, much easier.

Either way, whatever makes you happy, or lets you feel accomplished, is fine. Congratulations. You do you.
  19. Tubolub New Member

I mean they let me in....
  20. ElaidaTL Augur

The people that matter and have had more than a 30 sec conversation with me understand my thoughts on the subject of disciplining mine. I dont think the behavior is exclusive to my guild and I wont react heavy handed just because someone ive never spoken to and never heard of prior makes some claim. How many of you guild leaders or officers would boot someone because you were told by an outsider they trained or ks'ed? Ok now all of you who said yes, shame on you. You owe your members more loyalty then that.

I did say react heavy handed btw. Just because if/when/how they were handled isnt privy to you doesnt mean they got off scott free.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.