Would love a boxing quarm server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by pinco, Jun 15, 2016.

1. pinco Lorekeeper

I play non usa prime time since i live in australia,quarm true box server wont allow me to box even if i tried to play it i would cancel 5 of my 6 accounts please give the boxers a quarm server also.
    regards mark.
    Xanadas likes this.
  2. DariyaVika Augur

The objective with Quarm is a race among individual players who then group into guilds. You're supposed to coordinate 60+ people, not 10+ people.

It is a social game, after all.
  3. Nolrog Augur

/facepalm
  4. Lonye Augur

Tough crap, the better cash grab for the company is True Box, so they're going to milk the hell out of until the cow is dry
  5. Weverley Augur

The last thing they want on a server like quarm is complain that a boxer is monopolizing a group of mobs and blocking everybody else.
  6. Elthorien Elder

Phinny, is proof beyond a shadow of a double that the type of boxing that took place on ragefire/lockjaw was detrimental to the game
    Ambiguously likes this.
  7. Ambiguously Journeyman

This guy gets it.
  8. Reht The Dude abides...

He proves nothing. If players had been forced to choose between a true box server with no classic raid instancing and an instanced server without the true box code, most would choose classic raid instancing without the true box code. Saying that Phinny's success is solely based on true box code is silly.
    Raptorjesus5 and Potawatomi like this.
  9. Elthorien Elder

i can only speak for myself and voice what has been stated by my friends
    the number one reason for going there was to get away from the massive box armies..
    it had nothing at all what so ever to do with instanced content or instanced raiding
    boxed armies destroyed the fun of the game for a LOT of players..
  10. Antiafker New Member

The type of boxing that takes place on all other servers except phinny was prevented on two fronts, and there was plenty of discussions about if it was even possible before phinny went live.
    At this point in time we have the results of that prevention and it it looks like the nay sayers where wrong cause it has worked quite successfully, are all boxers gone from Phinny? no but a majority does not box using third party tools on it.
    I have seen no indication of this kind of deal for quarm, so read into that what you want.
  11. Ambiguously Journeyman

Most would choose to play with all the 30 mage bot armies running around? I doubt that.
  12. Reht The Dude abides...

Yes, if the choice was a server with classic raid instances and no true box code vs a server with no classic raid instancing with true box code. Doubt away all you want. I played on both RF and LJ, and like most people i had my occasional run-ins with mage armies, and i can say hands down that classic raid instancing is the greater draw of the two. I didn't quit playing on RF/LJ because of bot armies and true box code wouldn't have brought me back if it did, but instancing sure as hell would of, if i had the time to play right now. Classic raid instancing is pretty game changing, allowing more people to experience content that was always overcontested in era at their leisure.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  13. taliefer Augur

i dont think its that simple. part of the reason lockjaw raiding was such a cluster was due to the ability to mass box. this allowed fewer people than ever intended to consume the content, which contributed to the overcontested raid scene.

there is also a large part of the population of phinny that still doesnt raid much, if at all, even with raid instancing. the only reason for this would be the anti box code really.

there is something to be said to not seeing armies of characters following each other around, casting in unison.

raid instancing is the main thing that drew me to phinny, but now im not sure i would ever play on a server that allowed mass boxing again, whereas i can see myself playing on a server with no AoCs.
  14. Reht The Dude abides...

No, it's not that simple, but saying that Phinny is successful because of true box code isn't entirely accurate either, instanced raiding plays a huge role in that too. I know a lot of people who came back to play for Phinny specifically because of the instanced raids and i am sure many people left RF and LJ because of true box AND/or instance raids. Instancing would have fixed many or most of LJ's and RF's boxing raiding issues in spite of the mage box armies; most people would be competing against raid content only not raid content and boxers.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  15. Stune Augur

-why not have boss tuned to 20 people, and have guild sizes max 50
    -group sizes to 10 players.
    -instanced raids, open world type zones.
    -1 year opening of expansions.

might bring back some grouping again and forcing people to group.

not an easy server, but might be interesting like it was in the old days.

just an idea i dunno if it would work today.
  16. Ambiguously Journeyman

I also played on LJ and RF. As Taliefer said, if you gave me a choice between instancing OR true boxing, I'd take true boxing in a heartbeat.

We're fortunate enough to get both, but I think you're in the minority if you believe people would willingly go back to the days of bot armies over what we have now.
  17. pinco Lorekeeper

Well the solution is simple make 2 quarm servers one were people can box and one were people cant box,so everyone as a choice to play their way.
  18. taliefer Augur

id imagine they can disable the true box code on the quarm server whenever they want. who knows, maybe a future event on the server will be box friendly, or even boxer oriented.
  19. DariyaVika Augur

One of my beefs with the box groups was that in Seb with 3 picks open one guy was camping the Hiero cloak in every pick. Now, there's nothing to stop a group of players from doing that, but when you can leave one character in each pick and shuffle the rest in a rotation to kill the Hierophant when he spawns, it's ridiculous.

It's not just raid content that makes me want to avoid a server that allows mass-boxing. Those guys were pretty good at monopolizing camps in dungeons as well. No one ever got to join the group as a rep for someone who needed to log. Instead of six people getting a chance at loot, it was just one guy, in three different picks of the same camp, killing the loot pinata over and over again.
  20. Hateseeker Augur

Phinny is proof that the input cloning programs that Daybreak allows are detrimental to the game.

People who box without those programs are able to be independent, but aren't able to control tons of characters so well that they can afford to become pariahs.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.