You all excited for tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 24, 2022.

1. MMOer Augur

I always get a lil antsy in the pantsy the day before.

For anyone that is new to a TLP launch, expect queues, expect hour long sessions of trying to get in.

If you get in early you need to choose, make a second character or keep playing. Roll the dice.

Most of the time if you get in you will be on of the lucky 300 or so they let in and typically can keep playing while everyone else rages they are stuck.

Log out to make another character and you can lag out and you will be stuck with the rest of us.

Historically they have been letting some in slowly over time. It will pretty much take all day the first day to level out and get most in.

This is IF all goes well. Bad is when the server gets boned and they have to wipe and start again.

If this sounds like not fun to you, then might want to wait until Thursday.

I will be here posting and enjoying such times of woe and frustration. It is part of the ritual.

PS... they made a queue so you don't need to keep trying to click the server to get in. Leave the confirmation box up or don't, it doesn't matter. This question will be asked like 50 times tomorrow, lol

PPS... the discord is fun to hang out on while you wait too.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  2. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Nah. Not into the whole recycling thing. I do hope those who are new or haven't been around for a long while have fun though.
  3. Ugazod New Member

Hopefully all goes well and folks get in to play! Yes, I'm excited.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is a big exaggeration on the limits of players that will be able to play if there is a queue.
    eredhel likes this.
  5. PotatoPowa Elder

I keep breaking stuff in my excitement, I'm like one of those dogs that doesn't realize its size and keeps romping around the house. Only I don't have a human to tell me to stop breaking my stuff, because I am the type of guy who plays everquest.
    Overcast451 and Ponter like this.
  6. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

If you're not already an all-access subscriber, you should sign up before you see the sun rise tomorrow because the transaction servers could be lagging as well.
  7. MMOer Augur

Good tip! Almost forgot to do that myself.
  8. MMOer Augur

They do like 300-500 in at a time.. this is known.

Its how they keep the servers from going floop
  9. Ponter Elder

Breh I've been listening to kelethin music on YouTube for like... a year at this point... I'm stoked, even if the result is being in que and lagging out for all 3 hours I have to try to play. I'll just putter around the house making food or cleaning or something... Then I gotta log until 8 hours after launch in which case I'll be back and hoping its less of a cluster.
  10. MMOer Augur

Sit! Tater Sit!
    Ponter likes this.
  11. MMOer Augur

It normally clears up by the time the east coast is going to bed.

The first weekend can get rough but its never as bad as day 1.

Who knows... maybe they bumped up the servers capacity this year???
    Ponter likes this.
  12. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I'm in the same boat. I want to play on Wednesday, but I've been waiting so long for this server that I can wait another day to play.
  13. Grail3r New Member

Hopefully I get to level 5 by the end of the day .
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They don't limit the server to 300-500 on launch and the cap is higher then that and at least a couple of thousand players.
  15. Ponter Elder

Maybe they mean 300-500 per zone? I feel like I recall ~300 in Gfay...
  16. mark Augur

yes forum quest his nearly over
  17. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

False. ForumQuest is forever
    jeskola likes this.
  18. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Correct. I still need to remind free-trade proponents that their efforts to overthrow Yelinak's classic rule set failed.
  19. Cheet Elder

No. EQ has been around 23 years and this is how many TLPs?
    *yawn*
  20. bloodofthezoo New Member

Yes I'm excited! just resubbed , can't wait ! See you all in game tomorrow!
    [IMG]
    Overcast451 likes this.