Xegony Raid Lag Example

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kizant, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Duder Augur

100% AGREE
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I think especially on the high pop servers, you need to incentivize those that aren't doing any actual playing of EQ to log out of the game. Resting XP like other MMO's give, mailing rewards to people offline a certain amount of time - so many other MMO's do this.

There's two things that would help - in no zone what so ever do buffs not tick down, no Guild halls, no lobby, no PoK, no PoT no Nexus. Place NPC's in the Lobby that cast buffs on player. Presto! No incentive to be on line. Nothing kills your servers more than lag piles just standing around eating game resources running all their stupid nimbuses with their Mercs all out, scamming buffs. It really behooves you to change this behavior.
    Sissruukk and Duder like this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Current zones seem to start lagging when there are more than 4 groups. What changed between tov and cov?
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Don't spend any dev time on buff bots. Those filthy casuals are just scamming buffs anyway!

Autokick everyone in GL, PoK and Nexus when 'raid time' starts!

I'm sure every guild trying to race, logging in at the same time, and requesting separate instances of the same zone has nothing to do with lag.

If we could just do something about those filthy casuals.

----------------------------------------------

But I joke.

Here's my newest thought. Since the idea of guilds staggering their start times and making the race about how long it takes to win, not first timestamp wins, was met with a resounding NO.

How about raids don't exist on the live server.

You go to a separate environment to beta test. Why not to raid?

Why don't they design it so when you request a raid, that is served up from a totally separate (raid server), and your entire guild is using a totally separate pipeline/bandwidth.

If the raiders are more important, why aren't they getting their own experience? You got a better situation in beta, why not on live?

Or do we really want to kick people who are just hanging out?
  5. smash Augur

You asked that, answer is simple: Dragon hoard.
  6. smash Augur

People who are hanging out is just wasting resources. If it had been in a shop and you were not doing anything, you would be shown the door very soon.

I like how the tlp servers were at some point, if people were not doing anything they were autoremoved and logged out. Should be done on live servers too.
    Skrab likes this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

How's this for starters: why should we have to babysit our combine buttons in our tradeskill containers when in PoK? Guess what causes that? Yup, the lag pile. Raids are NOT the only thing effected.

How about zone times?

How about parcel lag?

How about tell lag?

How about accepting group invite lag?

How about bazaar search lag?

How about that panic you get on tradeskill combines that make you think you failed a combine and WHEW there's the created item.

Everything in this game lags 24/7.

There are many things people "just hanging around" effect outside of non peak raid times. If you're not playing, log out of the game and stop tying up useless resources.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Well, you've convinced me.

I'd just love for my pathetic little casual self to be booted off at raid time.

It seems like the perfect solution. And I'm sure we need search no further for the cause of all the painful lag.
  9. KrakenReality Augur

Why are you getting so offended? It’s a reasonable request to log off, if you’re going to be AFK more than an hour. There’s no queue to get back into the game.
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I totally get it.

You raiders are forcing everyone to run on stick figures to squeeze every ounce of performance out of your raid zone.

And here I am, wearing a hero's forge robe, on a flying carpet, with a swirling bat nimbus. Just AFK, think of all the idle animations soaking up precious server cycles, in a totally different zone no less!

There's no queue, I should just log out? You're right, done and done, problem solved.

AFK kicks for everyone incoming? fantastic.
  11. Shredd Augur

folks still raid afk on xegony? due to lag?
  12. KrakenReality Augur

You’re just looking like a clown. You posted a little while back that you aren’t even playing anymore.

Cadira likes this.
  13. Jazrakhan New Member

This - of all the zillion reasons people have decided to bail on eq, it's pretty ironic that for some, it might be because the game itself has literally become unplayable on raids. When the main challenge is getting buttons to depress or abilities to activate _at all_it's obvious something is horribly wrong.
  14. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

But it's not an actual reasonable request.

Jhenna complains about afk folks affecting her afk time ... cause that's what she wants ... afk time at a tradeskill container. Otherwise, how hard is it to hit a button every few minutes?

And kicking the lag pile won't even help as much as you think ... most of the zone lag is caused by people entering the zone. You can easily test it yourself. Park a toon in a specific neighborhood and start combining something in a tradeskill container. Then starting having other toons zone in and out of that neighborhood. Auto combine will stop. It's why active guild halls can be problematic as well ... people zone in and out often.

