"you have been poisoned" messages???

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by droolrockworm, May 7, 2022.

1. droolrockworm New Member

Can anyone make these messages come out anymore or have they been removed?

I tried on two accounts, nothing filtered.. to let a snake that casts "Poison" hit me until the message. I do get poisoned, but the only messages that come out are the tick based damage.

Have the messages just been removed? A new bug?

1. [COLOR=var(--text-normal)][Sat May 07 09:32:13 2022] A giant rattlesnake bites YOU for 5 points of damage. [Sat May 07 09:32:14 2022] A giant rattlesnake bashes YOU for 1 point of damage. [Sat May 07 09:32:16 2022] A giant rattlesnake tries to bite YOU, but misses! [Sat May 07 09:32:19 2022] A giant rattlesnake tries to bite YOU, but misses! [Sat May 07 09:32:22 2022] A giant rattlesnake tries to bite YOU, but misses! [Sat May 07 09:32:22 2022] A giant rattlesnake bites YOU for 5 points of damage. [Sat May 07 09:32:22 2022] A giant rattlesnake bites YOU for 12 points of damage. [Sat May 07 09:32:22 2022] A giant rattlesnake tries to bash YOU, but misses! [Sat May 07 09:32:24 2022] You slow down. [Sat May 07 09:32:24 2022] You have taken 10 damage from Poison by a giant rattlesnake.[/COLOR]
  2. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

That text is the "Cast on you" text

In Options -> Chat make sure "Spell Emotes" and "Others Spells" are on (pretty sure it is emotes)
    In chat window Filters -> Spells -> "Spell Emotes"

Beyond that, not sure what to tell you.
  3. Chikkin Augur

When talking about being poisoned, are we referring to the game or some of the hate in these forums? haha! (Sorry I laugh at my own jokes.)
    Kaenneth likes this.
  4. GNOME_POWER Augur

There was an emote when the spell from the high-pass orc landed.
    [IMG]
  5. Iven the Lunatic

Adding an audio trigger for "You have been poisoned" does also help.
    Wdor and Nennius like this.
  6. Annastasya Augur

On your UI, setting your Buff and Song windows somewhere prominent, and making a habit of keeping it in your peripheral vision, noticing when you have things there that you should not have, (typically debuffs and dots are colored very differently from buffs, and have dark or red borders) is an easy way to keep track of such things.

This is coming from a career member of the Buff Police though, so take that as you will.