XP and AC from Natimbi before Greig's ?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Geroblue, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Geroblue Augur

Yther I sent you a pm.

For level 50 plus, I went to Great Divide, Natimbi, then Greigs.
  2. Yther Augur

Posting this just in case we don't meet up. Here's some screenshots of the toon I used. 47 level gnome cleric (silver account) with App5 tank merc.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    No HP buff on the cleric (why?) and KEI for crack and a few Shm / Dru buffs. Tank same, but with Haste, no KEI, and should have had Temperance, but I didn't double check see how the Clr is missing it also.

Invis potions in the potion belt. Invised once in DSP to travel accross to GE. It stayed up while I went past the entry rooms to the 1st Courtyard which is directly South of the DSP zone in, but you have to wind around to get to it.
    [IMG]
    If you run to the small room south of the courtyard where the four black squares make another square shape, there is one mob in the NW corner of that room. I usually camp in the SE corner of that room. If you hug the corner it won't aggro if your invis drops. I pulled that mob with Smite, targetted the merc and put Celestial Healing on him. First fight I stood up most of the time, to see how mana and the merc were doing. Merc was doing ok with HoT, getting nuked every once in a while. A couple more HoTs, then merc was getting close to 50%, so I Complete Healed (fizzled a bit, since my Alteration is low from mostly nuking). 12% mana on that cast, so I decided to try to sit. No problem, tank kept aggro, although mob tried to root a few times while I was sitting. A couple more HoTs and a CH at the end and it was done, and I sat to med up out of combat.

After FM, I went to the NW corner and used /tar a to target the nearest mob while being out of line of sight and casted Pacify on him, just to be sure, since I'm not real coordinated. Stepped out the door way and targetted the mob in the SE corner of the courtyard and Smited him, got hit and stunned, but merc came and grabbed aggro, and I ran back to my camp corner when unstunned. Casted a HoT on the tank. Meditated. Repeated as the HoTs wore off. I realized the CH would probably 100% the merc even at near 0%, so I waited until he was down to <30%, casted another HoT, then started the CH. The mobs was almost dead by then, so I just kept the HoTs up when they would fade.

Pretty much the same thing for the one I had just Pacified, then the one in the SW corner of the CY, then the one in the NE corner of the CY. There's one more near the NW corner that's single-able and trap-like mob spawn just in front of the doorway of the small room I was camped in, but it never popped on me (someone probably popped it earlier and hadn't had the respawn timer finished yet).

I gated after those single mobs, 'cause I dinged, and looked at how bad my stats / equipment were, and thought I should go get at least 1 Trio Jewelry piece and put a mana regen in it, since I seemed to be pretty low on mana regen. I'll have to recheck it later, but 30 seemed low with KEI, since KEI is 15, and natural mana regen by my level would be 5 or so, that only left 10 worn, a bit shy of the 15 cap. Plus I could gain a ton of Mana and HPs with more Trio stuff.

At 47, that place would of been very tough with 2 beating on the merc (being an App5 he was taking some damage, especially from spells), but probably by mid 50s, my mana pool would be alot larger, the HoTs would probably keep him healed with 2 just by themselves, and I've have enough mana to do several CH if there were more than 2.

There are alot more places where you can single without worry of roamers past the first courtyard, but that's easiest to get to, and is very safe, once you get the pattern down. It's were I've leveled alot of toons. I've done some at the zone in when worried whether I could handle it or not, so I could zone out, but that requires pacifying alot of mobs at a time, and without an innate invis (hate to burn up 2-3 potions just to pacify a few mobs) spell / AA, I just skip it and go to the courtyard. With a mount the mana regen shouldn't be a problem, and stop the casting on you, unless you're nuking.

Well just thought I'd give an idea of fighting on that end and the strategy I use for the courtyard. Was glad to see App5 did ok at that low of level. I was worried as I had done the zone in with a Ranger and J1 tank merc in the upper 40s and it was tough with more than one on a bad pull. At least there's multiple walls for a bad calm spell so you don't get a whole room full of mobs, if you move out of the way before casting.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I have an audio trigger setup on all toons for the phrase You feel yourself starting to appear to indicate when a potion is about to fade, and you can click another without every becoming visible.

Hopefully this helps someone out.

Yther Ore.
  3. Geroblue Augur

Thanks ! I copied the info and I'll read it over.
  4. Geroblue Augur

Well, apparently I'm not mezzing. Otherwise I'm doing mostly okay. Yther said something about posting more ideas. I'm tired but I did get some rest last night.

edit:

I added Combat Stability, Natural Durability, and Combat Agility to Mumaelee. 1 rank each.