z-axis bug? Location quest updates not registering..

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Skuz, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Server: Phinigel TLP
    Zone: Erudin Burning

I was working through some House of Thule Progression in Erudin Burning on some alts tonight & noticed something odd, when doing the quests that demand you check certain locations I was not getting updates as expected, I moved around a fair bit to try & detect the update but wasn't getting it, I tried logging out then back in, re-shrank, still no joy.

I checked both my Brewall Map files & Goodurden Map files to ensure I was running around near to the right spot (Armory - East of the Temple of Light), I then tried zooming in the map view & using walk mode to get as close as possible to the spot marked the same on both, I was 3 boxing and the gnome Mage who was mounted got an update, the Mounted & shrunk Dark Elf Enchanter didn't & neither was my non-mounted shrunk Iksar Warrior, thinking it was odd I mounted up on the spot & voila, I got an update, I changed size on the Dark Elf Enchanter by using a human illusion & bam, they got it then too..

Deeper in the progression I needed to enter the former Deepwater Knight HQ, ran into the same issue with update at that location not happening, this time mounting up was not enough on my shrunk Iksar Warrior & illusion human was required before the update would register, and at this spot the gnome did not update either, human illusion was required on her too.

So I think a bug has crept into this zone causing an issue with z-axis so that small or max shrunk characters were not getting location updates.