YAY Elidroth!! Tertiary Recall FTW

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Gr8fuldave, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Gr8fuldave Augur

Dude THANK YOU for the Tertiary Recall AA! You are awesome! Now just for a Secondary Teleport Bind AA and I'll have your children.

Cheers!
  2. Perplexed Augur

Agreed!
    Having secondary or tertiary teleport was mentioned during Beta, but I never saw any official comment about it.
  3. Teslin Journeyman

I too like the tertiary recall aa. Thank you. My druid is 96 and therefore cannot yet use the other new AA - the Mark of Travel (think that is the name, not logged in to check) but I have a question about that one. We have the 2ndary recall and now the tertiary recall .. both of which use a 'stone' ('of marking' and 'guidestone'). The new level 100 aa does not seem, from the description, to require any such item. Is the new aa a 'replacement' for the 2ndary recall? or an addition to the lineup, effectively creating a 4th 'bind' point (for personal, not group, port use)? If it is a replacement, is the only incentive to use it the fact that a 'stone' is not required? Or perhaps does the level 100 aa permit you to set a bind point in places one can currently not set one?
  4. Tobynn Augur

The click-effect on the existing Stone of Marking is and always has been ... Mark of Travel.
    The new Mark of Travel AA merely eliminates the need to carry around a Stone of Marking.

I don't expect to ever utilize Tertiary Bind. I didn't need yet another self-only bind point; I already have plenty of those. Note: I won't use Quaternary Bind either, so please scrap this idea from future release. Scrap thoughts of quinary, senary, and septenary binds while we're on the subject.

hint: >>> Teleport Secondary Bind <<<
    Perplexed likes this.
  5. Teslin Journeyman

Thank you for your prompt reply, Tobynn. I appreciate the clarification. I haven't changed my 'secondary recall' point in eons and I have several stones of marking kicking around in the bank now (I don't see the need to 'carry them around' since, once set, it is good forever and I use it only to save myself guildhall portal stone 'fees' for the most part), so I doubt I will be buying that AA (even if I reach 100 in the foreseeable future) any time soon.
  6. Tarrin Augur

With there rarely a need to go more than a zone line from a hub zone..and areas that are further you can't bind in..I've been having issues finding anywhere worthwhile to put my secondary bind at as it is.
  7. Famka Elder

Until we get Teleport Secondary Bind, you can use the Secondary and Tertiary Recall to travel between the 2 spots you want to be able to port the group to.
    Spot 1 Secondary Recall, spot 2 Tertiary Recall.
    Gate yourself to the spot your group needs to go to, bind yourself, pick up the group and Teleport Bind.
    It's a bit of extra zoning, but can still save the group time.
    Fanra likes this.
  8. Tobynn Augur

Nothing that cannot alternatively be accomplished with Bind Affinity and Gate.
  9. Famka Elder

Let's say there are 2 spots you often want to port your group to.
    You are bound at 1 spot, and the other spot is your Secondary Recall.
    You port your group to spot 1 with Teleport Bind, after a while, you and your group want to move to spot 2.
    You hit your Secondary Recall, land at spot 2 and bind yourself there, you then hit Gate and.... you don't move an inch.
    Now if you had set Tertiary Recall at spot 1, you could have gated back there to pick up the group.
    Of course you have set your campfire at spot 1, but not everyone is in the same fellowship.
    Fanra likes this.