[Yelinak] <Melody of Mischief> Raids: Tues/Thurs/Sat 8p-12a EST

Discussion in 'TLP Guild Recruitment' started by Grok, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Grok Augur

[IMG]
    Melody of Mischief

Raids: Tues/Thurs/Sat at 8p-12a EST

We are a raid guild forming up for the Yelinak server and are currently open-recruiting all classes!

Melody of Mischief strives to provide rewarding challenges and great experiences for all members. Whether we are aggressively splitting content on raid nights or doing super low-man kills on off days, we have the most fun raiding when the only path to victory is through everyone playing well together.

We are organizing now and plan to hit the ground running on May 25th. The Yelinak server is a great time for you to get in on the ground floor of a guild and enjoy the game from classic to live. New members quickly become old friends here!

Looking for players who:
    • Enjoy a challenge - we do not want to only 72-man steamroll content, if you want to follow a crowd around and just hit auto attack.. this is not the place for you. Your actions matter here, you have the power to make the raid a win or loss.
    • Show up for most raids, are fully engaged, no ninja afk'ing.
    • Enjoy grouping, questing, and hitting older content on off-days.
    Notes:
    • We do not take ourselves too seriously, but we hit all our buttons.
    • DKP loot system, open bid, well-played boxes also receive full dkp.
    • 60%+ 30-day RA required.
    • Discord (with microphone) and Gina required.
    Come chat with us if you are interested... https://discord.gg/uSRe6WadjM
    Nighthawk likes this.
  2. Grok Augur

3. Basak Augur

Oh man, you had me until "with microphone" I'll still see you in game though I am sure.
    TLP Addict likes this.
  4. Ariana Augur

I see from your post history that you were running a thread for guilds on both Aradune and Mischief prior to this one. What is the current status of those previous guilds? Will this iteration be dropped when next year's servers are announced? If I end up on Yelinak I would be looking for a guild with potential to last beyond the next server announcement.
  5. Grok Augur

Hello Ariana. The guilds I have run on the last couple servers typically ended around the time when a new server has come out due the nature of low-man raiding with aging servers. Over time you lose people for various reasons and it becomes harder and harder to recruit replacements. I have tried to keep raid rosters to around 40 in the past (including boxes) which has been tons of fun. Later in the game it gets impossible to replace people who leave if you dip below what is needed to clear. People flat out do not want to join a guild later in the server that isn't clearing all of the content. My goal has always been to be run guilds where people notice if you are not there. If Ariana doesn't show up to raid, people should think "man, we really needed that <dps, heals, whatever..>". If Ariana is a cleric that ninja afks, people should die. Etc.. Everyone's actions should matter.. otherwise why play. This creates a difficult balance with raid size vs guild longevity.

This server we will not put low limit on total guild size. Instead, we will use aggressive splitting if we get too big. This should give us the best of both worlds and help us take the server a lot further without getting to a point where we dip below having enough people to have fun. This of course has its own trade-offs as well.

Overall both of our last two guilds were a huge success. We all really enjoyed our low 40's AoW kill in era on Aradune and of course our ~38 man in-era Rathe Council win on Mischief. For the most part people have had a great time raiding with us and we're starting out with some of those same raiders from both previous guilds.

We're all pumped for Yelinak, hope to see you there!
    Ariana and Nighthawk like this.
  6. Mattling Elder

I played with these guys back on Aradune through Velious and it was a blast. Grok (and Tarmie) love to push the envelope when it comes to low-man raiding.

I remember doing Sev splits during Kunark with only 3 groups, we wiped a few times, but got him down barely on our 4th attempt and it was one of the best experiences I've ever had in EQ. Also remember doing a 5-man Zlandicar in era that took us 40 minutes to kill with a few close calls.

Honestly, if you're looking for a challenge, these guys are the dudes to play with. Grok knows his stuff in-and-out and is a generally good dude but he's also not afraid to ruffle some feathers if people are slacking off and not paying attention.
    Nighthawk likes this.
  7. Nighthawk Lorekeeper

Ran with these guys on Aradune up through Luclin, good to see you guys returning to Yelinak!

Tarmie is the best ;)
  8. Hirbow Augur

9. Grok Augur

Melody of Mischief
  10. Grok Augur

A huge welcome to everyone who has joined up! As launch gets closer we will be posting signups for launch groups and help connect guildies who have the same goals for leveling speed and path.
  11. MacArthurIV New Member

12. Grok Augur

Happy Easter! 38 days to go....
  13. Ratdawg88 New Member

Strange to me that you guys are all about "we hit buttons" then go and require gina lol I see people using gina in classic >kunark>velious as very weird , I get it later on when things get more complicated but when everything is mostly just tank and spanks? I dunno man , maybe Im just weird lol
  14. Grok Augur

We use Gina for all sorts of things. In classic our clerics will each rotate two divine auras to block Draco's fear, ensuring that we have an unfeared cleric to heal the tank. We continue to use this for any open world dragon fears in kunark and velious.... and for major AE's that cannot be avoided in the future. DA-blocking makes a massive difference for the raid. We also use Gina for CH chains when they are used.

We encourage Gina for general awareness of what is going on. We use triggers for all of the heals to know what is currently in the air and which one will land first... this helps healers duck heals properly to save mana and tells tanks when to use heal pots to fill gaps. We use triggers for death touches to know when to taunt and when the current tank should turn off attack. We use triggers for resurrection so see if/who is rezzing and how long it will be for that specific cleric can cast heals. In kunark and beyond we use triggers to know how much time is on defensive, weaponshield,etc.. In general play we use triggers for mobs gating or healing to know how long we have to stun... etc.. etc... etc......
  15. Ratdawg88 New Member

Ok so that all makes sense, overly complicated but makes sense, but again it seems like it goes against your "we just hit buttons " mentality . What you are saying is the min/max mentality that you have to do everything exactly right

So while I can understand where you are coming from , and while I was tempted in what you were offering, what you were offering isnt exactly what you said you were.

Good luck and hope to see you folks in game , but not for me
    **Dragonslayer** likes this.
  16. Grok Augur

You confused "we hit all our buttons" to "we just hit buttons". The purpose of that full line is to express that we all want to play well but nobody is getting angry and screaming when mistakes are made.

Some people would rather add 20 more bodies to the raid than have to click one button to import a timer that tells you when to hit divine aura 3 seconds before dragon fear goes off. It's not for everyone, but I find that a lot of people who try it really enjoy it. Many have not been exposed to playing this way, but really enjoy how much it directly connects them to each win.. as well as all the extra loot to go around from doing things with smaller numbers.
  17. Ratdawg88 New Member

Ah , that was my mistake then , my bad I do tend to read things too fast , so that makes complete sense .

Also I have done all of classic>kunark>velious etc , with less than 40 people that hasnt used gina , gina makes things easier, than actually do the mechanics yourself , and its just weird you all want a challenge and then use gina which makes those things easier, but like I said , hope you guys do well in the way you wanna play , im just beating a dead horse here , interesting conversations tend to make me ramble .
    **Dragonslayer** likes this.
  18. Grok Augur

Congrats and thanks to Fopho who won our logo contest.
  19. Grok Augur

Still open recruiting all classes.
  20. Grok Augur

Any paladins out there?