Xrobb's Cage Hatred % negatively affected by update.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Tenr, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Tenr New Member

I would like to hear from the developers on why my Xorbb's Cage was negatively affected by this "boost" in power. Before the patch my cage was sitting at about 87% used but is now 49% used. With the update it was said that the power was boosted significantly but anyone who had one that was used in any way wont get that increase. But if you had one in your inventory at a true 100% your cage wont be negativity affected. To me that feels like an imbalance in the change any used cage essentially does not get the update only unused or new cage's will. To be fair i feel that our used cage's should be returned to the pre-patch represented %. This would more accurately represent, what I would hope, was the intent of the change of a very hard to get and rare item.
    Any response by the dev's would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Riou EQResource

The % is % of total, your old total was 2 million, your new total is 3.5 million, your old Power Source didn't keep the % of total, it kept a flat value, so now post patch a 2 million power source out of 2 million which is 100%, becomes a 2 million power source out of 3.5 million which is 57%
  3. Tenr New Member

I understand that it is now a 3.5m power source. My issue is that if the same power source was in my inventory and unused it would it not still show 100% and have a total value of 3.5m, or would it show 75% since it only has a total value of 2m vs 3.5m?
    The notes just say "increased the starting pool" and I am looking for clarification from a dev/gm/soe on if this change was intentionally meant to not truly affect the starting pool of all Xrobb's cages already in game and only to newly dropped since the patch.
  4. Mintalie Augur

This whole thing is extremely upsetting.
  5. Crystilla Augur

Any new ones dropping now are 3.5 million; any old ones that were already looted (whether used or not) are still at the old value of 2 million. 2 million is 57% of 3.5 million, which is why old ones will say a max of 57% value on it.