Worst wiz ever!

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Flatchy, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

Can I ask a couple questions here for my wiz box? This is basic stuff I just never really bothered to learn I guess but would like to take advantage of.

1. Can you explain or point me to an area that describes different bind points for your wizard? I have heard there can be up to 3. I atm have 2 set. one is right in front of the guild hall door. and the other changes according to where the fellowship needs to be atm. I would like to be able to set up a 3rd.

2. What is the special spell wizards have that I keep skilling up on with achievements. You get some augment and click it and your skill level goes up?
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

1. Don't use one at GH. That's what anchors are for. I use my primary bind to be a spot where it would be nice to port my group to, since you get a Teleport Bind AA. Usually whichever zone I'm working progression on.

I use the other two to go wherever is convenient. Haven't used them much lately, but when I'm after some names to finish hunters, or something like that, I will set one of them nearby.
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

I set my bind point via spell at WW atm closest to whatever zone im working , I think I did set my anchor at the gh door. how do you set a third one, that is what i am asking.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Third bind point is Tertiary Recall (AA under Archetype since Druids have it as well).

You set your third bind point via clicking a Guidestone (available at least at the EWK wizard spell vendor and one of the PoK spell vendors for wizards ... I am sure there are other places).

Unlike Secondary Recall AA, there is not an AA available (yet) to set the third bind point so you must buy a guidestone (I usually have a few on me).
    Zynt likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Sorry, missed your question about Guidestone. They are also available from the ETWK druid circle vendor. If Wizzies have a port-in for that expac, I imagine one can also be bought there.
  6. Flatchy Court Jester

Ok I am using the guidestone so I guess I am missing the second one . That one is set with what, that anchor thing? and then since tertiary recall is for the guidestone binding point , what do I cast to get to the secondary binding point?

Sorry trolls really are this dumb!
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Wizard spell: bind affinity, sets your bind spot. We also get this as an AA.
    Wizard spell: gate, teleports you back to your bindspot. We also get this as an AA.
    Wizard AA: teleport bind, teleports your group to your bind spot.

Wizard AA: mark of travel, set your secondary bind spot, you can also buy it as a single charge clicky-item
    Wizard AA: secondary recall, teleports you to your secondary bond spot.
    Clicky item: guidestone(bought near etwk-port-in or crafted), sets you tertiary bind spot.
    Wizard AA: tertiary recall, teleports you to your tertiary bond spot.

Translocate(spell and AA), sends target to their bind spot.
    Teleport(spell and AA), sends all nearby allies to their bind spots.

Placeable item: primary anchor, destination for primary anchor gate/portal/push which sends you/your group/your target to it. Same deal for secondary anchor.
    Placeable item: guild hall anchor, destination for teleport guildhall anchor, sends nearby allies to it
    Anchors and their abilities can be bought at the loyalty vendor. We also get anchor gate-clickies.

Abscond/evacuate/greater decession, send you/your group/ your target to the local succor-point.
    Wizard AA: exodus, sends the group to the succor point but is instant-cast and have a cooldown.

Wizard AA: nexus gate, instant self-gate to nexus, useful if exodus is on cooldown.
    Vizier, Waitwhat, Kelset and 4 others like this.
  8. Ecidew Journeyman

Jumbur .. Best list of gate / binds for a Wiz that I have seen .. But you missed one .. "You died .. Zone loading"
    Jumbur likes this.