Yet another returning player boxing question...which expansion to play in?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Emphant, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Emphant Lorekeeper

So I'm back from all these breaks I took etc... and currently I'm four boxing. I run Ranger, Enchanter, Magician, Wizard plus a tank and cleric merc. I was aiming to be able to have high DPS and utility with a side of crowd control and headshot. So far, so good. Two of my characters are level 70 and the other two are level 69 just shy of 70.

This is where it gets tricky. I can do content from 8 or 9 different expansions at this level...which one should I go for? Should I go right ahead to SoD? I know you can start doing a lot of content in there around level 65. Should I be doing TBS and SOF first? Ultimately my goal is to get to ROF level stuff so I'm thinking I should probably be doing SOF and SOD stuff because the gear will be better...but I'm not sure if that's the best idea. I know DON has some progression AAs that would be useful and then you have your mata muram trials and such but I figure those will be easier when I gain a few more levels. I am currently thinking of going to Oceangreen Hills and seeing what I can do there but maybe I should grind out a few more levels in Sunderrock/Vergalid first? I am also in desperate need of gear as it's expensive to gear up four characters so right now only my enchanter and ranger have full gear. The other two have the defiant you can buy with station cash and a few stray pieces of other gear here and there.

Lastly, I'd really like to get some weapon proc augs for my ranger...freezing strike or something similar. Where is the best place for that?
  2. Yther Augur

If you want gear, I'd suggest doing the Hand aug quest ( Jonas Dagmire's Skeletal Hand ). Each island you complete gets you a 69 level req. defiant quality piece of gear or weapon / shield. See http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=5553 achievements, all but Ak'Anon Strike force that are marked 70-80.

Epic 1.5s, if you haven't done them yet, should be mostly doable, if not completely at 70. See ( EQ:Epics ). If you don't want to go that way, you can do some mobs in SoF for weapons. A few examples ( Steamwork Compound Bow, Bejeweled Parrypoint, Fearpoint , Lelluran's Scarred Longsword). You can pick up non-visible slot items from nameds as well, if you don't have the money to buy the defiant stuff.

I'd put off SoD until 75+, unless you got someone else to lead you through them.

DoN progression is good, and some of the tasks are descent experience at 70. Also, with the crystal rewards you can buy some nice augs. See Tatsujiro the Serene [Norrath's Keepers Merchant] or Xeib Darkskies.

If you're just out for experience, the farm camp (See Sigglik's quests) in Dragonscale Hills should be very easy with your group and good exp from the quests. Loping Plains also has some good quests like (Worgs and Wereorcs) for experience.

Besides the DoN merchants, you might want to look at http://eq.zam.com/wiki/EQ:Items_Special_Procs and the older Slot 4 Augs with a Proc list. If you don't mind the Ranger getting aggro, you might look at the higher level stuns in the Aggro Procs page.

Yther Ore.