Yet Another Please Fix Spawn Time of Angry/Shady Goblin

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Repo, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Repo New Member

Hello Folks,

I'd like to petition for the developers to consider lowering the spawn time of the Shady Goblin in WW (+/- 18hrs) as well as the Angry Goblin (+/- 54hrs?) in Frontier Mountains for the Spirit Wracked Cords quest.

The spawn time is excruciating, but the real problem is the huge queue of players keeping both permacamped, resulting in KS races on Angry and spam item turn-ins on Shady for what is already a pretty steep quest requiring Ally Chardok faction, a very rare drop from Juggs (or Trak that nobody kills anymore on Agnarr Progression Server) and the Urn from Drusilla.

What I am proposing:
    • Don't despawn Shady Goblin after someone turns in their items.
    • Lower Angry Goblin spawn time to once an hour or something lower.

I understand the need for elusiveness in quest NPCs but this is just downright ridiculous on my server (Agnarr TLP).

Please consider fixing this for the good of humanity and those who have poured countless hours into the rather unecessary level of elusiveness of these two quest NPCs in what is already a very balanced quest for the rewards given vs. effort required.

I am willing to act in kind to Andy Dufresne from ShawShank Redemption where he writes one letter a day until finally they build a prison library if needed. In the meantime please consider this proposal to make the game more enjoyable.

Thanks for your consideration.
    danathor and Krezzy like this.
  2. Repo New Member

3. Repo New Member

bump for posterity.
  4. Drazz New Member

I couldn't agree more, these spawn times were originally based on a much smaller server population. I've wasted weeks (days of play time) on this stupid spawn only to have a server crash and 10 players to login on reset and dps race Skargus.
    Krezzy likes this.
  5. Repo New Member

6. Krezzy Augur

These timers really need to be shortened on this and future TLP servers. As things stand, you either have to somehow convince an entire raid of people to enter an out-of-the-way zone such as Frontier Mountains to spawn a pick, or else you need to wait days for an opportunity.

In either case, you contend with many other players who are highly motivated to DPS-race you, or possibly cheat by using 3rd party software to trigger hand-ins faster than humanly possible, or cheat by boxing.

Long respawn quest mobs are toxic to the community. They inherently favor classes with high burst damage. They make content inaccessible to players with motor disabilities. They work against the immersiveness of EverQuest by taking a player out of play for several hours, or even days.

In short, they make players miserable.

As Repo has mentioned, this quest already has ample time and effort required by the player without subjecting them to ad hoc PvP.
  7. glasstitan New Member

This quest really is making me miserable. It has taken over every minute of the time I've had a chance to play for the last two months.
    Although i haven't been lucky enough to turn in my item to the angry goblin, I have seen others turn in theirs and others KS them, or try to anyway.
    It's making the entire thing feel so toxic.
    The suggested changes seem very reasonable to me.
    Krezzy likes this.
  8. Valv Journeyman

+1, almost 2 expansions past kunark and this is still poopsock camped 24/7... clearly a problem
    Krezzy likes this.
  9. Ifrit New Member

Bump. Three of us sitting here, what a waste of time.
  10. Aziuno Augur

Get a guild, spawn a pick, get er done.
    The three of you are choosing to waste your time.