You do not own The Burning Lands

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

EQ (DBG) has plenty of resources to put into EQ as we've learned from their buyout documents from EG7, they continually choose not to so there's no reason to assume giving them more money is going to change that.

TLP launches generate tremendous money for them but they are so tight they only hired temporary GMs for 6 months.
  2. Pikollo Augur

I send them $30 a month to play on Selo. Isn't that basically support? With the odd purchase of DBC that I've done.

This is basically true. The main thing is if I had known TBL would not be open to us for free I would have bought the expansion a month ago and played around in beta or got pre-order bonuses (if there were any). Either way yes i'll be getting CoV to finish the run but had planned to buy it in January when my bank account stopped yelling at me for the xmas gifts I bought.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

Yeah, it creates a much bigger urgency for me to grab the tradeable version now
  4. Machen New Member

The company literally just posted that EQ is its most profitable game. If EQ has no resources to do anything at this point, it is a due to a massive mismanagement. But fortunately they seem to understand that and are looking to hire additional people with the resources they now have.
  5. Machen New Member

Great customer service staff hampered by terrible customer service policies never bring about success.

DPG/DBG/SOE/VERANT, go all the way back... They have never had great customer service policies. They need to fix their basic stance toward CS before anything else will help.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It's just as most of us always suspected & a few brave devs who poked their heads above the parapet at the risk of never working in the industry again said - EQ is the cash cow, the companies running it have always preferred to keep milking it, and by extension us as it's loyal fan base, than show us & the game we love any true respect, it's less mis-management & more cynical "keep 'em mean keep 'em keen" deliberate management that way hence why EQ was always the work-horse and never the pampered prince (that's always been EQ2).

I know that some small "re-investment" is supposedly already being iterated on but it's a drop in the bucket versus what the game's players has given those companies over the years, maybe things are changing but I would be surprised if we ever saw any significant amount of money being put back into the game.

This isn't me taking pot shots at the dev team, they aren't at fault here, it's the folks at the top of the tree who get to carry this can of ire.
  7. Silver-Crow Augur

Be glad that EQ is not the pampered price. EQ2 was a solid game but at some point it became cash shop focused and the item bloat made everything meaningless. There's a reason EQ2 TLP's never go the distance... the later expansions are just broken in terms of mechanics.

On the other hand, EQ is still pretty meaningful in live.
    code-zero and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Nolrog Augur

Same thing for me. I didn't have TBL on 2 of my 3 (I bought ToV on my main toon last year for the merc and pet illusion). So I picked it up on all 3 this year (Phini) so I'm ready to go for TBL and beyond.

Might upgrade to the one with the merc and pet illusion later on, we'll see.
    Skuz likes this.