"Worn Off" text.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kygo007, Aug 1, 2021.

1. kygo007 New Member

I would like to suggest making it so that the "worn off" messages on buffs and discs are unique for each. Unfortunately, many share a common text string making it difficult to utilize audio triggers that are tied to the buff wearing off.

For example, both of the warrior's "Ultimate Stand" and "Warlord's Bravery" share the same "You return to your normal fighting style" message.

I want to make an audio trigger that signals me when Ultimate Stand is down, but if the message isn't unique the trigger goes off for everything that shares that text string. There are other buffs that also share common messages, making the sum of all of these quite confusing when trying to apply audio triggers.
    Fanra and Nennius like this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

If I'm tanking I'm paying attention to this stuff, but I agree. It would be nice to have a distinct wear off message (ideally including the actual name of the disc)
  3. demi Augur

Doesn't Gina do this already ? what I mean is can't you set it up to trigger an audio notification that such and such disc or spell has worn off ?
  4. kygo007 New Member

I could be wrong, but I think GINA feeds off the same text strings.
  5. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

GINA works by reading your EQ log file. It can only work with the data available. Having unique fade messages for all abilities/buffs would improve the data. There is always the option to use timer triggers for activated discs, but those can be annoying/incorrect if you choose to click an ability off early or it fades early due to running out of endurance, etc.
  6. Repthor Augur

You can set up timer to fade

For defensive it lasts 3 minutes and 12 seconds if you have a hard time to track it on your on.

You can also set up for charges left for stuff that has charges

Haveing to many audio triggers can also be bad on fights with constant emotes. So only make triggers for what you must have
    Nennius, Elyssanda and Svann2 like this.
  7. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Sadly, all the rogue poisons have the same worn off message. Not just the utility and dps, but our disc one, too. The AA one *used* to, but now it's a permanent thing. Timer can't be used for any of it, since it's got a set number of procs then it drops. Sadface.