People will enter and exit PoK often ... there's just no stopping that.

The funny thing is I bet if you could get into RA's guild hall, you'd see a ton of afk toons (just like any raiding and/or big guild ... including mine). I'd ask if Jhenna has asked RA to log off when afk for an hour ... but we all know what the response to that request would be from RA folks ...

How many times in the last 6 months has there been some sort of glitch/issue with the login server/server select screen? (hint, a lot) Some weeks, logging out can be an iffy proposition for getting back into the game. I certainly understand why folks would want to stay in game. Can't you?

And if it's just you and a merc and you play at odd times for your server, it can be hard to find buffs. So it just makes sense to stay somewhere when not playing and maybe you get lucky with getting buffed.

The game should work better. The game has had larger numbers in zones, particularly PoK, before. It's obvious that they are straining against whatever constraints the code makes for modern EQ. So ask the devs for better coding ... less procs, less effects, less moving ice, etc. ... I'm all for. But PLAYERS are not the problem with Everquest lagging.

That level 5 warrior sitting hoping for temp and a damage shield while at work has just as much right to be in Everquest as the rest of us.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

A clown? srsly?

If you had posted something of which you knew, because you had kept up on me, you might have stuck that one. But no.
  16. Zamiam Augur

its you all raiders that cause the lag. (and yes that period at end is for emphasis ) OP you are making a video of a Raid event that has its own lag but yet you put more strain on your system with video which will create more lag ..
    I do not raid anymore but when i did I had hardly any issues with lag .. granted it was years ago .. but I didnt have all the special graphics going on and environmental effects all the models on .. a DPS parser and ginna and however many other programs you have running in the background .. music ? streaming ? its all the Raiders fault .. stop complaining about the lag pile and update your POS system .. im running a 8core processor with 16gig ram and a independent graphics card with 8gigs of ram .. and an SSD card that i use strictly for my OS and EQ ..

want a litle cheese with that wine ? stop pointing the finger at casuals and more so on the Raiders themselves ..
    Maybe limit how many peeps log in from your guild to be in the raid .. can the raid be done with less than 54 , if so maybe any extra logs out .. maybe change your RAID times/days .. so not every guild is raiding on same schedule ..
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Raids are designed and balanced for 54 people. Nobody is blaming group/casual people. What the f are you talking about?
  18. Zamiam Augur

whats this :
    and more of NOT blaming the casual :
    but wait , there's more :
    its not a reasonable request .. yes I'm offended .. i box 3 to 5 accounts and have them up online most the time it takes time to log in and zone each box to get into game easier to stay in game .. besides the game usually comes down for a patch twice a month sometimes more if they are doing a patch to fix the patch to fix that last patch .. also my toons need buffs before i go to play so leaving them logged in usually guarantee's I'll have a full set of buffs on .. yes I do have my own buff bots , however that would require me logging them in as well which means 4 more accounts making more LAG on system resources ..

I'm sure they are balanced for 54 people .. but you dont think its the raiders fault for creating their own lag and you gotta blame the 40 or 50 people in GL and pok ok maybe 150 total peeps between the 2 zones but thats whats creating your lag on your raid .. who's being the clown now ..

if your Raid is lagging then its your or your guilds problem not the servers .. I do not have a problem unless its people like you getting on people like me .. you Raiders think your soo special .. well your not . and my debate on this issue is over..
  19. KrakenReality Augur

Lol, you think AFKing equals casual attack.

Lol, how's that setup working for you?
  20. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

The back and forth between player types is...weird and pointless.

What the OP has pointed out, when you get a large number of people in a zone to run an event, as the game was designed to do, there are serious issues. Everyone knows it is not really new and similar issues are in other areas of the game. It stands to reason if they address the OP's lag scenario, they are probably going to simultaneously address the scenarios when the overall system is not being pushed as hard.

Regardless of how you play or pay, having issues like this in the game is just mind boggling to have continue for so long and without being openly acknowledged as game breaking by the staff. Suggesting that ANYONE not get to play it as designed, in accordance with the ToS, regardless of how much they pay, is disingenuous. Players should not have to find work arounds to these issues.
    Zamiam, Jazrakhan and Sancus like this.