Worth trying?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Braxton, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Braxton Lorekeeper

I've been into EQ2.

Is the classic EQ worth adventuring?

I tried it ages ago with Planes of Power and I got stuck in the starting zone and just got extremely frustrated.
  2. Icaen Elder

Only you can answer this question..

So hop in and find out, what are you waiting for?
  3. Braxton Lorekeeper

I like it!!!

It's nice and friendly and the UI is very simple to understand.

I will probably buy the expansions next month!

Just need to find a friendly guild.

I'm in the starting zone - but doing good. It seems more intuitive than EQ2.

I'll try it this weekend.
  4. Kimela Elder

I really enjoy EQ. Most of the people are really friendly and helpful. The community as a whole is awesome. There are so many quests you can do, or you can just grind. The tutorial in the beginning is pretty helpful, although I honestly feel like they need to add some stuff to it, but it will get you going.
  5. Roxxanna Augur

The Eternal Darkness on The Rathe server is always looking for new friends. We are a family style guild that just likes to have fun, our only requirements are a good attitude, and a desire to have fun with like-minded individuals. With a little help from a few friends, that mountain of learning your facing isn't quite as rough. We have been picking up a lot of new friends from this forum. We are not a raiding guild, except for Anguish as people need their epics. We do have some world class raiders in house, but they raid with other guilds, and just come home to roost with us because we are all family, even if not in real life, so their expert advice is available. We also have Ventrillo, and a player base ranging from Europe to Hawaii. Even if you don't stay with us, although I think you will, I encourage you to try us out. Any class, any level, any player skill level. If this sounds like what you're looking for, send me a /tell, Roxxanna, m-f 6-9pm, almost anytime on weekends. Looking forward to hearing from you.
  6. Borek-VS Augur

What do you think needs adding to the tutorial?
  7. Fluid Augur

A forced grouping/big boss encounter would be nice. Intent would be defeated by boxers of course but for people that are new to EQ and grouping, it could provide a taste of the depth involved when you deal with humans on your team.