Xping my merc.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ptah, Feb 13, 2014.

1. ptah Augur

Level 100 toon. J5 merc.

I must of missed the boat on something. Merc AA is very very slow imho. like 100 to 1 to player AA.. and im talking for 8k plus toons. So I have a few questions to clear up assuming to much.

1-- do lesson/xp potions affect Merc xp towards AA to them?

2-- I do box.. am I better off breaking down the group and Molo ? Again this is for pure Merc AA.

3-- Massive killing vs tasks? Or for that matter con based kills?

Requesting additional info on this topic. Currently doing bard mage clr.. with x3 wizzy mercs and I just don't see Merc AA. Thank you ahead of time. Im guessing im missing something. Content wise im open to anything in game. (Only thing im against is beaming.)
  2. Kreacher Augur

Dailies.

PS : To me, folks shouldn't have to what I consider do a work around, like above, or exclude people from groups. Dev's , we need to have an ability to buy Merc AA's with our own AA's. Make it at a rate of 20:1 or 30:1.
  3. ptah Augur

thank you kreacher.

1-- maybe I am overlooking dailies. Im not a fan of them. I will look into revisiting them.

2-- My playstyle. I often do a /who all lfg or use the lfg tool. Add in people when able. Now I do play a random times.. and if I don't get an answer from lfg list I will just merc it up. Go after the short term goal and move forward..
    >>> in the past I have used general chat to ask "anyone interest in this or that" LFM for general XP grind etc... Im sure if my content interest limits results or what.. good 80% im just after general XP.. so I would think that would be open to most. And I normally am willing to adjust to make up of the group. IE its not set in stone. I will adjust for a win.
  4. Silv Augur

I think I missed the boat on this one... I've done a few dailies and have not noticed much (if any) merc AA xp gain. Any thoughts on why that may be?
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Dailies used to give almost a full merc aa when running them molo, but to my knowledge it was nerfed.

Not sure how they're calculated but I've found lessoning an alt against light blues in RT to evolve the alaran tear a faster merc exp gain than traditional grouping, by a longshot....
  6. Sebbina Augur

I suspect that merc AA are intended as a time sink, those who use a merc from level 1 onwards will probably have a decent count, for those of us who are level 100 when Merc AA begins will have a long, long road. If folk with the need to max out merc AA before the end of February want to try to slaughter their way there, good luck to them. Buying AA with character AA would defeat at least part of the purpose, so I doubt that will ever happen. As I type this one of my Guildies is running around trying to make sure that all the newly released Exploration Achievements are ticked off, so if you want those AA you have the same start point as everyone else, but a high level character should know where to go to grind away, either Molo or assisting friends to some goal.
  7. ptah Augur

Yeah I have sweet spots like everyone else does. Like for me I will enjoy DH tower. Really enjoyed Plane of shadows months back til beaming killed that zone for me.( 24/7 PL team lagging it out) Sarith zone got old fast. CoB boring. Grell was ok for a month. just to name a few.. RT think looks interesting.. maybe something dual.. xp the tear and merc. As well as the zone got a ton of packed mobs.. tx sheex
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I found upper floors of RT are 99% alaran, 100% empty and a reasonable lesson molo burn, with a little merc aa and tear evolution and chance of tablet drop. With a bot to punt to pillars was a fast place to get set up, too.

Oddly enough this alt on main's acct has 3x the merc AA that main does from this, heh.
  9. ptah Augur

Ok. So level 90 daily. Valley. 5 farmers. 3% Merc AA for 5 kills and task. Now im running to RT.
  10. Gnub Journeyman

Why not just play the game? Merc AA aren't going to make the difference in your day.