XP Rates Between TLP Servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shanebear, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Shanebear New Member

Just hit 50 with my first character on Phinigel, and boy was that a drag. Are Ragefire and Lockjaw similar? That was almost all group xp too, since solo xp is garbage on Phinny.
  2. nagash101 Augur

I would say rage\lock are easier then agnarr being a bit tougher with phinigel being the worst.
  3. DariyaVika Augur

XP on Agnarr is about the same as Ragefire, which is very good compared to PHinny. If you thought 1-50 was a drag on Phinny, the news gets worse. GoD will increase the xp rate a little bit on Phinny, but I can't drag myself back to the 53 bard I have there. Even with an xp pot running on Phinny, it's still less than the unmodified xp on Agnarr.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

As a new to tlp player exp on agnarr is so fast you skip many spells, miss leveling up many skills and generally have to slow your self down to actually take in some sights.
  5. Kiani Augur

I did a little experiment. I started a wood elf ranger on each of the latest TLP servers (well, not LJ), and live, and counted how many level 1 mobs it took to get to level 2. This is the result:

Antonius (live) - 14
    Ragefire - 20
    Agnarr - 20
    Phinigel - 35

There may be a little variation between mob types, I wasn't picky about what I killed as long as it was level 1, but that should give you an idea of the relative xp rates between servers.

So yes, Phinigel XP truly sucks.
  6. Dabrixmgp Augur

yeah exp on Phinny seems awful. I just started a SK on Friday and only level 20 right now. Full Twink with 36% haste, Fungi, Massive Dragonclaw Shard, and 2400 HP w/ Temp using I dont even know if I will be able to hit 65 and be ready for GoD by the 16th of July.
  7. Amoeba Augur

I enjoyed the slower xp rate because it was SUPPOSED to mean the ability to stay closer in range with others you start with.

Turns out all it meant was having to play 2x as long as everyone did the mad dash. Made me burn out. I think I am alright with the xp on Agnarr... wouldn't die if it was a bit slower, but meh.
    Samueru likes this.
  8. Rhodz Augur

Don't even start ;)
    Samueru likes this.
  9. Sdoofbuc Augur

I would like more XP on Phinny. That way I can AFK more.

As it is I am maxed level, maxed AA outside stat AAs that don't add stats anymore, and I have 130 AA banked.

There isn't much left I can do right now other than raid. My LDoN charm is about 60%, but i am so bored with those and I don't even have anything left to buy with points. I wish I could cheese the rest to max it out; but I can't and will end up replacing it in the future anyways.

I don't do alts. I don't box.

I am so glad that Phinny isn't locked to an exp I would end up quitting if I was on a server that did that. Quit right where I am now. Forever locked in at this point.

More XP on Phinny would be a good thing. I would be able to AFK until the next exp a lot sooner.
  10. Rhodz Augur

Go outside...
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  11. Amoeba Augur

I played a Paladin in 2000. I remember Hell Levels. I recall spending 8 hours to get 3 blue bubbles of xp and being like "This was the best xp day EVER!!!"
    Jaxarale01 and Miss_Jackie like this.
  12. Rhodz Augur

Yeah I used to think a BB gun and a stingray bike was the best Christmas ever.
    Times and we change, now I get 308 rifles and a motorcycle... got a great wife BTW :cool:
  13. Machentoo Augur

I remember being in that group and thinking "Where did all my xp go??? Slowest xp day EVER!" Hybrid xp drain on the group was a miserable, terrible mechanic.
    Rhodz likes this.
  14. Xanathol Augur

Agnarr feels to have a curve to it. The lower levels fly by but by late 40s, it is crawling, respectively speaking.
  15. -wycca Augur

This is normal. By the late 40's you can't really find evens/yellows/reds to max your exp on, you're stuck doing blues & lblues.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

For sure... especially when so many stick to Guk Frenzy and Lord, those mobs Lb and green out mid 40's and the stuff south even starts to grey out.

Makes the exp seem slower but the plus side is you're pretty much going to find people grouping there 24/7.
  17. Rhodz Augur

Still the biggest reason for opening in RoK or SoV...
    Screw Classic(tm) ;)
    Zevran likes this.
  18. Galrois New Member

If someone wants to reproduce this while making sure to use the same mobs for all kills on all servers, just in case some level 1 mobs do have experience modifiers, get a level 6+ Magician or level 8+ Wizard to help. Have them cast Eye of Zomm and then you kill the Eye.
  19. Kiani Augur

I would have killed the same mob, but it was difficult trying to find enough of the same types before I got too bored.... But, even if there's a little variation, it's still indicative of how bad Phinny really is.
  20. Trevalon Augur

As a note I made this same post on day 1 of Agnarr cause we thought it was slower to - I also PM'd Prathun about it to ask if he would check it.

Ngreth PM'd me back and said he checked the EXP modifiers 3 times and they were the exact same as on Ragefire.

He didn't mention any curve changes so if there is a discrepancy I dunno - but he specifically said he checked the exp modifiers and Agnarr as of today is at the exact same modifier as Ragefire is today (He said that modifier increases at GoD launch on Ragefire).