Yunjo Resistance Faction

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by japettle, Aug 21, 2014.

1. japettle New Member

I'm working on the BiC quest and am trying to get through the Riwwi section which requires Yunjo Reistance Faction. So I did the abysmal Sea Freebie quests to do tradeskills and made about 120 Taelosian Teas. I've tried handing these in to 'a thirsting Yunjo' and all they ever do is hand them right back. I've tried various different hand in combos, other characters, using the staff for faction etc. Nothing works. What am I missing? From what I've read online and talking to a couple folks it seems to be pretty simple - make tea, hand in tea, receive faction hits.
    Thanks!
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

According to the write up at Alla's, you need to ask them what they want.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2870

Also, reading the comments below the write up offer some hints.

Good luck.
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

whats your faction with them
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/faction.html?faction=379

You need to attain high kindly faction standing with the Yunjo Resistance to talk to the two slaves. The Taelosian Morphemic Staff (grants positive faction to Nihil and Yunjo Resistance) can go a long way toward helping you along here.

are you invised? floating? in illuision mode?

You might need talk to him 1st?

see step
    37) FACTION: Faction will now become a concern again.

http://www.bonzz.com/bic.htm

Good luck
  4. japettle New Member

Thank you for the responses.

I've read through everything regarding the required faction and how to get it, in order to complete this step of the BiC.

I understand the simplest way to get Yunjo Slave Resistance faction is by handing in Taelosian based food and drink. The most common substance being Taelosian Tea. I've made over 100 of these in order to do the turn ins. I've made sure to hail 'a thirsting Yunjo' who's reply has something to do with being thirsty ... need to drink tea... yada yada. I hand them the tea and they hand it right back to me. Based on what I've read I'm doing everything correctly.

Anyone else have any suggestions? Or have had trouble doing these turn-ins?
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

i edied my reaponce a couple of time.

so what is your /con with the slaves? are you
    You need to attain high kindly faction standing with the Yunjo Resistance to talk to the two slaves.

do a con on all 4 of them they might be different levels.
  6. japettle New Member

My base faction with the slaves is apprehensive, and with the staff equipped it jumps up to low kindly.

The two slaves that you need to talk to will only talk to you with high kindly faction, this is true. But as far as I understand it, the slaves that require food or dink ... 'thirsting', 'starving' etc. will accept food and drink regardless of high how your faction is. In fact, based on what I'm reading that's what the recommendation is in order to raise faction in order to speak to the 2 slaves. You raise Yunjo Slave Resistance faction easier by turning in food or drink to the particular NPC that asks for it when you hail them. The only alternative is to kill mobs that give you positive faction gains, which will take a long time because there aren't many of them.

So to come back to the original problem: when I hand in the Taelosian Tea to the NPC that specifically asks for it they hand it back. I've tried it with the staff equipped, in illusion form, and invised, with agro without agro. I've tried it with my other accounts too, and it won't work.

The only two options I haven't tried thus far are 1) getting a higher skill in brewing and 2) trying the food options.

Have you had experience with this quest CrazyLarth?
  7. Prathun Developer

As mentioned above by japettle, you don't need any particular level of faction with the Yunjo Slave Resistance to gain faction from helping the hungry / thirsty Yunjos. The thirsting Yunjo should accept any of the following tradeskilled Taelosian Tea items.

58687 Taelosian White Tea
    58688 Taelosian White Mint Tea
    58689 Taelosian White Ginseng Tea
    58690 Taelosian Green Tea
    58691 Taelosian Green Mint Tea
    58692 Taelosian Green Ginseng Tea
    58693 Taelosian Black Tea
    58694 Taelosian Black Mint Tea
    58695 Taelosian Black Ginseng Tea
    58696 Taelosian White Mountain Tea
    58697 Taelosian White Mountain Mint Tea
    58698 Taelosian White Mountain Ginseng Tea
    58699 Taelosian Green Mountain Tea
    58700 Taelosian Green Mountain Mint Tea
    58701 Taelosian Green Mountain Ginseng Tea
    58702 Taelosian Black Mountain Tea
    58703 Taelosian Black Mountain Mint Tea
    58704 Taelosian Black Mountain Ginseng Tea

I looked at the script and also tested this myself and it worked OK. What item(s) are you handing the thirsting Yunjo?
    Crystilla, feiddan and Iila like this.
  8. Lighteningrod Augur

The easiest way to get this faction is put this step on hold for the time being and continue on collecting the random zone drops. By the time you get to the raid drops for BiC 11 (iirc?), you'll have enough faction from killing and zone slaughtering to complete this step, plus all the items to turn in for many more steps.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It sounds like they are handing in the bland tea instead of flavored teas like you have in the list, and that is the issue.
  10. Axem the Great Journeyman

I had the same problem when I did this about a year ago. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why the regular tea wouldn't work, but then I realized I needed something above the bland tea (see list above). I'm sure you're experiencing the same thing. :)
  11. Axxius Augur

The members of La Résistance J'unjeaux will not drink your bland 'regular' tea! They would rather go thirsty.

And don't you dare to approach the hungry/starved/famished/emaciated ones with the wrong type of seafood! If they want crab meat - it better be crab meat, or they'll slap you across the face with that tuna.

[IMG]

Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  12. japettle New Member

Ugh! I had no idea they needed the fancy tea ... well I've killed enough mobs that I probably don't need to do too many turn ins now. Who knew thirsty slaves had such fine taste in tea!
    Thank you for the info Prathun.

Josh
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Cheers for working on that epic quest!