Working faction while leveling advice sought

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by EastSideWestSide, Jan 25, 2022.

1. EastSideWestSide Lorekeeper

Hi everyone. I'm a returning player, played in the first 2 years back in the day through about Luclin/PoP, left for awhile, came back for nostalgia once or twice, but in about 2019 discovered Agnarr existed, incredibly happy with that perma-lock at an era I knew and loved, been returning now and again since life allowing.

My highest toons are only in their low 20's, I'm enjoying leveling mostly solo (cough) potions are my copilot, I love you little vile of Clarity (cough), but when I level I really like to work factions at the same time and I'm looking for suggestions where I could go/what I could grind that also helps me work factions I might like.

Example, I currently run a Blackburrow (Qeynos), then Warrens (Paineel and Erudin), then Butcher Block (aqua goblins IIRC make dwarf guards like me more), as my first zones.

I'm looking for more zones and spots like that, where I could kill things solo but in doing so I work a faction or two I might like two, and preferably while not ruining any factions (or any I need to interact with on good or evil PCs). I'd say my example of the perfect spot is The Warrens, kind of a pain to level, but as far as I know no faction hits to anything I care about, and faction BOOSTS to a Good AND Evil city.

Anyone have any suggestions on places in the say 20-50 range that let you do that? You can kick butt but also make friends while doing so?

Thanks if anyone knows any I haven't thought of. I don't know much about Luclin or LDON or some other parts of the old world I never ventured to much (down by Grobb/Ogguk, parts of Faydwer, Kunark), so I'm open to suggestions.
  2. Annastasya Augur

It would help if we knew what races and classes you are playing, as the starting factions vary wildly.

You may get some responses here like: why bother with factions as they are mostly irrelevant in the modern game.

i would ignore all that, as you seem to only care about the old world and relatively low level stuff. In which case i would suggest killing iksar bandits and goblins in the zones surrounding Cabilis to up your faction with the guards and merchants of that city (not all of them mind you so be careful).

Killing orcs around the continent of Faydwer is helpful to gaining free access to elven cities, but it can make you hated in Neriak, the evil elven city, where the rulers may be backing the orcs in order to subvert and more likely distract the good elven societies. But that's just a rumor. ;)

Anywhere you find Goblins, Orcs, Kobolds, or Bandits in general, it's a good bet that killing them will garner you better faction with the inhabitants of nearby cities.
  3. Iven the Lunatic

Most faction work is done by delivering items like bone chips and red wine to NPCs today.
    There is also the crocodile quest at the far southern part of the beach in the Desert of Ro for freeport factions where you can also grind experience at about lvl 15-25. Another faction zones are Crushbone, Runnyeye, Highpass Hold and Highkeep. Basically all classic, RoK and TSoV zones are faction zones.

There was a faction list on ZAM but it is no longer accessible it seems. Here just an example for a single faction:
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/faction.html?faction=28

4. Rondor Augur

CrazyLarth and Iven like this.