Wow..they are wiping the server to make names avalible to players who didnt get the name they wanted

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MMOer, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMOer Augur

Reyed likes this.
  2. Teren_Kanan Elder

Pretty enraging to be honest.

If the wipe had to happen, it had to happen. But learning that this is one of the reasons they decided to do it? Kind of a slap in the face for those who planned their schedules to be on early enough to get their names.
    Tamier and Batbener like this.
  3. Lord Binky Elder

it's to free up the names of the deleted level 50s. Seems reasonable to me
    MageLeth, Umman and Katmandu26 like this.
  4. Sandrito Elder

Big deal, wipe servers its only a few hours lost.
    Different story if the server was up for weeks.
  5. Oberon Augur

Oh no someone is going to get Drizzt!
    Deadlyne and Lord Binky like this.
  6. Ltldogg Augur

Wipe and in a day or two people will completely forget about this.
  7. The Badger Lord Augur

Level 50s who were not deleted by their original creator (the player) were lost forever

Also its been posted it was not fair for many people to state an official launch time, then open it early.
    Lord Binky likes this.
  8. Calculus New Member

Why are you worried about a name of a character you are most likely only going to play less than a month, most likely a week. #Severwillbegarbage
  9. dinkler New Member

So disappointed over this entire thing.
  10. Batbener Augur

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet."

/sigh, I really wanted to play tonight. I guess the name Ecmule really was that important to some people.
  11. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I support a wipe if it fixes problems. While I didn't get my name, it suspect it has nothing to do with the existing server issues, so I would not benefit. I just want what's best for the community, I can play under a different name.
  12. Grimji Lorekeeper

Yup you nailed it they are going through all this @ss pain and locking servers and considering a wipe JUST so those few players who didnt get names reserved will be happy.

WTF color is the sky in your world?
    Lord Binky likes this.
  13. Ltldogg Augur

Holly clearly states that is another reason for the wipe. The main reason being to fix the remnants of the bug that allowed for level 50 chars and level 1 chars with full gear and spells.
  14. BACKSPACE000 New Member

I logged in exactly at 3PST to reserve a couple of names and the server was already locked. Did you get some kind of advantage or something perhaps, reserving names earlier than what was publicly posted?
    Jadefox likes this.
  15. Ishbu Augur

Its a name. I wish you all luck in getting your names back.

I actually got 3 names I wanted but will not be on when the server does come back, I will assuredly lose out on at least 2 of the names if not all 3. Ill manage to come up with new ones.

I still have to side with this is a good thing. 6 levels is nothing and easily reattained, there should be no items of any consequence that anyone lost unless they used a level 50 to go farm something which supports the need for a wipe. I am sure the people who want to be the first to clear vox/naggy and whatever else each and every expansion will still be there, and possibly further ahead as a result of this delay.
  16. Calculus New Member

She said "should". There is always a chance that the names will be still locked in, and no one will be able to claim them on the new server. Such as the name: Bigbawlsinmymouf. #Datafrommybum
  17. kamikazeheart Elder

They increased the server limit cap after the first lockout, this is a sign that they underestimated the amount of people who were going to try to log in. Since this is an oversight on their end and made it so some people couldn't log in a get the name they wanted, I can see why they would want to include that little detail as 1 of many reasons a wipe is a better option than a rollback.
  18. Aetops New Member

Server went live early, not sure by how much though, 30 min?
  19. Fornow Lorekeeper

some names couldn't even be picked when no one had the name.
  20. Jaxarale01 Augur

grow up...its a name... we arent 10 years old... they fed up... big time ( no surprise as everything decision they have made is dumb as hell...) but whining about a name that you can re name the moment the servers come up is beyond ignorant...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.