YOUR AUTOMATIC SPAM FILTER IS DUMB

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hypera, May 31, 2015.

1. Hypera New Member

I am literally in mid conversation with friends and in magician channel and all of the sudden I can't send tells nor do people respond to me. Everything shows up as (SPAM) in chat. I do not spam anything, I talk alot to people, give advice in mage channel, and when I am in WFP/Commonlands I do my WTS&WTB lists.
    This system is complete garbage. Why would you allow trolls/random people to be able to lock you out of communication from the game. How horrible of a system you have implemented. Anyone who doesn't wanna hear you can /ignore. Instead you give these the power to over the biggest aspect of the game (being social) from you. I am so pissed that I left my group and logged off. I can't talk to no one or my new friends that I have meet in EQ.
    Thanks Daybreak for your dumb system.
    I just thought that maybe because my prices were lower on my mage spells then another he might have marked me as spam. Wow amazing system really doing work on players over.

Also I know what spam is and I don't do it. When I auction I wait at least 5-10 minutes between my auctions.

TLDR; Spam filter is a horrible system to implement. It gives powers to /trolls to lock you out. People can /ignore if they don't wanna see what youre saying.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It is not an automatic spam filter. Players have to mark you as spam as far as I know. Players are being idiots is what it boils down to.
  3. Hypera New Member

I mean it's automatic in the sense it locks you out just because a few trolls decide to report you.
  4. Diptera Augur

Which channel do you use for your WTS? If it's not /auc, I can see why people would tag you as spam. /shrug
  5. Julio New Member

You have NO IDEA what you are talking about. If you're not a new account owner dealing with this right now you really have no room to even comment because you just add to the ignorance of the problem.