Your target is too far away

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by CackeyRot, Feb 11, 2022.

1. CackeyRot New Member

Was something done that affects melee range, or pushback from attack?
    I play a froglok shadowknight. If I pull say 1 or 2 mobs, life is happy and everything works like I expect. If I pull say 5 - 8 mobs (far from a swarm, I can't do that) that's when I notice everything go haywire.

I seem to have to stand INSIDE the mob to land a hit, which doesn't work well either. All this leads to me doing no damage, so no healing, and dying.

I've tried many zones, I'm using a 2hp weapon, Reticent Gar, so it should have as good as melee range as possible. Clearly I'm still being attacked by creatures so I'm not that far away.

Just checking as I feel like this is a bug.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. CackeyRot New Member

Adding to...

Anything affecting my height seems to make the issue worse. Such as, having levitate on, being on my horse, etc. If I'm on my horse, I may not even hit a single target as much as I think I should.
    Svann2 likes this.
  3. Warpeace Augur

I have notice it seems a bit buggy when neither me or the mob moves. My trigger will go off for the mob either being out of range, cant see them and were standing toe to toe, neither of us has moved.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've had target not in range messages but also dealt damage. There is something up with it. Bats seem to be the worse.

This is on my rogue.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Probably some of your attacks have a slightly different range than others.
  6. Knifen Augur

This expansion and last expansion got so bad for me I had to make a gina trigger for anytime my
    -you can not see your target
    -your target is too far way.

I noticed at times lev plays an issue, others its minor bumps in the environment that mobs path up and over on while fighting. It could be diff attacks but as a rogue I am normally right at the mob, face to back so anything I have should hit the mob.
    Wdor, Yinla, Warpeace and 1 other person like this.
  7. Angahran Augur

One of the issues is it appears that many mobs have an attack range (the distance THEY can hit YOU from) much larger than their hit box (the range YOU can hit THEM from), so when you pull they stop at the max distance they can hit you which is outside the distance for you to hit them.
    Warpeace likes this.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

Hitboxes don't match up to the model. If you are inside the mobs hitbox then you get the cannot see your target.
  9. CackeyRot New Member

There might be multiple issues. Mine I kind of think leans towards pushback got cranked up somewhere, since it does get worse with more mobs.

Following someone's suggestion/thought I did notice if I strafe constantly, I don't seem to have the issue as much (beyond that much strafing causes its own issues).

I'd been mostly hunting in HoT zones. I went back to SoD and cleared Korfax, I don't think the issue was as bad there. Even though I didn't "have" to, I still kept pulls to 8 or less and didn't have to fiddle around with strafing all that much.