Ye Old Boxing Debate

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by FurySoul, Aug 19, 2015.

1. FurySoul Augur

This, in my opinion, is a big reason why Classic ( until about end of Gates of Discord ) should not be the benchmark for Everquest. I am all for p99 styled servers, but the anti-boxer community should really focus their statements and concerns to their specific servers rather than an Everquest wide blast which drastically affects Old TLP and Live servers (which have very different game mechanics and communities)
  2. Necromonious Augur

They are working on this. Last I heard from PrathunEQ (in a forum post) it is one of their bigger priorities. And I'd agree with you
  3. FurySoul Augur

Honestly I think the revamping of classic is a great idea (if done correctly). I do feel that if they want to beef up these expansions across all servers, then they need to remove the level requirement locks that will make these raids more difficult for smaller guilds doing old content behind the top guilds.

Personally, I feel all the LJ/RF changes should stay isolated on those servers and stop trying to bleed into the live servers (to include all the drama).
  4. FurySoul Augur

5. Tris Augur

Me and my friend dual box. Our line up is enc, druid, wizard, mage. Thats right only 4 characters. We are both pretty undergeared as both of us are not into rmt and just take what we get. Currently farming up loam and withered in the hole. Before farming through guk.

What we meet in the lands: basically we meet no autobots. Last night we met a realy friendly guy from apok, with a whole lot of mages. He gave us advice on where to /pick at reavants in the hole so we could share the same camp in different instances. Everytime ww run up to any group and say hello e get response. . .

Then we meet insanely underpowered melee groups. Few night ago we ran into an all ost pure melee group from Rosengaard, also in the hole, who wiped horribly on a pretty standard pull. Rhey were obviously not bad players, but it leads to my point.. They were bringing bard, cleric and sk.

Basically melees are insanely underpowered.in classic, what me and my friend can do easy with an undergeared caster gheto group, is literally impossible for melee groups, who even carry the holy trinity. We all know this will change later, possibly allready i. Kunark. But basically boxers and especially mage boxers is taking all the heat and blame for this.